The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Well, all I can say is that MR is a Falkirk boy who attended Bainsford Primary.

I was in the same year as his older brother David and the dad was the manager at the Clydesdale Bank in Larbert, I think.

Means nowt. I went to Langlees Primary and half of the lads there supported Sevco Part 1.

5 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Means nowt. I went to Langlees Primary and half of the lads there supported Sevco Part 1.

I don’t think the Langlees Rangers lads invested serious cash in their football club.

In addition to his shares (basically a gift)he has given substantial  loans as and when needed and has written off part of those loans.

You may not like MR or SA but they have put in substantial amounts of cash into the club.

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t think the Langlees Rangers lads invested serious cash in their football club.

In addition to his shares (basically a gift)he has given substantial  loans as and when needed and has written off part of those loans.

You may not like MR or SA but they have put in substantial amounts of cash into the club.

I didn’t say I didn’t like him. What I was alluding to is that just because you come from Bainsford, it doesn’t mean you support Falkirk. 

From my dealings with both they are both very personable people. I would say that MR is not a huge football fan though. SA is FFC through and through. 

Next manager markets, especially at our level, are so illiquid that a couple of small bets can massively move prices. He may be our next manager but it wouldn't surprise if that was McBookie trying to drum up some action during a slow period with little football. 

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

If you think Gary Dean's or any previous chairman has any decision or serious influence since Ritchie then ok.

All of them have been puppets, Dean's may have been more vocal and producing key words better than previous but you can't see his strings. The chairmen/women have been there to take the shit our MSG have put them in due to their decision making not the chairpersons.

Gary Deans may have been an MSG appointment but the way the board is structured now means that even S and M can’t have a say in how the club is run. 

The constitution of the board was changed so that S and M can’t even sell their shares without board approval. The people running the club at the moment are those on the board, not S and M. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Next manager markets, especially at our level, are so illiquid that a couple of small bets can massively move prices. He may be our next manager but it wouldn't surprise if that was McBookie trying to drum up some action during a slow period with little football. 

This is exactly how it works. They were tweeting the other day about the Dunfermline manager market, commenting that “the last few bets are all from the Dundee area for Stewart Petrie, maybe someone knows something!” - while keeping Petrie’s odds at 5/4.

If they seriously believed someone “knew something” they’d have heavily shortened his odds or suspended the market altogether. All these small price moves aren’t worth paying much attention to.

8 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Experience from the last few seasons suggests we will be battling it out with Dumbarton and Clyde to avoid the drop.

Our first competitive game is in 50 days. As it stands, we have no head coach and just 5 players signed up. A number of of rivals are already signing players for next season.

i can quite easily see us spending the next three or four seasons in this league.

Deary me, I've been prone to a bit of knicker wetting but this is just daft. This season hasnt even finished yet and players are still under contracts at their clubs until the end of this month. I don't expect us to make any signing announcements whatsoever until then. Same as everyone else. 

9 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Gary Deans may have been an MSG appointment but the way the board is structured now means that even S and M can’t have a say in how the club is run. 

The constitution of the board was changed so that S and M can’t even sell their shares without board approval. The people running the club at the moment are those on the board, not S and M. 

.......and that hasn’t been truly understood until now. The Rawlins with 26% can control M&S with 40%(?), but M&S can’t control the Rawlins because M&S aren’t on the board. I think an AGM or EGM is the only place M&S could upset the apple cart, but they have never gone against the Board.

what a shambles of a club.

No one in charge and no one responsible for the multitude of fek ups that plaque the club season after season.

The perfect BOD structure to deflect any and all criticism and fek the fans up the backside year after year.

10 hours ago, Van_damage said:

You maybe should look though at who got deans on the board in the first place.

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

This is exactly how it works. They were tweeting the other day about the Dunfermline manager market, commenting that “the last few bets are all from the Dundee area for Stewart Petrie, maybe someone knows something!” - while keeping Petrie’s odds at 5/4.

If they seriously believed someone “knew something” they’d have heavily shortened his odds or suspended the market altogether. All these small price moves aren’t worth paying much attention to.

In a lot of cases yes but in this case he's the favourite because he is now the favourite.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You maybe should look though at who got deans on the board in the first place.

It may have been one of the more vocal MSG / Board members who got Deans onto the Board....Liddell?  That has been the problem for some time with SA & MR just sitting watching the numerous fiascos unfold.

They didnt appoint their own Board members and the constitution of the club means that they then couldn’t make any decisions without calling EGM’s. That’s the situation at the moment I believe with The Rawlins effectively running the club with just over 20 odd % shareholding.  

Another interesting thing about the constitution is that you can’t sell your share without approval of the Board. I believe this is a pain in the arse at the moment for some major shareholders who are totally pissed off with the current governance and want to make changes by buying more shares from others to increase their holding to match The Rawlins.....and subsequently be able to appoint their own people onto the Board.

effectively it’s a closed shop.

Edited by Zbairn
Additional text

7 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

It may have been one of the more vocal MSG / Board members who got Deans onto the Board....Liddell?  That has been the problem for some time with SA & MR just sitting watching the numerous fiascos unfold.

They didnt appoint their own Board members and the constitution of the club means that they then couldn’t make any decisions without calling EGM’s. That’s the situation at the moment I believe with The Rawlins effectively running the club with just over 20 odd % shareholding.  

Another interesting thing about the constitution is that you can’t sell your share without approval of the Board. I believe this is a pain in the arse at the moment for some major shareholders who are totally pissed off with the current governance and want to make changes by buying more shares from others to increase their holding to match The Rawlins.....and subsequently be able to appoint their own people onto the Board.

You've got deans saying he represents every shareholder  who voted him on to the board too when he certainly doesn't have my backing and I'm sure many others.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I have no pre-concieved opinion on Sheerin but everything I've heard is that he tries to get teams playing out from the back and attacking, which I'm all for. You'd hope he has a good insight into the players reaching the end of their time at youth level and not quite able to make Scottish Premiership teams, which is 1000000% the market we should be in.

More than happy to give him a chance.

Guest Peter LaFleur
8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I have no pre-concieved opinion on Sheerin but everything I've heard is that he tries to get teams playing out from the back and attacking, which I'm all for. You'd hope he has a good insight into the players reaching the end of their time at youth level and not quite able to make Scottish Premiership teams, which is 1000000% the market we should be in.

More than happy to give him a chance.

Agreed. Let’s be honest, M&M nearly won this league with a ganting squad and zero coaching or management skills so the bar is set pretty low for Sheerin.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

I also have absolutely zero pre conceived notion of him. Will give him every chance to bed in and hope he does well.

Also going to take any opinions of him from Aberdeen fans with a heavy pinch of salt. For me, outside of the ugly sisters, the most entitled fanbase in the country. Mcinness and staff delivered 2nd and 3rd place galore, as well as  cup finals and semis galore. Let’s not forget the years before that they were directly fighting us for relegation. This season seemed to go a bit stale but for me he was verging on manager of the decade. How much hand Sheerin had in this I don’t know, but I don’t think I’d hate this appointment

Edited by bairn88