The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

They would have sold their shares long ago but nobody is prepared to buy- “who would”  it’s money down the drain almost to be guaranteed.. 

People are prepared to buy them. The trouble is they keep pissing folk about. I don’t think they have any interest in selling them.

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t think anyone has ever suggested that they wouldn’t want the club to do well. * Go back a page!

The point is that our current board is failing and in from my experiences I think there has to be a big change for us to move forward. That may make me someone with an axe to grind in your book but the only way to avoid that label is by saying nothing negative against the club. I’ve done that for over a year though so not going to continue although I’m still fair enough to give credit where it’s due. There’s just not a lot to go round at the moment! 

I'm not suggesting that you have an axe to grind - far from it- but there are folk that post on here that seem to have turned against the club or, as I say, are making mischief. Some of the stuff that I'm reading is starting to turn previously rational posters into angry men and woman. Look at the stuff regarding Paul Sheerin for example. I fail to see how the BOD can be blamed for someone that the fans don't rate applying for the job but thatis apparently all of the board's fault. I'm no apologist for them, we most certainly need change and new blood with fans who have the best interests of the club to get involved, but we need to keep a sense of perspective. Some posters would be shouting the odds at the BOD because the cleaner had forgotten to clean the last bog in the row!

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm not suggesting that you have an axe to grind - far from it- but there are folk that post on here that seem to have turned against the club or, as I say, are making mischief. Some of the stuff that I'm reading is starting to turn previously rational posters into angry men and woman. Look at the stuff regarding Paul Sheerin for example. I fail to see how the BOD can be blamed for someone that the fans don't rate applying for the job but thatis apparently all of the board's fault. I'm no apologist for them, we most certainly need change and new blood with fans who have the best interests of the club to get involved, but we need to keep a sense of perspective. Some posters would be shouting the odds at the BOD because the cleaner had forgotten to clean the last bog in the row!

I think fans are quite right to complain at the bod for screwing up the rice approach and then a day or so later deciding that someone with a completely different record in management to rice is suddenly the right man for the job.  This bod need to go. They are clueless and the sooner Rawlins realises that and gets them to feck the better.

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

You’re entitled to your opinion and evidently nothing I say will change that, but I disagree on so many levels. It tells you everything you need to know about Alexander and Ritchie that they continue to stink the place out despite knowing how large sections of the fanbase feel about them. Stubborn, arrogant old men who show the fans nothing but contempt. They have monumentally failed this Club and will continue to do so until they relinquish their power and fu*k off.

Not convinced either are supporters. I’ve heard from various people that Ritchie isn’t a football man, you can tell that just by looking at him to be honest. As much as Alexander claims to be one, he could’ve changed our fortunes at any point over the last few years. “Why should he?” people ask. Well simply put, he’s a multi-millionaire...that’s what I’d expect of a “superfan” with that sort of wealth let alone a majority shareholder. He’d rather charge the Club rent for the South Stand and over inflated interest rates on soft loans though. Can’t provide proof, but that’s information I’ve gathered over the years from people I trust. 

If neither of them have any interest in investing in the Club any further, sell their shares, piss off to their holiday homes and allow real Falkirk men to take the Club forward. They won’t do that though, instead they’ll continue to stick two fingers up at those pesky fans who dare to question their leadership. They have repeatedly knocked back investment opportunities from fans and less than two years ago entertained Mark Campbell for 14 weeks whilst rejecting the fan ownership proposal from Back the Bairns. Was that in the Clubs best interests? Utterly shameful stuff. 

Fast forward to now - different Chairman and different Board members, but still the same old problems. Self-interest at the forefront of everything they do. It’s not my place to elaborate any further but I hope their actions are exposed very soon.

Pretty much my thoughts. I think you are spot on with MR. 

I would tend to disagree about SA though....not on all points though. I think he had good intentions, but then decided to sit on the fence and let other people make decisions that had a significant adverse impact on the club. The stubborn bit then came into play when he had to be seen backing his horses, particularly Doug Henderson. I have heard that he is looking at a way of gifting shares to the fans but there are obstacles in the way. Hopefully it will all come out shortly.

as per the South Stand you have a point....but without SA’s cash there would be no stand. Even a millionaire doesn’t spend around £1.2 million without some payback. 

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can you honestly blame folk though? I, like many others on here, have been home and away and travelled all over the country following Falkirk - my commitment to the club is not in question. But people have continuously poured their money into the club as we have been promised jam tomorrow by the custodians of the club - it's always *this* time they are going to fix it, or have a holistic review, or a rigorous process - but all we've seen is failure after failure after failure after failure for over a decade, culminating in the total collapse we saw this season in the *third tier*.  They show no signs of learning their lessons either, which makes it even harder to take. Nearly everything about the club I love disgusts me at the moment. I don't think you can have a go at people for how feeling that way.

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

This is where you would have hoped the Rawlins would have stepped in. It’s the biggest appointment any club makes yet they seem to be happy leaving it to Gary Deans. 

If you think Gary Dean's or any previous chairman has any decision or serious influence since Ritchie then ok.

All of them have been puppets, Dean's may have been more vocal and producing key words better than previous but you can't see his strings. The chairmen/women have been there to take the shit our MSG have put them in due to their decision making not the chairpersons.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think fans are quite right to complain at the bod for screwing up the rice approach and then a day or so later deciding that someone with a completely different record in management to rice is suddenly the right man for the job.  This bod need to go. They are clueless and the sooner Rawlins realises that and gets them to feck the better.

There’s not an ounce of fact in this whole post. How was the Rice approach screwed up? Have you been involved in the discussions at club level? If not you’re basically posting rant after rant of absolute crap. Who got the Rawlins to invest in the first place? I think you need to consider that the dual managers were well backed, they managed to get Blair Alston in league one. The failings of the managers are the reason we are stuck in league one now

9 minutes ago, Shabba said:

There’s not an ounce of fact in this whole post. How was the Rice approach screwed up? Have you been involved in the discussions at club level? If not you’re basically posting rant after rant of absolute crap. Who got the Rawlins to invest in the first place? I think you need to consider that the dual managers were well backed, they managed to get Blair Alston in league one. The failings of the managers are the reason we are stuck in league one now

Board member alert.😂😂😂

Yeah sure I just spout the first thing that comes into my head.   I spend all day making stories up so I can look big on an internet forum. Jesus wept.

24 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Pretty much my thoughts. I think you are spot on with MR. 

I would tend to disagree about SA though....not on all points though. I think he had good intentions, but then decided to sit on the fence and let other people make decisions that had a significant adverse impact on the club. The stubborn bit then came into play when he had to be seen backing his horses, particularly Doug Henderson. I have heard that he is looking at a way of gifting shares to the fans but there are obstacles in the way. Hopefully it will all come out shortly.

as per the South Stand you have a point....but without SA’s cash there would be no stand. Even a millionaire doesn’t spend around £1.2 million without some payback. 

I reckon that final point is debatable if you are a genuine fan with millions in the bank - never quite understood why a major shareholder like him never sat in the place of decision making 

Wait a minute. How did they screw up the Rice approach? They’ve asked his current employer to speak to him, which is exactly what they should do. Rice may well have applied so nothing was done wrong.

Just now, Shabba said:

Anyone who doesn’t agree with you is a board member? 

You were telling me that what I was writing was a load of crap. I can only think that a board member would want it treated as a falsehood. Otherwise your just making comments on things you know absolutely nothing about which would just be ludicrous. 

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Wait a minute. How did they screw up the Rice approach? They’ve asked his current employer to speak to him, which is exactly what they should do. Rice may well have applied so nothing was done wrong.

Ive already said how they fecked it up about 5 pages back. I'm not going to go over it again. Let's say our current bod are as clueless as Campbell and Lang when it comes to trying to get managers. What a shambles.

Ive already said how they fecked it up about 5 pages back. I'm not going to go over it again. Let's say our current bod are as clueless as Campbell and Lang when it comes to trying to get managers. What a shambles.

I’m not saying they’re not, but you’ve decided they’ve made a mess of it with no actual evidence other than your own thoughts.

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ok Shadwell, explain to me how they 'screwed up' the Rice approach and then decided that Sheerin is 'suddenly the right man for the job'. 

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You were telling me that what I was writing was a load of crap. I can only think that a board member would want it treated as a falsehood. Otherwise your just making comments on things you know absolutely nothing about which would just be ludicrous. 

f**k me, irony alert.