The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

We must remember that we are looking for a Head Coach and not a Manager.  The remit of a Head Coach is a lot less than that of a Manager.  Therefore, unless they are desperate for a gig, anyone who was previously a Manager is unlikely to be willing to take a backwards step in their career and take a Head Coaches role. It's more likely that someone who was a hands on assistant manager previously would be a better fit.

Equally, with Dunfermline now looking for a Manager, they will likely be a more attractive proposition than we are purely based on their higher league status and increased television exposure.

As we all know, it’s hardly unique that a Championship side appoint a manager/coach who is utter dugshite compared to a manager/coach in L1. If anyone knows it, we do.

Admittedly, not only are we L1, but we can have precious little confidence in the people involved in the selection process. Of the people involved on this side of the pond, not one of them can point to any track record of having either done it before, or having done it successfully.......quite the opposite in fact.

If this were a 100 metre race between us and the Fifers, we have given them something like a 40 metre head start.

19 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Just flicking through the stats on the BBC while looking at the play off scores. just realised our top scorer this season (in the 3rd tier) had only 6 goals. (Morrison). shocking stat. second highest is telfer with 4. 

Need a goalscorer next season, preferably 2 of them.

It was a shortened season but still woeful.

23 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

As we all know, it’s hardly unique that a Championship side appoint a manager/coach who is utter dugshite compared to a manager/coach in L1. If anyone knows it, we do.

Admittedly, not only are we L1, but we can have precious little confidence in the people involved in the selection process. Of the people involved on this side of the pond, not one of them can point to any track record of having either done it before, or having done it successfully.......quite the opposite in fact.

If this were a 100 metre race between us and the Fifers, we have given them something like a 40 metre head start.

They would also have the added advantage of better grip due to their sixth toe.

Watching the standard of the play off game shows how far we have fallen. The football is absolutely awful, the fact we couldn't even make the play offs is fucking depressing. Our club is a mess.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Watchimg the standard of the play off game shows how far we have fallen. The football is absolutely awful, the fact we couldn't even make the play offs is fucking depressing. Our club is a mess.

The fact 9 of our players have already been released shows to me they know that and are hopefully actively trying to fix that this summer. Hopefully more to be announced as released as well from that squad of diddies.

Nesbitt has made a difference since he came on and Jacobs looked good before he went off injured.  We need to sign the right type of players this summer so our recruitment needs to be much better which again I feel the club are aware of or they wouldn't have brought in a director of football. 

Still gagging on a fan presence at boardroom level so hopefully that is getting sorted this summer as well as it's not just the squad that needs changed. 

I don't think they have put out offers to fans on refunds for last season which they are obviously keeping a hold of until some good news story is announced as everything is very much negative to do with us at the moment. 

Hopefully a fairly good managerial appointment is made then a few signings announced to bring on some promise for next season.

Edited by FFC 1876

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The fact 9 of our players have already been released shows to me they know that and are hopefully actively trying to fix that this summer. Hopefully more to be announced as released as well from that squad of diddies.

Nesbitt has made a difference since he came on and Jacobs looked good before he went off injured.  We need to sign the right type of players this summer so our recruitment needs to be much better which again I feel the club are aware of or they wouldn't have brought in a director of football. 

Still gagging on a fan presence at boardroom level so hopefully that is getting sorted this summer as well as it's not just the squad that needs changed. 

I don't think they have put out offers to fans on refunds for last season which they are obviously keeping a hold of until some good news story is announced as everything is very much negative to do with us at the moment. 

Hopefully a fairly good managerial appointment is made then a few signings announced to bring on some promise for next season.

Hope you are right but I just don't have faith anymore in the decision makers at our club to get things right. I don't think they are making the offer of refunds as they fear the amount of folk that would take them up on it.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

This is what Alexander, Ritchie, Deans and the Board want. Appoint a new Head Coach, make a few signings and soon everyone will be clambering over one another to buy season tickets and new strips. Don’t ever let these bast*rds forget. The only way we move forward is a clear out from top to bottom.

8 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

This is what Alexander, Ritchie, Deans and the Board want. Appoint a new Head Coach, make a few signings and soon everyone will be clambering over one another to buy season tickets and new strips. Don’t ever let these bast*rds forget. The only way we move forward is a clear out from top to bottom.

Agreed, that promise shouldn't smooth over the shocker of a season we've just had and as I said there should be changes at board level as well as the squad this summer. 

Edited by FFC 1876

3 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Equally, with Dunfermline now looking for a Manager, they will likely be a more attractive proposition than we are purely based on their higher league status and increased television exposure.

Likely? We finished in the playoffs in the championship, you missed the playoffs in league 1, your board seems an utter shambles, we've just linked up with some Germans that looks quite exciting really. 

If we were to be in for the same manager we'd get chosen, nothing likely about it. I doubt it'll come to that though. 

29 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Well said. The players we're looking at shows that there's no chance of us turning a corner, clearing out shite to make way for shite. We've been doing this for three years now, our fans really should be able to see this. There is no chance of these charlatans delivering anything other than disappointment. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Likely? We finished in the playoffs in the championship, you missed the playoffs in league 1, your board seems an utter shambles, we've just linked up with some Germans that looks quite exciting really. 

If we were to be in for the same manager we'd get chosen, nothing likely about it. I doubt it'll come to that though. 

There's not a lot of decent choices about to be honest. Not many I'd be fighting over certainly. If you can convince Petrie then that would be a good move but apart from that the names going about are extremely uninspiring. 

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You are missing out pounds and pence. I dont know if folk in charge at our club, or investors like Rawlins would be willing to shell out a budget that surpassed yours, but lets not talk all romantic about playoffs and league positions. Money talks

Guest Peter LaFleur
4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Interesting times ahead 

In a good way? Is this relating to potential changes at board level?

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You are missing out pounds and pence. I dont know if folk in charge at our club, or investors like Rawlins would be willing to shell out a budget that surpassed yours, but lets not talk all romantic about playoffs and league positions. Money talks

Reckon we've got you on that aswell tbh. I do agree that money talks, and with the big increase in prize money, the 500k from the government, the Nisbet money, the centenary lifeline and the German Investors I'm fairly confident we have a better budget. 

When we're at the same level we'll have similar budgets, currently though... 

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Spill

Can we not get CC52 back on the forum with zero fucks spillage including source and location?

Edited by Peter LaFleur