The Falkirk FC Thread

Rawlins - discuss !

I am totally underwhelmed by their presence. Promised us the Earth and delivered another year in Div 3. 

They, along with the rest of the Board, have been noticably quiet since the Airdrie match. 

Wait a minute..... I see we have employed someone new in retail !!!!   Things are moving in the right direction :)

Edited by Zbairn
spelling mistake

35 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

jees. appreciate it's only a couple of accies posters but I thought they held rice  in higher esteem. 

having said that hes just taken them down a league so am guessing it's not surprising they wouldnt be positive. 

I thought he played a decent brand of football and was good at motivating and promoting youth. 

just shows how difficult a decision it is to pick a manager, especially when you are rummaging around in the 3rd tier

They've been destroying him all season for the criticisms highlighted in those quotes.

Bizarre substitutions and team selections/tactics seem high on the list.

Rawlins - discuss !
I am totally underwhelmed by their presence. Promised us the Earth and delivered another year in Div 3. 
They, along with the rest of the Board, have been noticably quiet since the Airdrie match. 
Wait a minute..... I see we have employed someone new in retail !!!!   Things are moving in the right direction [emoji4]

I’m not sure what people expect the Rawlins to do? They only came into position in January, they don’t hold the majority shareholding and they’re based in America and unable to come over at the moment. Yes, as a fan base we want them to be our knights in shining armour, but I don’t think judging them on a 4 month stint is really fair either.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m not sure what people expect the Rawlins to do? They only came into position in January, they don’t hold the majority shareholding and they’re based in America and unable to come over at the moment. Yes, as a fan base we want them to be our knights in shining armour, but I don’t think judging them on a 4 month stint is really fair either.

From what I have heard, they are in constant contact with the club and have been making all the major decisions since they were appointed to the Board.  They have a shareholding of around 24% (26%?) and had the option to increase that to over 40% which they haven't taken.  With MR and SA sitting on the sidelines, they have a greater influence than their shareholding would suggest. 

I also heard a rumour that some of the issues with the "Crunchie Initiative" has been due to decisions made by the Rawlins.

Guest Peter LaFleur
10 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

From what I have heard, they are in constant contact with the club and have been making all the major decisions since they were appointed to the Board.  They have a shareholding of around 24% (26%?) and had the option to increase that to over 40% which they haven't taken.  With MR and SA sitting on the sidelines, they have a greater influence than their shareholding would suggest. 

I also heard a rumour that some of the issues with the "Crunchie Initiative" has been due to decisions made by the Rawlins.

You're hearing a lot but until facts are out there I don't think its fair to judge the Rawlins on one poster's rumours (who is also new to here). I'd gamble that 75% of your 8 posts are anti-board into the bargain and that you are here solely to peddle your agenda. I'm all for bashing the BoD but it's laughable to give Rawlins it tight already.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

You're hearing a lot but until facts are out there I don't think its fair to judge the Rawlins on one poster's (who is also new to here)  rumours. I'd gamble that 75% of your 8 posts you have made are anti-board into the bargain. I'm all for bashing the BoD but it's laughable to give Rawlins it tight already.

If "anti-board" is what I am tagged with, I'll accept that. 

Between previous incumbents and the current ones, the decisions made have cost us cash left right and centre, given us PR headaches, as well as leaving us languishing in the 3rd Tier of Scottish Football.  As a shareholder, I have seen first hand some of the abysmall decisions that have financially cost us quite a bit of money. 

Unfortunately no one on this site will admit to their contacts etc (apart from CC25 , who is now posted missing).  It's up to you and others who to believe when posts are put on here as "rumours" or "I have heard...".  It's pretty easy to tell the sycophants from those who perhaps have some inkling of what is happening at the club. 

Generally, Duncan Freemason has a good track record and insight into what is happening.  Have a look at some of his posts re the Board !    

On 18/05/2021 at 18:03, Duncan Freemason said:

Whatever it was, it ended up as another mess, so God only knows. Here’s some “straight from the horse’s mouth” inside information from the guy with his finger on the pulse.

“Ooops, I fucked up the script, so I have to delete all traces of it, and if I fail to do that, then I have to delete myself, so cheerio everyone, cheerio.”

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Wonder what happened to him ?  Probably threatened with having to watch the 2020/2021 DVD of our season in its entirety !  

You're talking to yourself Duncan. Never a good look. :)

I think the Rawlins definitely need to be given time to get their feet under the desk properly. Let's face it they haven't been able to get over here due to covid so when they do that will make a  big difference. At the moment all they've been fed is complete tosh by deans and his crew about how everything is hunky dory. They need to see the mess with their own eyes and hear about the issues from people out with Deans's cabal.  I certainly haven't heard anything from the crunchie boys that would point the finger at Rawlins for the issues they have faced.  Local bod members causing all the issues there I think.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the Rawlins definitely need to be good given time to get their feet under the desk properly. Let's face it they haven't been able to get over here due to covid so when they do that will make a  big difference. At the moment all they've been fed is complete tosh by deans and his crew about how everything is hunky dory. They need to see the mess with their own eyes and hear about the issues from people out with Deans's cabal.  I certainly haven't heard anything from the crunchie boys that would point the finger at Rawlins for the issues they have faced.  

I don't doubt that the Rawlins have been fed a load of mis-information and untruths by certain members of the BoD. From my contact with someone I know personally on the CI, that has actually been the case.

However,  I have also heard that the Rawlins have perhaps not been as "supportive" as they initially inidcated to the Group.  The Facebook page belonging to the CI clearly inidcates the issues that have arisen, with the leading CI guy deciding to take a step back. Again, from my contact, this was due to both the Board and the Rawlins.

2 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I don't doubt that the Rawlins have been fed a load of mis-information and untruths by certain members of the BoD. From my contact with someone I know personally on the CI, that has actually been the case.

However,  I have also heard that the Rawlins have perhaps not been as "supportive" as they initially inidcated to the Group.  The Facebook page belonging to the CI clearly inidcates the issues that have arisen, with the leading CI guy deciding to take a step back. Again, from my contact, this was due to both the Board and the Rawlins.

Again they will be going by whatever deans tells them at the moment. He basically did the deal with them so they are bound to be closer to him than anyone else. Until he can get over here and find out the real situation that is always going to be a problem.

55 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

errm... naw !

Although I do know who DF is :) ..... and we are on the same page with respect to the BoD

I know that you know who DF is. Do you think that DF knows that I know that you know who DF is? I think so.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I know that you know who DF is. Do you think that DF knows that I know that you know who DF is? I think so.

lol.... now I am confused.

All I can say is thank f**K I'm not DF. He is one ugly sod !

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again they will be going by whatever deans tells them at the moment. He basically did the deal with them so they are bound to be closer to him than anyone else. Until he can get over here and find out the real situation that is always going to be a problem.

Don't think it's just Deans. I think others are feeding them a load of bullshit as well.  

I have several issues with the Rawlins and a wee bit cynical on what their intentions are.  Having lived through the Fulston and (other) Deans era, that is perhaps not surprising.

However, they are part of the Board that has left us where we are, even if their tenure has been pretty short. They were expounding the virtues of M&M at the start. If they are the "football experts" we believe them to be, they would have seen what we all saw and ousted the Management Team before it actually happened.

I have yet to see anything from them that suggests a change in our fortunes. With them not taking up the additional shareholding, my concern is that they are looking for a way out.

I hope I'm wrong, as we need  the expertise that they initially suggested they were going to bring to the club,  to get us out of this mess !