The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

See previous league winning managers for this division - John McGlynn, Dick Campbell, Jim Duffy. Being bald and having at least a working knowledge of the standard of player required to win League One is 90% of the battle. 

I'd take Dick Campbell any day to get us out of this league.

29 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t really want to go in to detailed issues with the CI however it would be fair to say relationships with us and the board are not as they would portray in their statement. The Rawlins have been a part of it but they may have been getting fed misinformation from certain members of the board.

We’ve had a couple of strong emails that have left us gobsmacked and clueless as to what has driven them. Just a few weeks ago too there was a board decision, led by the chairman, which was completely unjust and quite frankly childish and bullish in its nature. Not the behaviour we’d expect from a board of directors. We’ve sought answers but no proper explanation has been received.  The only thing left would be to go public with it all but to be honest I’m not sure if it’s worth the fight. We’ve kept our dealings private and I haven’t said anything against the club the whole time until recently. 

The problem is that it wouldn’t matter what we say, it will quickly dissipate and just be put down to one of those things like the many other incidents. The board play this to their advantage as the reality is that most people just don’t care about the governance of the club. 

One thing is, when you start dealing with the club you begin to realise why we are where we are! If the Rawlins don’t turn it around and reshape the board then they are just as culpable.

So, who are ‘we’?

Im assuming you’re part of the group who are wanting a stake in the club.

You've kind of gone so far that you might as well ‘spill the beans’

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So, who are ‘we’?

Im assuming you’re part of the group who are wanting a stake in the club.

You've kind of gone so far that you might as well ‘spill the beans’

I think it's pretty obvious it's one of the CI guys !   No where does he say that he wants a stake in the club. In fact, if you know anything about the CI .... it's nowt to do with club governance

McCall said in a new interview that Williamson left after signing a PCA. He added we could have tried to get him out of it but they opted not to. 
Looks like you can expect him to be announced soon then.

36 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

We’ve had a couple of strong emails that have left us gobsmacked and clueless as to what has driven them. Just a few weeks ago too there was a board decision, led by the chairman, which was completely unjust and quite frankly childish and bullish in its nature. Not the behaviour we’d expect from a board of directors. We’ve sought answers but no proper explanation has been received.  The only thing left would be to go public with it all but to be honest I’m not sure if it’s worth the fight. We’ve kept our dealings private and I haven’t said anything against the club the whole time until recently. 

You guys absolutely need to go public. For far too long, those “leading” the Club have gotten away with murder, which is why the wider fanbase never get to hear about what’s really going on behind the scenes. The place is riddled with self-important incompetents who are driven purely by self-interest. They must be outed.

7 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Lucky escape, has to be worrying that Neil McCann and Brian Rice have been your top choices, and then you've managed to get neither.

Christ knows what's below them on that list.

Interested to know if Rice applied, or if we are chucking 100+ applications in the bin to go for someone who didn't apply? Not a criticism either way if they think he's the best person for the job btw, just interested.

This is exactly what I’d like to know. You’ve got to think he applied, otherwise why would we waste time on someone that would likely reject us

5 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

You guys absolutely need to go public. For far too long, those “leading” the Club have gotten away with murder, which is why the wider fanbase never get to hear about what’s really going on behind the scenes. The place is riddled with self-important incompetents who are driven purely by self-interest. They must be outed.

I completely agree with this. Too many fans are giving them a free ride as we have no knowledge of just what is going on at the club.  

I thought they'd sorted out a shortlist already.  All very amateurish as per normal. Christ we're they actually thinking about paying comp for Rice? There must be better than him out there if we've got cash to get someone out a contract.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Rocco said:

This is exactly what I’d like to know. You’ve got to think he applied, otherwise why would we waste time on someone that would likely reject us

I don’t think Rice will have to applied for the job for them to know if he is interested or not!

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

How do you know he is likely to reject us? Hamilton have turned down the offer, not Rice.

Easy for me to sit here and say this but aye, if the board are being arsey with the CI folks, they absolutely should make it visible to the fans.

Our board have absolutely lost the run of themselves in recent years and they ought not to be allowed to carry on like they do under the protection of respect and privacy that they afford to no one else, not least the paying customers.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You'd think rice would have sorted his end out first though. Jesus wept what a shambles.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Easy for me to sit here and say this but aye, if the board are being arsey with the CI folks, they absolutely should make it visible to the fans.

Our board have absolutely lost the run of themselves in recent years and they ought not to be allowed to carry on like they do under the protection of respect and privacy that they afford to no one else, not least the paying customers.

We will need to discuss further. The main point of contention  is with regards to myself so I need to weigh up the potential reaction to that too and how it may affect me. We are together on this though and will take in to account what is said on here as to the next step but if anything is said it will most likely be to the members of our FB group. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

130 applicants and Brian Rice is the front runner. OYF 😂 Liquidate the club and put us out of our misery.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

So after the club statement last week I'm guessing he must have applied and he's made the shortlist for interview so that's why we've now had to ask Hamilton? I think that's the only sensible way.
I don't think his time at Hamilton has me convinced he's the boss for us, particularly when we have no youth players to bring through.