The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just catching up on this from the last few days. Can’t believe what I’m reading to be honest. I got shot down for giving Strachan as an example of someone the Rawlins could maybe tempt but now we’re talking up Paul Sheerin as a great proposition as manager!!? Jesus wept. 

The only positive is that he hasn’t been tarnished with a recent managerial failure. If you would have believed the clubs statement then you would have expected someone left field. Would have hoped the Rawlins connections would have identified an up and coming coach from down South and not have McCann and Rice as front runners when the application pool runs dry. 

From the sheer anger at the board to the defence of this fiasco leaves me lost for words. If we can’t muster the desire for real change in the governance of our club after this then we truly can’t complain if we find ourselves a permanent fixture in this league. 

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just catching up on this from the last few days. Can’t believe what I’m reading to be honest. I got shot down for giving Strachan as an example of someone the Rawlins could maybe tempt but now we’re talking up Paul Sheerin as a great proposition as manager!!? Jesus wept. 

The only positive is that he hasn’t been tarnished with a recent managerial failure. If you would have believed the clubs statement then you would have expected someone left field. Would have hoped the Rawlins connections would have identified an up and coming coach from down South and not have McCann and Rice as front runners when the application pool runs dry. 

From the sheer anger at the board to the defence of this fiasco leaves me lost for words. If we can’t muster the desire for real change in the governance of our club after this then we truly can’t complain if we find ourselves a permanent fixture in this league. 

Probably because that's a complete nonsense shout.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

How did Gomis get on for you guys this season? Any chat on teams interested in him?

He was done but that's not to say he done bad. He was just trying to cover every blade of grass because he was surrounded by lazy shite. The amount of bookings he got kind of highlighted that he has lost a yard and really needs somebody to do the running for him.

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably because that's a complete nonsense shout.

Unachievable perhaps but that wasn’t why it was shot down. 

In the last 30 years, who would be the midfielder to play alongside Latapy (has to be him) in the midfield in a best of X1 with a 4-4-2 formation? I’ve always been a bit reluctant to say Vaulks because he never played in the top flight but I think it has to be him, just because he’s the all-round package and firm fan favourite.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Deserved of all accolades, great footballer, great guy and hope he keeps to his word that he’ll be back one day ( hopefully with the colours on) 

Could you imagine the reception in years to come if he is announced as manager !

Place would be packed out to welcome him.

17 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Rawlings is not the majority shareholder if there was money to be made from the land surrounding the stadium then SA and MR would have sniffed it out . On the flip side there is a fortune in agents fees for a tiny investment in proportionate terms .The agent of an English championship player / now maybe premiership like Fulton will have targeted earning 500 k from his career since he left Falkirk as a minimum.. Rawlings plans to have a stake in more than one club ( it’s a business) and punt as many players on to a higher level - that’s his game plan -Developing land in the bog road requires a much bigger investment and therefore risk - it’s not Rawlings bag .

The Americans look at every aspect of a business and what can be maximised by their investment.

Worked with them and for them its is how their minds work.

Land surrounding the stadium has big development potential and therefore the biggest return.

Time will tell !

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Americans look at every aspect of a business and what can be maximised by their investment.

Land surrounding the stadium has big development potential and therefore the biggest return.

Time will tell !

Phil Rawlins is English.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Time will tell !

We're forgetting Rawlings isnt American, but i agree with you on how the Americans work they will asset strip any ounce of a business and then let the rest go but as mentioned we dont have any assets to strip.