The Falkirk FC Thread

Sheerin a guy that got sacked by Arbroath 7 years ago and hasn't had a sniff of a managers job since.  Is that really the best we can feckin do. Honestly no surprise that Holt got the dof job if these are the kind of folk that we think are the best we can get. Sooner the bod get to feck the better. Their destroying this club bit by bit.

25 minutes ago, kiddy said:

As uninspiring as Jim Jeffries appointment was?🤷‍♂️

Jeffries had at least done a really good job at Berwick. This guy was hopeless at his previous club. How can we go from wanting a manager at a a side just coming down from the top flight to a boy who hasn't managed to get a managerial post in 7 years FFS.

20 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Agreed. The main problem is the last three managerial appointments have been absolute car crashes leaving me with little faith in the club to call this one right.

100 applications carrying out due diligence and drawing up a short list. Must be a short lit then ! - zero -

That's why they asked to speak to Rice.

Once again we f***ked up.  Whoever gets the job from a now revised short list will be in no doubt they are very much the 2nd choice.

That will be in the background of their mind and we will be looking for a new manager by the end of the season if not before.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Do any of us honestly expect them to deliver us a decent manager/coach.

No your right but this is plumbing new depths even for us. We'd be better off with this boy.

download.jpeg-7.jpg

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Sheerin has come out of left field but maybe wouldn't be the worst choice.

Hear me out...

McInnes took him to Aberdeen in 2014.  Since then he's been in charge of their under 20s - won the development league in his first season and made the youth cup final in 2018.  

Hardly pep levels of success but assuming he's a good coach (certainly trusted by McInnes) then he fits the 'head coach' remit.  You'd like to think he'd know all about the talent in the development league and so maybe good for some decent loans.  

Looks increasingly unlikely there'll be an exciting left field candidate so after we've looked into dross like McCann and Rice, this might not be the worst option.  Don't get me wrong, I'd still far rather have someone who'd bring a bit of excitement but we seem to be scraping the barrel here so trying to look at the positives.

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Hear me out...

McInnes took him to Aberdeen in 2014.  Since then he's been in charge of their under 20s - won the development league in his first season and made the youth cup final in 2018.  

Hardly pep levels of success but assuming he's a good coach (certainly trusted by McInnes) then he fits the 'head coach' remit.  You'd like to think he'd know all about the talent in the development league and so maybe good for some decent loans.  

Looks increasingly unlikely there'll be an exciting left field candidate so after we've looked into dross like McCann and Rice, this might not be the worst option.  Don't get me wrong, I'd still far rather have someone who'd bring a bit of excitement but we seem to be scraping the barrel here so trying to look at the positives.

We're through the bottom of the barrell and scraping the concrete below with appointments like this.

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Hear me out...

I was just about to post something similar, his last management stint was right at the end of his playing career, since then he's gained coaching experience under a reasonably successful management team, managed their under 20s team and was interim boss for a couple of games.

Don't think it's inspiring or anything but it does seem to fit that head coach remit.

100 applications carrying out due diligence and drawing up a short list. Must be a short lit then ! - zero -
That's why they asked to speak to Rice.
Once again we f***ked up.  Whoever gets the job from a now revised short list will be in no doubt they are very much the 2nd choice.
That will be in the background of their mind and we will be looking for a new manager by the end of the season if not before.

3rd behind McCann and Rice surely?

Sod it, might as well give Sheerin a shot, it isn't like our goals are achievable anyway (building a successful team, in just over 2 months, from an utter carcass of a club while being answerable to Gary fucking Holt).

Whoever gets the jobs needs a minimum of 18 months before being judged, such is the rancid state of us.

On 05/05/2021 at 14:49, Darkness78 said:

What about Tam Courts or Paul Sheerin?

Both relatively young with previous successes as managers at Kelty and Arbroath, and currently top tier with Dundee United and Aberdeen

I first suggested Paul Sheerin as a possible candidate back on 5th May, along with Tam Courts.

I think either would be decent appointments for Falkirk with good contacts in the Premiership youth setups which could bring in hungry young players instead of the journey men that Falkirk have failed with in the recent past

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

You’re entitled to your opinion and evidently nothing I say will change that, but I disagree on so many levels. It tells you everything you need to know about Alexander and Ritchie that they continue to stink the place out despite knowing how large sections of the fanbase feel about them. Stubborn, arrogant old men who show the fans nothing but contempt. They have monumentally failed this Club and will continue to do so until they relinquish their power and fu*k off.

Not convinced either are supporters. I’ve heard from various people that Ritchie isn’t a football man, you can tell that just by looking at him to be honest. As much as Alexander claims to be one, he could’ve changed our fortunes at any point over the last few years. “Why should he?” people ask. Well simply put, he’s a multi-millionaire...that’s what I’d expect of a “superfan” with that sort of wealth let alone a majority shareholder. He’d rather charge the Club rent for the South Stand and over inflated interest rates on soft loans though. Can’t provide proof, but that’s information I’ve gathered over the years from people I trust. 

If neither of them have any interest in investing in the Club any further, sell their shares, piss off to their holiday homes and allow real Falkirk men to take the Club forward. They won’t do that though, instead they’ll continue to stick two fingers up at those pesky fans who dare to question their leadership. They have repeatedly knocked back investment opportunities from fans and less than two years ago entertained Mark Campbell for 14 weeks whilst rejecting the fan ownership proposal from Back the Bairns. Was that in the Clubs best interests? Utterly shameful stuff. 

Fast forward to now - different Chairman and different Board members, but still the same old problems. Self-interest at the forefront of everything they do. It’s not my place to elaborate any further but I hope their actions are exposed very soon.

You are correct - I believe that Ritchie is a good guy and remains a supporter but is no longer prepared to bust a gut for the club . I suspect Alexander is similar- The problem is that they are competing against club owners who live and breathe their club. 
They would have sold their shares long ago but nobody is prepared to buy- “who would”  it’s money down the drain almost to be guaranteed. Appointing a bunch of accountants/ consultants  to run the club is an understandable but underwhelming move that can only lead to one thing - boring boring football in the style of those appointed. No surprise here accountants are not leaders by nature - they  sure they will talk a good game keep the books right and I’m sure genuinely want us to do well - but without a driven leader who’s committed and has his own cash in the game we cannot compete. George Fulton was a bampot and a disaster in many ways but oh what I’d give for the excitement of his tenure if we could just miss out the going bust bit.So sadly I don’t think it matters a jot who the manager is we are destined to be pish until our ageing benefactors snuff it. Sad but unfortunately true. 

12 minutes ago, Darkness78 said:

I first suggested Paul Sheerin as a possible candidate back on 5th May, along with Tam Courts.

I think either would be decent appointments for Falkirk with good contacts in the Premiership youth setups which could bring in hungry young players instead of the journey men that Falkirk have failed with in the recent past

I’m all for Tam Courts. The pies would be fucking brilliant and who doesn’t love a trip to Burntisland in the summer !!

8231E9B9-633E-4E57-B8B6-6407C136D99D.jpeg

37 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I was just about to post something similar, his last management stint was right at the end of his playing career, since then he's gained coaching experience under a reasonably successful management team, managed their under 20s team and was interim boss for a couple of games.

Don't think it's inspiring or anything but it does seem to fit that head coach remit.

There'll be noone in the ground to judge then anyway if this is the level of appointment we're looking at.  A lot of people's season ticket money will be staying firmly within their pockets  if they appoint someone like this.