The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh but that’s the problem. We tell our story, the board stay silent and people will say well there must be 2 sides to the story. Wouldn’t matter what we say either or how much evidence we produce, there will still be plenty of discerners so just makes you think what is the point bothering if it’s just going to cause you more stress.

Credit to you for being upfront about your frustrations.

In principle, I would think most fans will be supportive especially as I, for one, now realise what it’s about.

2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

More and more people are finally starting to see the Board for what they are. Agenda driven ars*holes with no interest in what’s best for the Club.

With the MSG in charge we were within 1 game of a scottish cup win (twice) and going up to the premiership also with them in charge the last few years have been a disaster as bad as anything we've ever had. Apart from anger at the way things have went have you any proof or reason why the board have no interest in what's best for the club? MR and SA are supporters so why would they want the club to do badly? Surely the board and hangers on we keep hearing about would rather swan about at away games v celtic/rangers/hearts/Aberdeen etc than forfar/Montrose etc and would rather have the sky cameras covering games at the stadium with the big teams and players. 

I'd say (and this is opinion only as I don't know any of them) the people in charge want us to do brilliant and be successful, bad judgement and incompetence play a part rather than having no interest in what's best for the club. 

I apologise in advance for the unpopular opinion, lol.

The fact is we’ve had a string of Chairmen with little or no financial investment in the club. Decisions made by these people have little to no impact on them personally. A club like Falkirk needs a Chairman who’s invested in the club. That’s why clubs like St Johnstone are more successful.

11 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

With the MSG in charge we were within 1 game of a scottish cup win (twice) and going up to the premiership also with them in charge the last few years have been a disaster as bad as anything we've ever had. Apart from anger at the way things have went have you any proof or reason why the board have no interest in what's best for the club? MR and SA are supporters so why would they want the club to do badly? Surely the board and hangers on we keep hearing about would rather swan about at away games v celtic/rangers/hearts/Aberdeen etc than forfar/Montrose etc and would rather have the sky cameras covering games at the stadium with the big teams and players. 

I'd say (and this is opinion only as I don't know any of them) the people in charge want us to do brilliant and be successful, bad judgement and incompetence play a part rather than having no interest in what's best for the club. 

They probably would rather swan about in the top leagues but unfortunately to get there requires a great degree of competency. 

14 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

A disaster the last few years is putting it lightly and it's been bad decision on bad decision before the league drop. Not so long ago we were sitting on a cash reserve from the Kingsley money but we pissed a lot of it away challenging Hearts and Rangers, also 200,000+ over the Ray episode.

I can only guess they want to fix the mess and are pig headed to give up but it's became reminiscent of the Father Ted episode with the slight dent in the car. The Airdrie hoodoo is perhaps payback for how they saved our last near league one relegation, again more decisions back then giving Totten kindergarten and month to month contracts for the rest of his squad, the well ran dry with Houston also 

I'd hoped the Rawlins would have a clean sweep but nothing seems to have changed so far, one has to hope it happens sooner than later.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

55 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

They probably would rather swan about in the top leagues but unfortunately to get there requires a great degree of competency. 

That's what the guy's saying to be fair.

I completely understand why folk feel the way they do at the moment (me included) but to suggest that the BOD don't want the club to do well is just daft. I have no knowledge at all of the workings of the board, or who they do or don't answer to, but I'm pretty sure that SA and MR didn't invest expecting to make a profit, or at least not a substantial one. There are folk on here who I'm sure will have more inside information than me but there are a fair few who I feel have an axe to grind or, in some cases, are just trolling and trying to piss everyone off.

Can anyone comment on whether SA or MR (or others) have put money in expecting no return to pay for certain expenses? Things like the McKinnon debacle or paying players, managers etc off?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

That's what the guy's saying to be fair.

I completely understand why folk feel the way they do at the moment (me included) but to suggest that the BOD don't want the club to do well is just daft. I have no knowledge at all of the workings of the board, or who they do or don't answer to, but I'm pretty sure that SA and MR didn't invest expecting to make a profit, or at least not a substantial one. There are folk on here who I'm sure will have more inside information than me but there are a fair few who I feel have an axe to grind or, in some cases, are just trolling and trying to piss everyone off.

Can anyone comment on whether SA or MR (or others) have put money in expecting no return to pay for certain expenses? Things like the McKinnon debacle or paying players, managers etc off?

I don’t think anyone has ever suggested that they wouldn’t want the club to do well.

The point is that our current board is failing and in from my experiences I think there has to be a big change for us to move forward. That may make me someone with an axe to grind in your book but the only way to avoid that label is by saying nothing negative against the club. I’ve done that for over a year though so not going to continue although I’m still fair enough to give credit where it’s due. There’s just not a lot to go round at the moment! 

17 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’ll back whoever the  new manager is. Some will be happy with the appointment and some won’t be and that’s just football. It doesn’t matter what they’ve done at previous clubs it’s what they do as ours that counts. 

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Paul Sheerin 🙄

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

As uninspiring as Jim Jeffries appointment was?🤷‍♂️

To be fair, I have absolutely no idea what the feeling was prior to his appointment, I was still living rent free in my dads baws.

If Rice and Grant are bad appointments because they have been relegated, Sheerins isn't much better. His last stint oversaw a Arbroath relegation.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

You’re entitled to your opinion and evidently nothing I say will change that, but I disagree on so many levels. It tells you everything you need to know about Alexander and Ritchie that they continue to stink the place out despite knowing how large sections of the fanbase feel about them. Stubborn, arrogant old men who show the fans nothing but contempt. They have monumentally failed this Club and will continue to do so until they relinquish their power and fu*k off.

Not convinced either are supporters. I’ve heard from various people that Ritchie isn’t a football man, you can tell that just by looking at him to be honest. As much as Alexander claims to be one, he could’ve changed our fortunes at any point over the last few years. “Why should he?” people ask. Well simply put, he’s a multi-millionaire...that’s what I’d expect of a “superfan” with that sort of wealth let alone a majority shareholder. He’d rather charge the Club rent for the South Stand and over inflated interest rates on soft loans though. Can’t provide proof, but that’s information I’ve gathered over the years from people I trust. 

If neither of them have any interest in investing in the Club any further, sell their shares, piss off to their holiday homes and allow real Falkirk men to take the Club forward. They won’t do that though, instead they’ll continue to stick two fingers up at those pesky fans who dare to question their leadership. They have repeatedly knocked back investment opportunities from fans and less than two years ago entertained Mark Campbell for 14 weeks whilst rejecting the fan ownership proposal from Back the Bairns. Was that in the Clubs best interests? Utterly shameful stuff. 

Fast forward to now - different Chairman and different Board members, but still the same old problems. Self-interest at the forefront of everything they do. It’s not my place to elaborate any further but I hope their actions are exposed very soon.

Edited by MSG GTF!

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't know enough about Sheerin to comment either way. I honestly don't think at the level we are currently playing we are going to get a manager that makes us all happy.

Agreed. The main problem is the last three managerial appointments have been absolute car crashes leaving me with little faith in the club to call this one right.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don't know enough about Sheerin to comment either way. I honestly don't think at the level we are currently playing we are going to get a manager that makes us all happy.

This is where you would have hoped the Rawlins would have stepped in. It’s the biggest appointment any club makes yet they seem to be happy leaving it to Gary Deans. 

5 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

This is where you would have hoped the Rawlins would have stepped in. It’s the biggest appointment any club makes yet they seem to be happy leaving it to Gary Deans. 

Unfortunately I think they have put their trust in Deans and in turn Holt to make the appointment 🙄