The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Individually, nowhere near Crunchie’s ability imho. Yes, he was part of a great DU side....Their result versus Barcelona is rightly a club legend, but that Barcelona side weren’t exactly what you would call “great” and Bannon played no part at all in that game.

My apologies you are right he didn't play in the spanish leg, but de did play in the home leg in which they also beat Barcelona. I loved watching the united from that era, especially in Europe and the way they could beat the old firm too. jim McLeans management and home and euro form reminded me of brian clough's another of my favourite non FFC sides.

we may not agree on bannon but we can agree crunchie should have been capped.

6 hours ago, WestHibee said:

One of the parents of one of the kids involved, new Head of Academy is running the sessions out of Lochend Astro in Edinburgh on a Wednesday night, its a mix of U15s-U17s. As someone who's worked in that line of work, it's not usual practice for professional clubs at that level to do that, just seems odd. 

I have no issue at all with us running trial sessions in Edinburgh (in fact it’s a great idea imo) but I would be very surprised and disappointed if we were charging youngsters money to take part.

Clearly the main benefit if we unearth a gem will be to the club so why we’d be charging people for the opportunity to earn a place in our youth squad I have no idea. 

Edited by PedroMoutinho

I have no issue at all with us running trial sessions in Edinburgh (in fact it’s a great idea imo) but I would be very surprised and disappointed if we were charging youngsters money to take part.
Clearly the main benefit if we unearth a gem will be to the club so why we’d be charging people for the opportunity to earn a place in our youth squad I have no idea. 

If it is true, then maybe it’s to try and put off guys who will just turn up for a laugh and not take it serious? I’m not saying that’s the right thing to do, but it wouldn’t surprise me if people turned up and tried to be disruptive

Does anyone find it weird that the post from CC52 FFC about speaking to Gary Deans has disappeared? In fact, CC52 FFC now seems to have deleted their profile. 🤔 

24 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Does anyone find it weird that the post from CC52 FFC about speaking to Gary Deans has disappeared? In fact, CC52 FFC now seems to have deleted their profile. 🤔 

CC52FFC is probably Craig Campbell 

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

*shudder* Even worse, Paul Hartley got 25 caps. As a player, little more than a sand dancer, yet he got 25 caps.

Come on now, I realise his management career has made him unpopular among Falkirk fans but Paul Hartley was an excellent player and a long way from a sand dancer.

First got capped when he was one of the best players in a very good Hearts team, scoring double figures from midfield two seasons running as they won the Scottish Cup and finished second ahead of Rangers. After moving to Celtic and being converted into a more defensive player he showed his worth as a holding midfielder too in a team that progressed to the knockout stages of the Champions League, marking prime Kaka out the game when they beat Milan, and was crucial to winning the title.

He had some excellent performances for Scotland, with the win in Paris especially standing out. He was well worth his caps.

20 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

No offence to you and thanks for posting, but why is the club chairman running his mouth about current managers, ex-managers, current players, ex-players in a chance meeting?

Totally agree. A “regular poster” on here suddenly pens a “don’t shoot the messenger” posting that’s grammatically all over the place claiming all sorts of stuff wrt Deans and the club.

Then the post is deleted (too late, it’s still here as people used it as quotes). Then next thing CC52 FFC’s P&B Account is gone too.

Definitely something not right about all that stuff.

12 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

See Crawford has resigned from Dunfermline. Could have a bit of an impact on the list of candidates that we are looking it.

Inverness and Dunfermline both looking for managers right now will have an affect. Always seems to be the case when we're looking for a manager.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Come on now, I realise his management career has made him unpopular among Falkirk fans but Paul Hartley was an excellent player and a long way from a sand dancer.

First got capped when he was one of the best players in a very good Hearts team, scoring double figures from midfield two seasons running as they won the Scottish Cup and finished second ahead of Rangers. After moving to Celtic and being converted into a more defensive player he showed his worth as a holding midfielder too in a team that progressed to the knockout stages of the Champions League, marking prime Kaka out the game when they beat Milan, and was crucial to winning the title.

He had some excellent performances for Scotland, with the win in Paris especially standing out. He was well worth his caps.

He was ruined at Celtic if you ask me. I remember him getting stuck at right back for one game against us and he was completely awful. Celtic have a habit of signing skillful midfielders and turning them into defensive minded players . Scott brown is another one . Whilst he obviously went on to have a great career at Celtic he was never the same dynamic box to box player he was at Hibs if you ask me and his best goal scoring season was his last at Hibs. Barry Robson was another one  scored double figures in each of his last two seasons at United but was lucky if he got one or two at Celtic.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Inverness and Dunfermline both looking for managers right now will have an affect. Always seems to be the case when we're looking for a manager.

I thought Robertson was back at Inverness? McCann was only there while he was on compassionate leave.

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was ruined at Celtic if you ask me. I remember him getting stuck at right back for one game against us and he was completely awful. Celtic have a habit of signing skillful midfielders and turning them into defensive minded players . Scott brown is another one . Whilst he obviously went on to have a great career at Celtic he was never the same dynamic box to box player he was at Hibs if you ask me and his best goal scoring season was his last at Hibs. Barry Robson was another one  scored double figures in each of his last two seasons at United but was lucky if he got one or two at Celtic.

Johnny Hayes too.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Scott Brown had the worst case of Paul McStay Syndrome since, well, Paul McStay.

Could have been genuinely brilliant but happy to stay in his comfort zone scudding Hamilton and Ross County eight times a season.