The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Rocco said:

An experienced manager on his way up won’t come to Falkirk

We should be an ideal stepping stone for someone whose managing in the seaside leagues had a bit of success and is now looking to make a move full time or to a bigger club.

We should be an ideal stepping stone for someone whose managing in the seaside leagues had a bit of success and is now looking to make a move full time or to a bigger club.

You do realise we’d be like a half step. If a manager is doing well in league 1 or 2 then they’ll jump to the championship at least.

24 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You do realise we’d be like a half step. If a manager is doing well in league 1 or 2 then they’ll jump to the championship at least.

We're a bigger club than most in the championship. You look at us you'd think great chance to take a  team with a much bigger budget and win this league and then take them on with the potential of top flight football.  We're in a trough just now but the potential is there.  4000 fans every other week and top class facilities.  You go obviously go to a Morton or queen of the south but then your basically midtable to fighting off relegation as the norm even if your going a good job. If you've got confidence in your own ability then no reason why Falkirk wouldn't be attractive.

34 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
5 hours ago, Van_damage said:
Does anyone find it weird that the post from CC52 FFC about speaking to Gary Deans has disappeared? In fact, CC52 FFC now seems to have deleted their profile. emoji848.png 

His Da told him off for leaking his meeting with Deans and he's banned from using the internet.

Deans is like a feckin sieve. He can't hold his own water FFS.

The names that are coming up really aren't filling me with any confidence. It's also depressing to know that the dimwit Gary Holt is the one selecting the manager. 

I’m not saying he fills me with confidence but surely it’s better than having the likes of Deans select them?

14 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m not saying he fills me with confidence but surely it’s better than having the likes of Deans select them?

I agree, but despite the fact you could write their collective football knowledge on the back of a stamp, I wouldn’t be confident that the likes of Deans or McFarlane won’t have a big say. Would make you fu*king weep.

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

The names that are coming up really aren't filling me with any confidence. It's also depressing to know that the dimwit Gary Holt is the one selecting the manager. 

What names would you like to see? Robinson? McInnes? Neil? Gerrard? Klop? Jock Stein?

Aye, there are some of the usual suspects on there, some of whom probably haven't even applied, but there are one or two less predictable names there too like Holden, Taylor and O'Donnell who, again, probably haven't applied. I don't think we can realistically expect to see any up and coming guys who have already achieved anything decent being in the frame so the level of candidates that have been mentioned is probably what we're going to end up with.

35 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Ever heard the proverb "a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"? Holt may have more knowledge than Deans but I don't think that actually makes him a good candidate to be the one making this huge decision, mainly because Holt is totally clueless. 

15 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

What names would you like to see? Robinson? McInnes? Neil? Gerrard? Klop? Jock Stein?

Aye, there are some of the usual suspects on there, some of whom probably haven't even applied, but there are one or two less predictable names there too like Holden, Taylor and O'Donnell who, again, probably haven't applied. I don't think we can realistically expect to see any up and coming guys who have already achieved anything decent being in the frame so the level of candidates that have been mentioned is probably what we're going to end up with.

Well I certainly don't want a tried and failed manager which applies to a lot of the potential candidates. 

41 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

I agree, but despite the fact you could write their collective football knowledge on the back of a stamp, I wouldn’t be confident that the likes of Deans or McFarlane won’t have a big say. Would make you fu*king weep.

They're both involved aswell as Rawlins as far as I'm aware.

8 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Does anyone find it weird that the post from CC52 FFC about speaking to Gary Deans has disappeared? In fact, CC52 FFC now seems to have deleted their profile. 🤔 

Absolutely.... like something out of the X Files !

21 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Absolutely.... like something out of the X Files !

Whatever it was, it ended up as another mess, so God only knows. Here’s some “straight from the horse’s mouth” inside information from the guy with his finger on the pulse.

“Ooops, I fucked up the script, so I have to delete all traces of it, and if I fail to do that, then I have to delete myself, so cheerio everyone, cheerio.”

We must remember that we are looking for a Head Coach and not a Manager.  The remit of a Head Coach is a lot less than that of a Manager.  Therefore, unless they are desperate for a gig, anyone who was previously a Manager is unlikely to be willing to take a backwards step in their career and take a Head Coaches role. It's more likely that someone who was a hands on assistant manager previously would be a better fit.

Equally, with Dunfermline now looking for a Manager, they will likely be a more attractive proposition than we are purely based on their higher league status and increased television exposure.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We're a bigger club than most in the championship. You look at us you'd think great chance to take a  team with a much bigger budget and win this league and then take them on with the potential of top flight football.  We're in a trough just now but the potential is there.  4000 fans every other week and top class facilities.  You go obviously go to a Morton or queen of the south but then your basically midtable to fighting off relegation as the norm even if your going a good job. If you've got confidence in your own ability then no reason why Falkirk wouldn't be attractive.

On the downside.

Untrustworthy Board with a track record of hire and fire

Holt

Talentless squad

No youth set up

Support that will not back you through a barn spell

Whoever gets offered the job will want guarantees taking the above into account. 2-3 year contract. Limits on Holts involvement. Complete control on signings. 

Who can blame them for that thinking.