The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Scott Brown had the worst case of Paul McStay Syndrome since, well, Paul McStay.

Could have been genuinely brilliant but happy to stay in his comfort zone scudding Hamilton and Ross County eight times a season.

I admire him for sticking around. Some easy games for sure but not without tough games either.

I doubt as well he’d have had as prolonged a career if he played the way he did at Hibs.

2 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Couldn’t help but notice this morning that Robbie Fowler is in at 10/1 alongside Stuart Taylor, Stuart Kettlewell and Jum McIntyre for next manager...more chance of Arthur Fowler and he’s been deid for 25 years.

You got a link to the odds I can never find it.

13 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I admire him for sticking around. Some easy games for sure but not without tough games either.

I doubt as well he’d have had as prolonged a career if he played the way he did at Hibs.

Would've done a Barry Ferguson probably anyway and been stuck at a West brom or Fulham for a year before crawling back up the road to Celtic.

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Personally i wouldn't  want Kettlewell, McIntyre, Taylor or Grant. But knowing our board it'll probably be one of them.   You'd imagine Petrie must be among the favourites for the Dunfermline job

Why not Taylor?

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Personally i wouldn't  want Kettlewell, McIntyre, Taylor or Grant. But knowing our board it'll probably be one of them.   You'd imagine Petrie must be among the favourites for the Dunfermline job

Certainly not kettlewell. If he got in relegation trouble despite Roy's millions backing him then I'd hate to see what he'd do on a tight budget. McIntyre knocked us back before so can bolt.  A Taylor grant partnership would be interesting though. Certainly better than a lot of the other options.

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Does anyone find it weird that the post from CC52 FFC about speaking to Gary Deans has disappeared? In fact, CC52 FFC now seems to have deleted their profile. 🤔 

I find it more concerning that our chairman was vocal at previous fans meetings about trying to stop leaks.  Now has apparently went and leaked information himself.  🤷‍♂️

Don’t get me wrong, there’s not a chance in hell that Robbie Fowler is going to rock up at this clusterf*ck of a club, but it’s the sort of appointment I’d prefer to see us make this time round. It’s utterly depressing reading the same old washed-up names being touted for the job every time it becomes available, with absolutely no guarantees whatsoever that any of them will be a success given what they’ll be working under. We’ve went down the  experienced and rookie path before, both have taken us on a journey into the abyss. I just want something a bit left-field this time. A name that if fu*k all else, will generate a bit of excitement for once.

20 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

Don’t get me wrong, there’s not a chance in hell that Robbie Fowler is going to rock up at this clusterf*ck of a club, but it’s the sort of appointment I’d prefer to see us make this time round. It’s utterly depressing reading the same old washed-up names being touted for the job every time it becomes available, with absolutely no guarantees whatsoever that any of them will be a success given what they’ll be working under. We’ve went down the  experienced and rookie path before, both have taken us on a journey into the abyss. I just want something a bit left-field this time. A name that if fu*k all else, will generate a bit of excitement for once.

And it would be “for once”. Don’t think we’ve ever had a left-field appointment.

Edit: Jim Duffy (still a rookie though).

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

19 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

I find it more concerning that our chairman was vocal at previous fans meetings about trying to stop leaks.  Now has apparently went and leaked information himself.  🤷‍♂️

Or maybe CC Peniston invented the whole conversation? 

11 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

We've only went down the experienced coming off a sacking route so far. Would be nice to appoint an experienced on the way up full of confidence in their own ability.

We've only went down the experienced coming off a sacking route so far. Would be nice to appoint an experienced on the way up full of confidence in their own ability.

An experienced manager on his way up won’t come to Falkirk

31 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Or maybe CC Peniston invented the whole conversation? 

It was too precise to be made up lets be serious. Big brother's watching. 

54 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

£31.4% win rate with Limerick 51 games, not great, he also never seems to last anywhere he's been 

I don't know much about Irish football but I don't think Limerick are big hitters so that's maybe the best he could do with what he had to work with. I also don't think you can blame an assistant manger/coach for not sticking in jobs long enough as they come and go with the manager.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It was too precise to be made up lets be serious. Big brother's watching. 

I don't know much about Irish football but I don't think Limerick are big hitters so that's maybe the best he could do with what he had to work with. I also don't think you can blame an assistant manger/coach for not sticking in jobs long enough as they come and go with the manager.

LOI is one of the biggest shams in European football. Every year there seems to be a team folding or some other team doing a Gretna having a year in Europe then disappearing. 

the Rep of Ireland just isn't really a proper football country in the same sense Scotland England/NI is.