The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At the end of the day he will have to work with whatever Holt finds him anyway and that's been our biggest problem for years. If recruitment doesn't improve tenfold we'll be stuck down here for a good while yet.

1E48271F-F3A5-4214-954B-AA068AD91B19.jpeg.df89535fce889d37a7c03c512262dde5.jpeg

54 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Another article suggesting we've interviewed Sheerin, Kettlewell and McIntyre. Probably gamble on Sheerin out of that lot.

That list makes me physically cry, I'd be broken if McIntyre got the gig

46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We don't want a manager whose perfectly fine for this level. We want one that can get us promoted and then compete in the championship.  J

As we know from prior experience managing a first team is a million miles away from bringing through young players.  2 totally different jobs. Far more pressure and the bucks stop with you when you are managing a first team. I guess we'll just need to wait and see but we certainly can't afford to feck this appointment up or it most likely will be curtains. Smacks of an appointment that Holt can control if which is the worrying thing for me.

Who is the best manager we can get for the gig ?

Jefferies and Hughes weren't experienced yet McKinnon and Hartley were, the latter deemed foolproof.

If the short list is true, by fuk I'd take Sheerin everyday

That's a couple Aberdeen fans I've spoken to who rate him as an u20s coach. I can't quite remember his last season at Arbroath, was there not talk that he was already leaving to join Aberdeen before the end of his final season?

I suppose it's one of these appointments which is a bit of an unknown, he's not a rookie and has had success in management but it is also a bit of 'black mark' getting Arbroath relegated.

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

That's a couple Aberdeen fans I've spoken to who rate him as an u20s coach. I can't quite remember his last season at Arbroath, was there not talk that he was already leaving to join Aberdeen before the end of his final season?

I suppose it's one of these appointments which is a bit of an unknown, he's not a rookie and has had success in management but it is also a bit of 'black mark' getting Arbroath relegated.

He might be benefitting from a fanbase who realistically, have had their expectations ground into the dirt, but what I will be happy to see is a manager/head coach who can set up a team with a coherent tactical shape and strategy, who can adjust if neccessary and put out a team who looks like they train together and are aware that they are going to have to scrap for it in this league. 

That shouldn't be a lot under normal circumstances but after some of the ineptitude of recent times, would be an improvement

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If sheerins that great you have to wonder why Aberdeen didn't appoint him but instead went for an MLS reserve coach whose team were bottom of the league.

Because Cormack is a fucking imbecile.

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Another article suggesting we've interviewed Sheerin, Kettlewell and McIntyre. Probably gamble on Sheerin out of that lot.

We can't gamble though. This appointment has to be spot on and none of those names fill you with any confidence at all. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

We can't gamble though. This appointment has to be spot on and none of those names fill you with any confidence at all. 

Honestly though, who is a gettable safe pair of hands? I really don't have an answer for that. Perhaps its a sign of being downtrodden as a fan that I am neither inspired nor upset by Sheerin, but honestly, I can't tell you the guy who I think definitely gets us out of this league. 

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

That list makes me physically cry, I'd be broken if McIntyre got the gig

Who is the best manager we can get for the gig ?

Jefferies and Hughes weren't experienced yet McKinnon and Hartley were, the latter deemed foolproof.

If the short list is true, by fuk I'd take Sheerin everyday

Jeffries had had two decent years at Berwick  before we had him. Again a manager on the way up who had yet to taste disappointment. Now we constantly go for managers that have failed elsewhere or have no experience whatsoever.

I don’t get statements like this. Every appointment is a gamble and what name would fill you with confidence?

24 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It's ok getting them relegated from the championship there's no shame in that. It's getting them relegated from league one that's the problem.

27 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

He also won League 2 with Arbroath and finished 2nd in League 1 the following season.  

Of the names being bandied around, I'm coming round to Sheerin as being a far better option than the likes of McIntyre or Kettlewell.  

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

He also won League 2 with Arbroath and finished 2nd in League 1 the following season.  

Of the names being bandied around, I'm coming round to Sheerin as being a far better option than the likes of McIntyre or Kettlewell.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Bandied around, not banded around. And while I am on, shoo in, not shoe in.

Rant over.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest Ecosse83

Sheerin has came out of no where. Can’t say I know much about him so hard to have too much of an opinion.

I am glad we haven’t went for a McIntyre type though!

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jeffries had had two decent years at Berwick  before we had him. Again a manager on the way up who had yet to taste disappointment. Now we constantly go for managers that have failed elsewhere or have no experience whatsoever.

Jefferies done well but winning 18 losing 16 in his last season at Berwick is not on the way up, he was very much a gamble as is every appointment.

No names from yourself as to who you'd want or are you still on the Peter Grant train ?

Edited by MrDust

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

If I’m correct that now makes it the last three times McIntyre has applied and been interviewed and not got the job. The question is why do we keep interviewing him? 

Got offered the job one of the times but he only wanted a 1 year rolling contract and the club were against that.