The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Source ! Names ? Meetings ?

I'm telling you till I'm blue in the face. Why not just stop pedalling that shite as it's utter tripe. If you don't know what's going on behind the scenes then listen to people that do 

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Starting to worry that it may be Duffy or Rae now! :(

No chance of either getting the post I can assure you of that. Doubt we'll know anything till the end of the week as a few things still going on.

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

How did Gomis get on for you guys this season? Any chat on teams interested in him?

He'll be fine if used sparingly, we had to use him too much this season due to the rest of our options being gash and it took his toll on him. Still tidy with the ball and very nippy for his old age.

Jim Duffy...no chance, not now. To be blunt he's past it. 

But I still remember the team he managed in the late 80s. I had started going to games and we had some great players. He was manager when I first really watched the team. He brings back memories of Brockville for me at least. Happy ones. But I wouldn't have him back.

BaHVxalIQAAmcaz.jpg

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Jim Duffy...no chance, not now. To be blunt he's past it. 

But I still remember the team he managed in the late 80s. I had started going to games and we had some great players. He was manager when I first really watched the team. He brings back memories of Brockville for me at least. Happy ones. But I wouldn't have him back.

BaHVxalIQAAmcaz.jpg

Great pic.

From the wasted talent of Colin McNair, the dreadful Brendan McIntyre to a bunch of heroes.

Puts today’s situation into context.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Great pic.

From the wasted talent of Colin McNair, the dreadful Brendan McIntyre to a bunch of heroes.

Puts today’s situation into context.

I've said this before but I was a mascot in ~1990. In the changing room the players were all good to me, but Colin McNair was a bit funny. He picked up a ball and launched it at my head. I ducked and it hit the wall behind me and he was gutting himself laughing. I crapped myself.  Stuart Burgess was the captain then and really nice.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Might not be a popular opinion but I'd have him back tomorrow. Doubt he'd come though. 

He'd bankrupt us. And his philosophy wouldn't fit in with the Rawlins' plans and strategy, methinks.

Get Yogi in now! 
From the Ross County article - “The club can today confirm that John has decided to explore further football opportunities and with the imminent expiry of his contract, John will leave the club. John’s time here was a great success for John personally and Ross County Football Club.”