The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, strichener said:

It's pretty tin-pot if true.  Down there with Stirling Albion who did something similar as part of their "So you think you're good enough?" initiative.

The original post was £10 per session not per season.

Even if its per session when you look at it in the same vein kids pay for karate classes etc you pay for gym memberships how should this be any difference someone is still giving up their time that need paying then the astroturf itself at some point has to be renewed not to mention the other equipment that has been provided it all had to be paid for.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Even if its per session when you look at it in the same vein kids pay for karate classes etc you pay for gym memberships how should this be any difference someone is still giving up their time that need paying then the astroturf itself at some point has to be renewed not to mention the other equipment that has been provided it all had to be paid for.

Kids sign up for classes. This is the club looking for trialists and good players to build a team for the future. It’s part of the clubs business. They need these kids and are hoping to find gems that will make them money. Charging them so that the club can assess who is worth buying is ludicrous. You should never have to pay to take part in a trial. 

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No offence to you and thanks for posting, but why is the club chairman running his mouth about current managers, ex-managers, current players, ex-players in a chance meeting?

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems the norm at our club and hence why deans need to go 

He loves all the attention of being chair, he made an arse of himself pre season with all the reconstruction chat - was taken for a chump during that whole process, let M&M lead us into this season then waited until the 18 games were up before getting shot, IMO he's been a disaster of a chairman,  unfortunately I don't think he is about to fall on this sword.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

A full-time professional football club asking players to pay for trials is tin-pot.  How many times have you paid a company for the privilege of interviewing you?  Have you offered your services not only for free but also agreed to buy your new colleagues lunch whilst you show your value to a potential employer.  I would be embarassed if my part-time club did this never mind a "professional" outfit such as Falkirk.

Away from your new manager search. What's the fans thoughts on Falkirk offering trials to U15s-17s players but making them pay £10 a head per session to cover the astroturf costs. Sounds a bit dodgy to me
Whats your source for this wee nugget of information?

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would it not be better to get some evidence of this charge actually existing before getting our knickers In a twist.

True

Does anyone expect it not to be true? It’s exactly the sort of thing the current version of our club does. 

Before anyone says “oooo it’s only a tenner”, it’s the principle. Paying for a trial is not the done thing. 

1 minute ago, strichener said:

A full-time professional football club asking players to pay for trials is tin-pot.  How many times have you paid a company for the privilege of interviewing you?  Have you offered your services not only for free but also agreed to buy your new colleagues lunch whilst you show your value to a potential employer.  I would be embarassed if my part-time club did this never mind a "professional" outfit such as Falkirk.

Yet there are companies that say to gain employment with, you must attend their training course or you dont get a job you might not like it but thats the way some companies have operated

20 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Because we're trying to recruit these players to be in our academy for our benefit and theirs given but why are we charging them £10 for the luxury. We're the ones that need a team of players.

Edited by FFC 1876

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Yet there are companies that say to gain employment with, you must attend their training course or you dont get a job you might not like it but thats the way some companies have operated

If the company force people onto courses then they have to pay them otherwise they are breaking the law.  I notice that you haven't actually answered the question though - Have you had to pay a potential employer to prove your value and would you find it acceptable to do so?

Edited by strichener

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

If the company force people onto courses then they have to pay them otherwise they are breaking the law.  I notice that you haven't actually answered the question though - Have you had to pay a potential employer to prove your value and would you find it acceptable to do so?

No but i have been made to jump through hoops to work with a company i.e. their training provider/recommended course to stay in employment with the company 

1 minute ago, kiddy said:

Was it Leahy, or Vaulks that turned up & played for feck all? Both highly regarded by the support, both who have carved out careers in the EFL.

Vaulks.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

In any case wheres the source for this ? other than some random pipe up and say we are charging kids a tenner for a trial ?

Exactly. They must be advertising this somewhere so shouldn't be that difficult to find evidence surely?