The Falkirk FC Thread

If Deans has any sense he'll get on the blower to St. Johnstone and ask them what fee Steve Brown and / or his old man Geoff would charge as a consultant in the process of us hiring a new head coach. They hardly ever seem to put a foot wrong up there.

16 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Couldn’t help but notice this morning that Robbie Fowler is in at 10/1 alongside Stuart Taylor, Stuart Kettlewell and Jum McIntyre for next manager...more chance of Arthur Fowler and he’s been deid for 25 years.

Robbie Fowler was manager for my local team Brisbane Roar until last March.

He did very well transforming a team languishing in the lower reaches into one going for the title. When COVID hit and the league shut down he went back to the UK but couldn't get back when it started again due to the travel ban.

He was on a fair wedge and liked a limo laid on for him with plenty of perks. So he won't be coming to Falkirk.  

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Robbie Fowler was manager for my local team Brisbane Roar until last March.

He was on a fair wedge and liked a limo laid on for him with plenty of perks. So he won't be coming to Falkirk.  

If true (not that I'm doubting you, H v H), what an arrogant, nouveau riche p***k.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

9 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

The fact 9 of our players have already been released shows to me they know that and are hopefully actively trying to fix that this summer. Hopefully more to be announced as released as well from that squad of diddies.

Nesbitt has made a difference since he came on and Jacobs looked good before he went off injured.  We need to sign the right type of players this summer so our recruitment needs to be much better which again I feel the club are aware of or they wouldn't have brought in a director of football. 

Still gagging on a fan presence at boardroom level so hopefully that is getting sorted this summer as well as it's not just the squad that needs changed. 

I don't think they have put out offers to fans on refunds for last season which they are obviously keeping a hold of until some good news story is announced as everything is very much negative to do with us at the moment. 

Hopefully a fairly good managerial appointment is made then a few signings announced to bring on some promise for next season.

I'd pass on Nesbitt. Plays wide right and only used his left leg for standing on. Pass accuracy is poor.  Unless we are selling Morrison, there are more pressing needs

20 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I'd pass on Nesbitt. Plays wide right and only used his left leg for standing on. Pass accuracy is poor.  Unless we are selling Morrison, there are more pressing needs

Could have Morrison wide left. We need 4 wingers as last season showed with Connolly out injured we were scunnered. 

2 Goalkeepers - Mutch and a back up capable of pushing Mutch for his place.

1 Right Back - Hopefully Williamson

4 Centre Backs - Neilson on loan and 3 new players please. 

1 Left Back - Liam Dick

4 Wingers - Morrison, Nesbitt and two others

4 Centre Mids - Jacobs, Hetherington, Telfer and another

4 Strikers - Keena, Dowds and two others

That's a squad of 20 and if there's 6 loans again next season I want us to be making use of them. For example a full back on loan incase Dick or Williamson got injured.

6 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Banta with a trademark cryptic school girl post without any substance to show he’s itk shocker

We all love an in the know spillage but to be fair he shouldn't post more than a teaser until whatever it is has definitely been signed sealed and delivered. 

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If Deans has any sense he'll get on the blower to St. Johnstone and ask them what fee Steve Brown and / or his old man Geoff would charge as a consultant in the process of us hiring a new head coach. They hardly ever seem to put a foot wrong up there.

If he has any sense he'll hand back his blazer and feck off.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

They landed Wright, who was given time and changed the whole club with shrewd signings, loan signings, a respected youth academy, bringing in high value transfer fees and the ability to play formations applicable to their respective opponents.

Like all football managers regardless of club your doing incredible well to get a twoish/threeish year stint. 

When Wright finally chucked it, it’s likely he had his fill of being told he’d need to sell again and to rebuild. (Don’t forget when Davidson came in there was quite a few fans bating for his head after a horrendous first ten or so games) and it required Brown to publicly back Davidson.

For me it’s critical that we try and get an experienced guy who has matching attributes similar to Wright. We can’t have another project and it’s a given that the BOD are very much aware of getting this appointment correct. There is a vigorous selection process and it’s not Holts decision solely to appoint our next coach, contrary to some postings.

They've been doing well for years though and that's long before Wright was appointed. They've had s number of managerial changes but unlike us always seem to make the right decision and the club moves on as if nothing has changed. Recruitment of players and management is first class compared to our shitshow . I've heard whose involved in the new manager selection process and it's enough to give anyone the fear unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

When Wright finally chucked it, it’s likely he had his fill of being told he’d need to sell again and to rebuild. 

Where's this come from?

The turnover of players we had was lower than most clubs, he was never under any pressure to sell, and he was handed one of the largest budgets we've had in the top flight with players like Scougall earning a fortune and us handing out 2/3 year deals.

Genuinely zero idea why you think Saints were constantly selling the squad and rebuilding it during his tenure.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where's this come from?

The turnover of players we had was lower than most clubs, he was never under any pressure to sell, and he was handed one of the largest budgets we've had in the top flight with players like Scougall earning a fortune and us handing out 2/3 year deals.

Genuinely zero idea why you think Saints were constantly selling the squad and rebuilding it during his tenure.

And if so why would he go to Kilmarnock where he'll face exactly the same situation.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If true (not that I'm doubting you, H v H), what an arrogant, nouveau riche p***k.

One of my mates works in the commercial department at Brisbane Roar, they couldn't wait to see the back of him.   

And you're spot on with your description.  

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

We all love an in the know spillage but to be fair he shouldn't post more than a teaser until whatever it is has definitely been signed sealed and delivered. 

Disagree, I want the CCFC machine gun of truth bullets each one better than the last ITK style post! 

I wasted a few hours trawling round every supermarket in Falkirk last night up and down every bloody aisle even the women's hygiene products but must've missed the clubs latest press release. Anyone that got it could they please pass it on?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

58 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

One of my mates works in the commercial department at Brisbane Roar, they couldn't wait to see the back of him.   

And you're spot on with your description.  

Being a bit of a podcast fan myself, I listened to his ‘God pod’ series recently. Might be birthday caird pish but he does seem to be well-thought of in the game and came across down-to-earth.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They've been doing well for years though and that's long before Wright was appointed. They've had s number of managerial changes but unlike us always seem to make the right decision and the club moves on as if nothing has changed. Recruitment of players and management is first class compared to our shitshow . I've heard whose involved in the new manager selection process and it's enough to give anyone the fear unfortunately.

Comes down to Browns benign dictatorship.

Got to hand it to him his stewardship of the club has been extra ordinary. Recruitment has been key to his success at the club.

Guest Caractacus Potts
On 19/05/2021 at 06:33, Bantabairn said:

There is a vigorous selection process and it’s not Holts decision solely to appoint our next coach, contrary to some postings.

I will believe this vigorous selection process when I see it. The statement from the club seemed like a load of PR drivel. Applications from across the globe...are we to be impressed some guy from Australia may have applied? Are they trying to kid on serious contenders from around the world applied!?

All that yet they sound out Neil McCann who never applied and to what end? So they can shortlist him? You just piss people off if you headhunt them without having them in mind as a serious candidate as they tried to infer. 

Also they try to let us know that they have a stringent criteria which included football/management experience that they believe are important to the role. I bloody well hope so. 

The club should have had someone identified for the role weeks/months ago and taken applications on the off chance someone outside their presence of mind would apply. Just feels like they have little idea of what they actually want. 

Where are the Rawlins in this too? I thought they’d have a manager/coach in mind. Their tenure so far has been seriously underwhelming. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I will believe this vigorous selection process when I see it. The statement from the club seemed like a load of PR drivel. Applications from across the globe...are we to be impressed some guy from Australia may have applied? Are they trying to kid on serious contenders from around the world applied!?

All that yet they sound out Neil McCann who never applied and to what end? So they can shortlist him? You just piss people off if you headhunt them without having them in mind as a serious candidate as they tried to infer. 

Also they try to let us know that they have a stringent criteria which included football/management experience that they believe are important to the role. I bloody well hope so. 

The club should have had someone identified for the role weeks/months ago and taken applications on the off chance someone outside their prescience of mind would apply. Just feels like they have little idea of what they actually want. 

Where are the Rawlins in this too? I thought they’d have a manager/coach in mind. Their tenure so far has been seriously underwhelming. 

So you don't think they'll go through a vigorous selection process but you wanted them to have someone identified months ago therefore not going through a vigorous selection process? 

Listen we've had 3/4 shockers of seasons and I'm sure they are well aware we can't afford another one. I agree that sounding out a manager after asking for applications wasn't the brightest move in the world especially with it being leaky lips Mccann. Interviews are hopefully taking place this week and they need to take their time making this decision as it's momentus. 

Big few weeks to come from our club and we better get it right for once. 

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

So you don't think they'll go through a vigorous selection process but you wanted them to have someone identified months ago therefore not going through a vigorous selection process? 

Listen we've had 3/4 shockers of seasons and I'm sure they are well aware we can't afford another one. I agree that sounding out a manager after asking for applications wasn't the brightest move in the world especially with it being leaky lips Mccann. Interviews are hopefully taking place this week and they need to take their time making this decision as it's momentus. 

Big few weeks to come from our club and we better get it right for once. 

I’m suggesting their take on vigorous is very different to mine. To me, the vigorous part should already have been undertaken and happened months ago, identifying managers/coaches that fit the bill. That should have been part of Holts remit.

Having an open application form is not vigorous at all, no matter how you try dress it up. Asking McCann just shows how little effort has went in to finding an option that would be outside the regular applicants and has little faith in those who have applied. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts