The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I heard they’re only charging the kids who are brutal and making up the numbers. Not sure how true that is.

Even so your worst boys clubs don't charge boys for trials. 

Edited by WestHibee

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, WestHibee said:

Even so your worst boys clubs don't charge boys for trials. 

I was just kidding. It’s odd if true that we aren’t using our own Astro to facilitate trials.

57 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I heard they’re only charging the kids who are brutal and making up the numbers. Not sure how true that is.

Christ, Falkirk players from the past 4 or 5 years must owe us a fortune!

Just now, Peter LaFleur said:

I was just kidding. It’s odd if true that we aren’t using our own Astro to facilitate trials.

Aye that also interested me. Fergus has always had a tie in with Lochend and the astro isn't Edinburgh Leisure its owned by Lochend Boys Club. So are Falkirk paying Lochend? Its a strange one.

Think majority of the boys coming from the SERYFS U15's League, believe Falkirk possibly attempting to swallow up the remnants of Salvasen at that age group 

Jacobs would be a bit of a meh signing imo. Has played the majority of his career at Championship level so would do a job but will be 30 next month and it's an area of the pitch we need younger legs in.

I've liked what I've seen from Nesbitt this season and does have age on his side. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Jacobs would be a bit of a meh signing imo. Has played the majority of his career at Championship level so would do a job but will be 30 next month and it's an area of the pitch we need younger legs in.

I've liked what I've seen from Nesbitt this season and does have age on his side. 

Hetherington sounds similar to Jacobs who we have rumoured to have signed on a pre contract so wouldn’t make sense to me.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

18 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Nesbitt's one of those frustrating wingers that only turns it on 1 in every 5 games. There's no doubt that on his day there's a player there, just rarely ever his day.

If I remember correctly Jacobs used to run all over us when we were in the championship in the middle of the park with Livingston. May have lost his running legs at 30 now. There are three brothers as well so I could be remembering the wron one.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Peter LaFleur
8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Nesbitt's one of those frustrating wingers that only turns it on 1 in every 5 games. There's no doubt that on his day there's a player there, just rarely ever his day.

If I remember correctly Jacobs used to run all over us when we were in the championship in the middle of the park with Livingston. May have lost his running legs at 30 now. There are three brothers as well so I could be remembering the wron one.

The better of the Jacobs brothers still plays at Livi. 

To think of the players picking up International caps ahead of Crunchie. You could make a case for Pat Nevin vying with Crunchie for a Scotland berth, but Bannon? At no point in his career was Bannon worthy of lacing Crunchie’s boots.

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

To think of the players picking up International caps ahead of Crunchie. You could make a case for Pat Nevin vying with Crunchie for a Scotland berth, but Bannon? At no point in his career was Bannon worthy of lacing Crunchie’s boots.

John Colquhoun got 2 caps in 1988 🤦‍♂️.

30 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Agree with you that Crunchie deserved his chance at Scotland and real shame he didn't even get a sub appearance. one of the biggest travesties in Scottish squad selection.

Disagree with your viewpoint on Bannon completely.  He played in the best Dundee United in living memory winning the top league in Scotland (couple of league cups too)  Helped United to a European final,  european semi final, beating the likes of Barcelona (in spain) and scored over 100 career goals, not bad for a winger.  he was a great player, not such a great manager!

50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

John Colquhoun got 2 caps in 1988 🤦‍♂️.

*shudder* Even worse, Paul Hartley got 25 caps. As a player, little more than a sand dancer, yet he got 25 caps.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

17 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agree with you that Crunchie deserved his chance at Scotland and real shame he didn't even get a sub appearance. one of the biggest travesties in Scottish squad selection.

Disagree with your viewpoint on Bannon completely.  He played in the best Dundee United in living memory winning the top league in Scotland (couple of league cups too)  Helped United to a European final,  european semi final, beating the likes of Barcelona (in spain) and scored over 100 career goals, not bad for a winger.  he was a great player, not such a great manager!

Individually, nowhere near Crunchie’s ability imho. Yes, he was part of a great DU side....Their result versus Barcelona is rightly a club legend, but that Barcelona side weren’t exactly what you would call “great” and Bannon played no part at all in that game.