The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, WestHibee said:

Away from your new manager search. What's the fans thoughts on Falkirk offering trials to U15s-17s players but making them pay £10 a head per session to cover the astroturf costs. Sounds a bit dodgy to me

Were is this coming from? 

If it turned out to be true, I don't see a problem with it. Those kids would pay fees to play for a boys club or ammies. If £10 would put them off then they probably know they are not going to be good enough. £10 quid for a fair chance of getting in to a full time football set up seems a no brainer.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

If it turned out to be true, I don't see a problem with it. Those kids would pay fees to play for a boys club or ammies. If £10 would put them off then they probably know they are not going to be good enough. £10 quid for a fair chance of getting in to a full time football set up seems a no brainer.

It's pretty tin-pot if true.  Down there with Stirling Albion who did something similar as part of their "So you think you're good enough?" initiative.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Whats dodgy about it, if the club hadn't have stepped into the woodlands pitch it would probably be flats by now, it was council owned as was the woodlands sports part.  £10 for the fullk season isn't bad going and at some point the pitch has to be replaced so a small fee for it being used for the full season isn't too bad.

The original post was £10 per session not per season.

Guest Caractacus Potts

The pitch is owned by Falkirk is it not? So costs nothing to let people pay on it for free as presumably it will be done at a time when there are no bookings. 

if you’re offering trials then surely you want to cast your net far and wide and don’t put anyone off? Imagine those who don’t want to pay the £10 are probably those who would be worth signing up.  

Just reeks of tinpot mentality if true. Wonder if they’ll make those applying for the managers job pay a small fee for the overheads required to interview each candidate? Interviewers time, lights, heat, teabags? You know, eventually those lightbulbs will need to be replaced...

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Miller was a very good young player who left us as soon as he was good enough to get more money elsewhere - which is absolutely fair enough.

McCracken was a solid enough defender for us at the tail end of his career, who more than likely cost us the cup final.

Neither were club legends.

It was Jamie Macdonald palming the ball out to the Inverness player when no save even needed to be made that cost us the cup final.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

It was Jamie Macdonald palming the ball out to the Inverness player when no save even needed to be made that cost us the cup final.

Watch it again.

McCracken gets his positioning all wrong, lets the ball bounce over his head, and when he should have committed a cheeky shirt pull and take a booking, lets the attacker go through which leads to the chance.

I'm not saying MacDonald shouldn't have done better, but if McCracken had done his job properly ICT wouldn't have been within fifty yards of the box.

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

The pitch is owned by Falkirk is it not? So costs nothing to let people pay on it for free as presumably it will be done at a time when there are no bookings. 

if you’re offering trials then surely you want to cast your net far and wide and don’t put anyone off? Imagine those who don’t want to pay the £10 are probably those who would be worth signing up.  

Just reeks of tinpot mentality if true. Wonder if they’ll make those applying for the managers job pay a small fee for the overheads required to interview each candidate? Interviewers time, lights, heat, teabags? You know, eventually those lightbulbs will need to be replaced...

The pitch is owned by the club so your right. 

Whether its tinpot or not, we are playing in a tinpot league and have recently been embarrassed by tinpot teams. The embarrassment can't get much worse.

Either way, until we have something to show it is true then its all heresay. The word of a Hibs fan on P&B isn't really credible.

He wouldn't touch us with a bargepole in our current mess.

Money talks.

Pay enough and we’ll get the right person.(not saying Brian Rice).

We’re in the shitter and we’re going to have to splash the cash to get out of it.

And we shouldn’t be restricted by what we’re paying Holt, if we can get the right person and his demands mean that he is getting paid more than Holt, so be it. There are umpteen instances in football of players earning more than their manager, a head coach earning more than the DoF shouldn’t stop up from recruiting the right candidate.

Personally, I'd rather ditch Holt altogether and pay over the odds to get a great manager.

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Watch it again.

McCracken gets his positioning all wrong, lets the ball bounce over his head, and when he should have committed a cheeky shirt pull and take a booking, lets the attacker go through which leads to the chance.

I'm not saying MacDonald shouldn't have done better, but if McCracken had done his job properly ICT wouldn't have been within fifty yards of the box.

I think it’s more the positioning than commiting a foul. He’s been outmuscled and by the time there’s a chance to tug the shirt he’s been spun round and facing the other way from the opponent.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

5 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Yep, should’ve just let it go by him 🤔

The ball was going out, so that's exactly what he should have done.

ETA: Although perhaps he was just trying to make sure.

Edited by Gaz

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Isn't that the point, though? That it was 12 years ago?

I was a pretty harsh critic of Yogi even back in the day, especially for his last season and the way he left us, but... I have to agree that if he had been appointed instead of M&M I don't think we'd be sitting fifth place in League One.

Auntie had baws  stuff.

I had a socially distance meeting with Gary Deans today so I’ll some up what was said below (don’t shoot the messenger).
He says new head coach will be announced in a couple of weeks there was around 130 in for it but 100 were awful.
M and M would have been away even if promoted.
Rowlands will be over ASAP to get things sorted.
Holt has signed some players on a preseason contract but can’t sign to many until new head coach is appointed .
Blair Alston has been really disappointingly and both him and club are terminated the contract now he feels he got played out of position and was playing with players like Akeel Francis etc that were basically shit.
Telfor has a strap fitted inside his ankle and he got a graze on the plastic pitch and this infected his leg and just about ended his playing career 
Dixon and hall had breaks.
Alstons contract terminated??

6 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I had a socially distance meeting with Gary Deans today so I’ll some up what was said below (don’t shoot the messenger).

He says new head coach will be announced in a couple of weeks there was around 130 in for it but 100 were awful.
Holt has signed some players on a preseason contract but can’t sign to many until new head coach is appointed .
Blair Alston has been really disappointingly and both him and club are terminated the contract now he feels he got played out of position and was playing with players like Akeel Francis etc that were basically shit.
Telfor has a strap fitted inside his ankle and he got a graze on the plastic pitch and this infected his leg and just about ended his playing career 

Any mention of Connolly?

11 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Heard this a few weeks ago but didn't want to plaster something like that online with it just being word of mouth. Heard that he just about lost his leg. Absolutely horrible.

22 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Watch the goal again- the ball was going out.

Nope. I've never watched it since that day and refuse to watch it again. A heart can only be broken so many times. 

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Heard this a few weeks ago but didn't want to plaster something like that online with it just being word of mouth. Heard that he just about lost his leg. Absolutely horrible.

If this is true, get that plastic pitch to f**k.