The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think Rice will come. I think he might do a bit of soul searching but at the end of the day Accies stood by him with his gambling issues, he's on record as saying he owes a debt of gratitude to them. That and the fact he's got a lot of young players coming through into that team. They have a decent chance of going back up. He seems quite a down to earth bloke and he's probably no chance of getting sacked at Hamilton anytime soon. Unless he makes a right c**t of things. We on the other hand are a complete basket case. 

29 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think Rice will come. I think he might do a bit of soul searching but at the end of the day Accies stood by him with his gambling issues, he's on record as saying he owes a debt of gratitude to them. That and the fact he's got a lot of young players coming through into that team. They have a decent chance of going back up. He seems quite a down to earth bloke and he's probably no chance of getting sacked at Hamilton anytime soon. Unless he makes a right c**t of things. We on the other hand are a complete basket case. 

Tbh, we are an incomplete basket case. So many bits missing, but yes, what is there is absolutely basket case material. They just lurch from one mess to another.

You would think they’d need every friend they could get, but no. Keep the Rawlins sweet, then you can even try to stitch up members of your own support with no comeback.

No matter how cynical I get, I just can’t keep up with this mob.

37 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

They must have sounded him out though or they wouldn't be going to all this bother. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Do whatever you are comfortable with, not because some folk want drama to pass the day on a football forum.

Ridiculous comment. Some folk just want to see those in power at the Club held accountable for their actions. 

2 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Matthew Aitken is 23 years old and never played in the championship. He has been previously with forfar and Elgin after being released by St Johnstone as a kid. 12 goals in 22 games last season

don't know where the championship haddie comes from. I'd say he was someone who is on the up with something to prove

He is a barber here in Auchterarder. 

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

Ridiculous comment. Some folk just want to see those in power at the Club held accountable for their actions. 

Absolutely, but it doesn't mean an individual needs to be pressurised into being a martyr on P&B

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tbh, we are an incomplete basket case. So many bits missing, but yes, what is there is absolutely basket case material. They just lurch from one mess to another.

You would think they’d need every friend they could get, but no. Keep the Rawlins sweet, then you can even try to stitch up members of your own support with no comeback.

No matter how cynical I get, I just can’t keep up with this mob.

Talking about the Rawlins. Anybody heard from them ? Nope me neither.

FFC are a line on a balance sheet covering various financial investments and will have been delegated to a member of staff or an associated company.

FFC will be discussed in a weekly zoom call and that's our lot.

We are kidding ourselves if we think they are involved day to day.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Absolutely, but it doesn't mean an individual needs to be pressurised into being a martyr on P&B

Don’t see anyone pressurising the guy, it certainly wasn’t my intention. To claim some folk only want to see some drama to pass the time is well wide of the mark.

10 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Don’t see anyone pressurising the guy, it certainly wasn’t my intention. To claim some folk only want to see some drama to pass the time is well wide of the mark.

Some do. Not saying you're one of them.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

FFC are a line on a balance sheet covering various financial investments and will have been delegated to a member of staff or an associated company.

Certainly not what I've heard anyway.

Guest Ecosse83
30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

any substance to that or is it just made up?

42 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I think they are more involved than you think.....which is a big worry !

3 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Matthew Aitken is 23 years old and never played in the championship. He has been previously with forfar and Elgin after being released by St Johnstone as a kid. 12 goals in 22 games last season

don't know where the championship haddie comes from. I'd say he was someone who is on the up with something to prove

Sorry you've misunderstood me there. I meant I'd rather see us go for an Aitken than a championship haddy who's looking for his last paycheck.

9 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

The man had an illness ffs and has done very well to turn that around. I've been affected by the same thing he did and if you don't give somebody the chance and support to turn it around then your not really worth working for. Credit to Hamilton for giving him that support. If Rice happened to apply for the role and if he got interviewed, his past problems would not even be up for discussion.

Looks like you still have the same gambling issues

I’ll back whoever the  new manager is. Some will be happy with the appointment and some won’t be and that’s just football. It doesn’t matter what they’ve done at previous clubs it’s what they do as ours that counts. Look at Hartley for example. Perfect appointment at the time and ended up being the imperfect manager. 

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They must have sounded him out though or they wouldn't be going to all this bother. 

The key word being "bother" we will no doubt find out in the coming days. It'll be bad "bother" for us there's an excellent chance of it.  I just have a horrible feeling you'll see Jim McIntyre holding aloft a Falkirk scarf by this time next week. 

Guest Ecosse83
12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The key word being "bother" we will no doubt find out in the coming days. It'll be bad "bother" for us there's an excellent chance of it.  I just have a horrible feeling you'll see Jim McIntyre holding aloft a Falkirk scarf by this time next week. 

He will be on the shortlist for sure!