The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Anyone know what Edinburgh city’s budget is? Would take Naysmith at Falkirk but waiting to be told they had by far the 2nd biggest budget in the league and he’s under achieved or something. 

Not to be cynical, but his record at East Fife  (37.9%) and QoS (35%) was terrible, and he's been at Edinburgh City for all of about 20 games...which means he was in no way involved in selecting the players, which is maybe  a plus working with Holt, but... 

29 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Scottish Football Clubs and their managers - to me, to you, to me to you, backwards and forwards.

Please Falkirk, get somebody different this time, somebody to excite the fanbase.To Me... To you - The Chuckle Brothers - Sticker | TeePublic

Both of those things could probably be used to describe the appointment of Miller and McCracken tbf

15 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t really want to go in to detailed issues with the CI however it would be fair to say relationships with us and the board are not as they would portray in their statement. The Rawlins have been a part of it but they may have been getting fed misinformation from certain members of the board.

We’ve had a couple of strong emails that have left us gobsmacked and clueless as to what has driven them. Just a few weeks ago too there was a board decision, led by the chairman, which was completely unjust and quite frankly childish and bullish in its nature. Not the behaviour we’d expect from a board of directors. We’ve sought answers but no proper explanation has been received.  The only thing left would be to go public with it all but to be honest I’m not sure if it’s worth the fight. We’ve kept our dealings private and I haven’t said anything against the club the whole time until recently. 

The problem is that it wouldn’t matter what we say, it will quickly dissipate and just be put down to one of those things like the many other incidents. The board play this to their advantage as the reality is that most people just don’t care about the governance of the club. 

One thing is, when you start dealing with the club you begin to realise why we are where we are! If the Rawlins don’t turn it around and reshape the board then they are just as culpable.

A PR open goal with a tap in from two feet...only to be blootered a la Marcus Haber to hit the Imperial Car sign.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Both of those things could probably be used to describe the appointment of Miller and McCracken tbf

Yes, I see where you're coming from but what I really am hoping for is somebody from outside Scottish Football, either somebody who is away from the Scottish scene at the moment or somebody with no ties at all to Scottish Football.

13 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yes, I see where you're coming from but what I really am hoping for is somebody from outside Scottish Football, either somebody who is away from the Scottish scene at the moment or somebody with no ties at all to Scottish Football.

Would have thought The Rawlins with their extensive football contacts and intentions would have someone “out of the box” lined up....rather than the same old.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Really? I honestly couldn’t think of one single thing that was exciting about that pair, and that’s not with the benefit of hindsight either.

1 minute ago, MSG GTF! said:

Really? I honestly couldn’t think of one single thing that was exciting about that pair, and that’s not with the benefit of hindsight either.

But can you say the same for all of our fans. There were fans on that daft FB group not wanting them sacked!

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

A PR open goal with a tap in from two feet...only to be blootered a la Marcus Haber to hit the Imperial Car sign.

I honestly don't remember Marcus Haber ever having at effort at goal!

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

But can you say the same for all of our fans. There were fans on that daft FB group not wanting them sacked!

Aye you’re right about that. There was no getting through to the Falkirk maws and the weird middle-aged men who fawned over “big sexy Lee” for a few social media likes. The Falkirk fans I know though couldn’t stand Miller, myself included.

1 minute ago, MSG GTF! said:

Aye you’re right about that. There was no getting through to the Falkirk maws and the weird middle-aged men who fawned over “big sexy Lee” for a few social media likes. The Falkirk fans I know though couldn’t stand Miller, myself included.

Letting our board loose with a remit of "do something that's popular with the fans" is as close as you can get to a guaranteed catastrophe. 

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This CI business (at last I understand) certainly, from a PR perspective, doesn’t look good, but, as in most things in life, there will be two sides to the story.

Would just love to know what’s going on in order to make a judgement.

Yeh but that’s the problem. We tell our story, the board stay silent and people will say well there must be 2 sides to the story. Wouldn’t matter what we say either or how much evidence we produce, there will still be plenty of discerners so just makes you think what is the point bothering if it’s just going to cause you more stress.

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh but that’s the problem. We tell our story, the board stay silent and people will say well there must be 2 sides to the story. Wouldn’t matter what we say either or how much evidence we produce, there will still be plenty of discerners so just makes you think what is the point bothering if it’s just going to cause you more stress.

More and more people are finally starting to see the Board for what they are. Agenda driven ars*holes with no interest in what’s best for the Club.