The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Hahahaha it's going to be Hughes isn't it? It'll be good by Christmas then you'll bottle it out the playoffs again

hahaha you and the other 8 Livingston fans can pull your pudding over it then pml hahahaha lol

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Won't happen though. Holt will want someone he'll be able to influence. Yogi wouldn't stand for that.

Would be a mis-match. Yogi knows more about football management, and FFC, than Holt ever will. 

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I always seen Yogi as a bully as a manager and thought that really hampered us in his last season.

I'm not exactly saying I'd take him but we could do with a bully right now.

There is bullying and there is assault....unfortunately the last time he was with us it was the latter. That’s why I wouldn’t have him near our club.

50 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Jim Duffy...no chance, not now. To be blunt he's past it. 

But I still remember the team he managed in the late 80s. I had started going to games and we had some great players. He was manager when I first really watched the team. He brings back memories of Brockville for me at least. Happy ones. But I wouldn't have him back.

BaHVxalIQAAmcaz.jpg

This was also my first proper season watching Falkirk. Some great times. Before that I would only go to occasional games like promotion game againat East Fife 

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

As said, Hughes was one of our great players and captain, enjoyed his first year as manager but then he brought in players that nearly bankrupted the club. 
I suspect the reason he’s not being kept would be a financial one and maybe as SD has noted another gig lined up. Would I take him it’s a no, rarely works out going back second time.

Each to their own - I enjoyed both the seasons he won the First Division title, enjoyed finishing 7th back to back in the SPL, beating Dunfermline in a semi final to qualify for Europe and never being relegated from the top flight, but if you just liked his first year as manager that's your opinion I guess!