The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

They undoubtedly have put in lots of cash although S A donating money to build a stand we arguably didn’t need has transpired to be a milestone round our necks. 

Fans don’t care who put in what cash or why they just want to go home happy on a Saturday night. They want the owners to be 100% committed to success  - that is where the disconnect is and where our problems 
Lie understandably SA and MR have had enough they should accept they have made terrible decisions in respect of the running of the club and stand aside or we are in danger of becoming the Scottish Sunderland 

Donating money is surely handing it over and expecting feck all back not a yearly fee to use it ad infinitum.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Not quite getting the mess for a manager, there’s been a serious amount of people applying, and like all vacancies there’s normally around 90% you can send a no thanks to, which leaves a shortlist of guys with varying skill sets. In addition  it wouldn’t stop the club from tapping or sounding out others that may have not initially applied. Agents will have also been poking around trying to find deals so whether guys like Rice ( if he was our  no 1 target) have been approached directly or indirectly is par for the course. 
I’ve no doubt the tone with Rawlins and the board has changed and I’d be surprised if Rawlins hasn’t been directly involved in the process of finding the new manager. 
Yes if it’s Sheerin he’s a gamble, so is every appointment apart from maybe Pep or Klopp

Rawlins will have not given FFC  a thought for weeks. Any dealings will be delegated to a subordinate or associated company.

We are a line on the balance sheet of his various investments. The only reason he is involved is the potential to buy the surrounding land round the stadium.

That is the only route he has to make money from the club in the long run.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The fact the bod didn't even know he'd just signed a new contract with Hamilton is highly incompetent if you ask me and reeks of the whole McKinnon affair.

Alan Maitland said the whole coaching staff would be at Hamilton regardless if they were relegated after Rice signed the new deal.

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Rawlins will have not given FFC  a thought for weeks. Any dealings will be delegated to a subordinate or associated company.

We are a line on the balance sheet of his various investments. The only reason he is involved is the potential to buy the surrounding land round the stadium.

You keep peddling this but it's complete bollocks.  They've  been in numerous zoom meetings with the club and others over the past few weeks. Jesus wept.

35 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

It's irrelevant he doesn't want to come to us. 

To the papers and Hamilton board he doesn't want this job  so that he keeps the peace. I think personally he does though. I'm sure he mentioned after his problems that he owed it to Hamilton after they supported him so its probably more of a moral dilemma for him. If so then fair play.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

To the papers and Hamilton board he doesn't want this job  so that he keeps the peace. I think personally he does though. I'm sure he mentioned after his problems that he owed it to Hamilton after they supported him so its probably more of a moral dilemma for him. If so then fair play.

He'd walk over hot coals to come to us but he isn't going to rock the boat at Hamilton. As soon as they told him we wanted to interview him as one of 5 candidates he was never going to say. Aye you need to let me go I'm desperate for an interview. If we had offered him the job he'd be here.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Wrong - the main reason he bought shares was to benefit from agent fees add one etc when we sell players on to the EPL and championship via the agency his mate runs - ( basically the same plan as Gow) unfortunately for him there’s not much demand for league 1 duffers down there.! Given our anticipated rise thru the leagues has stumbled let’s wait and see how brave he is to invest more  cash to ensure we get to a level necessary for his plan to kick off. We are talking potentially millions if he can get 2 or 3 of his guys punted on to the top level. Not bad for a few hundred thousand investment but there’s no guarantee it will work. If  he wanted to invest speculatively in property then the metropolis that is Falkirk would not be on his radar as a venue . Take it from me that in that world we are not  a serious contender for his millions. We are just a sprat to catch a few bigger fish in the Fitba agency game . I hope it works as we will get a free ride to the premiership on the back of it ! 

Edited by Stainrod
Errors

On 22/05/2021 at 10:19, Shadwell Dog said:

You've got deans saying he represents every shareholder  who voted him on to the board too when he certainly doesn't have my backing and I'm sure many others.

Deans certainly doesn't have my backing.  I could be wrong, but I think he was a Colin Liddel appointee. The problem is that once they are on , it's hard to get them off.

A similar situation arose with the EGM to oust Doug Henderson on the basis of a vote of no confidence. 99% of the folk there voted for him to get the boot, only for some on the MSG to keep him. He wasn't for shifting either... but then finally got the message.  

4 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

While a fan group would be far better than the set up we currently have, it wouldn't be my first choice.  I'd much rather have a single owner (Geoff Brown type) though it would clearly need to be someone who knows what they're doing (preferably with deep pockets) 

Fans groups occasionally work but can also become rife with ego and cliques.  

Like the manager role there are no guarantees of success at board level though we seem to be more incapable than most at balancing the bad times with some good.  

While I agree with a lot of that, particularly the bit about cliques and egos, I think a fans group is better than someone with no FFC background.  

If it is a small group of fans who are willing to put in a bundle of cash, invest in the future and also work as a collective then it can be successful.  I would worry about a fans group that has a thousand members all puling in different directions. 

We have seen in the past with Fulston and Deans what one (or 2 guys) can do to the club. At the moment we really only have 2 guys and the Rawlins running the club .....and see where that left us....languishing in Div 3 and hoping for a miracle in appointing a new Managers  

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You keep peddling this but it's complete bollocks.  They've  been in numerous zoom meetings with the club and others over the past few weeks. Jesus wept.

Heard a wee story that they are thinking about buying the South Stand from SA. Don't know if its true or not.... but could be a reason why they didn't invest in more shares. They are keeping the cash to buy the stand. 

14 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Deans certainly doesn't have my backing.  I could be wrong, but I think he was a Colin Liddel appointee. The problem is that once they are on , it's hard to get them off.

A similar situation arose with the EGM to oust Doug Henderson on the basis of a vote of no confidence. 99% of the folk there voted for him to get the boot, only for some on the MSG to keep him. He wasn't for shifting either... but then finally got the message.  

Yeah I remember that night. If it had been me I would've just said no problem I'll obey the will of the majority instead of the riddy of relying on a couple of folk to get back in.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah I remember that night. If it had been me I would've just said no problem I'll obey the will of the majority instead of the riddy of relying on a couple of folk to get back in.

Yep... we had to have a proper paper vote after the shareholders went ape shit at one or two hands being raised in his support.

Think he got the message as we left.....

Have to admit, I'm a bit meh about Sheerin but who else are we going to attract given our position.

I was hoping that The Rawlins would use their contacts and get us an upcoming Pep G based on the fact that they managed to get Kaka signed up for Orlando City.  Allardyce likes short term huge challenges !

As for the other stuff re the BoD & MSG . I am gobsmacked at any on this site who can support a Group of individuals who have managed to turn our team into a  Div 3 mid-table bunch of also rans. I also really worry about the future financial impact it will have on our club if we don't get the fans back on board for next season. The covid crises has given many people other insights to what they can do on a Saturday. I also think that sponsors will be less willing to part with cash for a club that appears to be going nowhere. 

It needs to be turned round and quick. There is a huge disconnect between fans and the club and I can't see it getting any better if early results don't go our way.  

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

Have to admit, I'm a bit meh about Sheerin but who else are we going to attract given our position.

I was hoping that The Rawlins would use their contacts and get us an upcoming Pep G based on the fact that they managed to get Kaka signed up for Orlando City.  Allardyce likes short term huge challenges !

As for the other stuff re the BoD & MSG . I am gobsmacked at any on this site who can support a Group of individuals who have managed to turn our team into a  Div 3 mid-table bunch of also rans. I also really worry about the future financial impact it will have on our club if we don't get the fans back on board for next season. The covid crises has given many people other insights to what they can do on a Saturday. I also think that sponsors will be less willing to part with cash for a club that appears to be going nowhere. 

It needs to be turned round and quick. There is a huge disconnect between fans and the club and I can't see it getting any better if early results don't go our way.  

Allardyce 😂😂😂 f**k me gently.

Guest Peter LaFleur

I think Zbairn is going to be slightly disappointed when we start signing players. Why aren’t the Rawlins unearthing the next Ronaldo and Messi to go along with the next Pep Guardiola?