The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There is that, and to be fair to CC52FFC, some way to go out if thats the case emoji23.png

There were too many specific details for it not to be true. Also a few in the knows on here piped up backing the information when it was posted.

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'd be very happy with Brian Rice.

Having said that I thought Hartley and McKinnon were decent appointments,  so what do I know.

I'd be happy with him, but has he left Hamilton? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

To be perfectly honest if you're too up your own arse to put in an application for the role why should we want you as manager. Hartley was headhunted and never stopped going on about it. Most clubs I imagine will do the same process as i've listed they just won't make it as public as we have. But in our position we're better off making it public as we're so far away from the Motherwell's of this world right now.

Tommy Wright applied for the Motherwell job and they chose Graham Alexander instead as far as i'm aware so they did have an application process. 

I want someone who's hungry to manage our club not someone who has had their arm twisted and isn't fully in it. If that means we get 100+ applications and 90% of them are shite so be it. The other 10% can be the shortlist and we select the best from there.

It said that people had shown interest so not sure if that meant they had a formal application process or they just whittled down a list of who had shown interest? Certainly can’t mind them openly requesting applications like we did but again could be wrong. Would imagine when a job comes up then a lot of people in the football circuit will start making enquiries anyway. 

I get what you mean about wanting someone hungry for it but I don’t think that always aligns that the best man for the job will apply. Thing is too that we had already approached Neil McCann who didn’t apply so again that just shows me we don’t know what we are doing. If Neil McCann was the guy we were hoping to tempt then doesn’t hold my hopes up at who we’ll bring in or who has already applied. 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I'd be happy with him, but has he left Hamilton? 

It was reported that he'd signed a new contract with Hamilton, but then someone on here said the other day that he hadn't signed it.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

There were too many specific details for it not to be true. Also a few in the knows on here piped up backing the information when it was posted.

The fact that it was removed too and then his profile deleted suggests to me someone from the board had been in touch to try minimise the backlash. Too late though. 

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The fact that it was removed too and then his profile deleted suggests to me someone from the board had been in touch to try minimise the backlash. Too late though. 

My thinking also.

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Hasn't Darren Young just signed a 2 year extension last week yet is 2nd favourite? 

It's not unheard of in football for players / managers to sign new contracts even when they're leaving so that the original club can get some compensation.

Not saying that's what happened here, right enough.

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's not unheard of in football for players / managers to sign new contracts even when they're leaving so that the original club can get some compensation.

Not saying that's what happened here, right enough.

If we pay money for Darren Young then we are even more of a joke than I thought. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

It said that people had shown interest so not sure if that meant they had a formal application process or they just whittled down a list of who had shown interest? Certainly can’t mind them openly requesting applications like we did but again could be wrong. Would imagine when a job comes up then a lot of people in the football circuit will start making enquiries anyway. 

I get what you mean about wanting someone hungry for it but I don’t think that always aligns that the best man for the job will apply. Thing is too that we had already approached Neil McCann who didn’t apply so again that just shows me we don’t know what we are doing. If Neil McCann was the guy we were hoping to tempt then doesn’t hold my hopes up at who we’ll bring in or who has already applied. 

How do you know that we'd approached McCann?

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How do you know that we'd approached McCann?

The herald article yesterday basically confirmed it. 

"Former Bairns player Neil McCann was reported to have snubbed an approach from the club in favour of taking up a new job at a football agency and Celtic legend Peter Grant has also been linked with the post, but the club have rubbished those reports, insisting they haven’t offered the job to anyone although they admit having sounded out prospective candidates to help draw up a shortlist from scores of applications."

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-deny-having-been-snubbed-in-hunt-for-manager-as-recruitment-process-continues-3241768

55 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The herald article yesterday basically confirmed it. 

"Former Bairns player Neil McCann was reported to have snubbed an approach from the club in favour of taking up a new job at a football agency and Celtic legend Peter Grant has also been linked with the post, but the club have rubbished those reports, insisting they haven’t offered the job to anyone although they admit having sounded out prospective candidates to help draw up a shortlist from scores of applications."

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-deny-having-been-snubbed-in-hunt-for-manager-as-recruitment-process-continues-3241768

I'm not sure that it does confirm it tbh.

Nothing wrong anyway in sounding out possible targets as well as inviting applications.