The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Auntie had baws  stuff.

Of course, but my point is that maybe we shouldn't be basing our decision not to approach someone on whether they had a bit of beef 12 years ago.

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

If this is true, get that plastic pitch to f**k. 

I wasn't aware that it was due to a graze and heard it was due to surgery complications. If it did come from the pitch it would make sense. An abrasive, relatively unclean surface making hard contact with broken skin. It makes you wonder how common it could be. I play on 3g/4g pitches regularly in ammy football and regularly find myself picking black pellets from knee/thigh grazes. I never think if it being more than a sting but it certainly can't be good for you.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

I wasn't aware that it was due to a graze and heard it was due to surgery complications. If it did come from the pitch it would make sense. An abrasive, relatively unclean surface making hard contact with broken skin. It makes you wonder how common it could be. I play on 3g/4g pitches regularly in ammy football and regularly find myself picking black pellets from knee/thigh grazes. I never think if it being more than a sting but it certainly can't be good for you.

Many years ago I returned home from a boozy night out, pizza in hand. I dropped a bit on the floor and, being absolutely hammered, picked it up and ate it. Next again day I realised that it had fallen on my football boots and would have been absolutely covered in the wee pellets and bits of fake grass. Lovely stuff

Surely if a new coach comes in with hopefully superior signings getting made, Alston will want to hang around, at least until he's spoken to the new boss, no?

He could be a big asset for us next year, despite his Casper impression this year.

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Surely if a new coach comes in with hopefully superior signings getting made, Alston will want to hang around, at least until he's spoken to the new boss, no?

He could be a big asset for us next year, despite his Casper impression this year.

His legs are gone. It’s a shame to watch as with dead ball situations you can see he has quality there but his injuries have ruined him. It was reported on here by numerous people that the club were warned before signing him.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He has looked incredibly poor however I can see the other side of the argument. His last spell had him playing with Vaulks and Taiwo who covered every inch of grass, Kerr who could spread the ball about in his slippers and Sibbald who you could rely on to beat a man and create something. This year he has been put in with 2 old men in Gomis and Miller who were running through treacle all season. 

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He has looked incredibly poor however I can see the other side of the argument. His last spell had him playing with Vaulks and Taiwo who covered every inch of grass, Kerr who could spread the ball about in his slippers and Sibbald who you could rely on to beat a man and create something. This year he has been put in with 2 old men in Gomis and Miller who were running through treacle all season. 

Don't! 😭

What I've heard about the artificial grass you put in gardens (similar if not the same) is they are really unhygienic and kids often get infections from them. When players spit or blow their nose onto grass it gets broken down by the natural enzymes in the soil. There's no enzymes in a plastic pitch and rain just spreads stuff around. 

13 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It's the fact people on here constantly (rightly in my view) say they don't care if a manager is an p***k as long as he gets results, yet in the same breath didn't want Yogi cause they think he's a bit of a p***k. I have no doubt there was some bad feeling when he left us, but it was over a decade ago ffs. You sometimes have to just forgive. We were sitting in League One and Yogi offered to speak to us, and we took on M&M instead. Does anyone, in their heart of hearts, think Yogi would have overseen the powderpuff shite we've seen since? Would he honestly have done a worse job? 

At Raith rovers he oversaw a pile of powder puff shite nae bother so no could well of done no better. Got county pumped out the cup by Inverness and they stayed up by a baw hair despite their decent budget.

9 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

We can't afford passengers next season. He showed this season he hasn't got the mobility to play in the middle of the park so what's the point in us wasting another season on him. Especially when he'll be a high earner.

Telfer seems to be one of these players that is just incredibly injury prone .  Probably a 1 in 100 chance of getting an infection but it will happen to him.  Did deans mention if he's going to do the decent thing and move on so the club can get on with a clean slate? That's the news we really need instead of him hanging on to his beloved blazer.

37 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I had a socially distance meeting with Gary Deans today so I’ll some up what was said below (don’t shoot the messenger).

He says new head coach will be announced in a couple of weeks there was around 130 in for it but 100 were awful.
M and M would have been away even if promoted.
Rawlins will be over ASAP to get things sorted.
Holt has signed some players on a preseason contract but can’t sign to many until new head coach is appointed .
Blair Alston has been really disappointingly and both him and club are terminated the contract now he feels he got played out of position and was playing with players like Akeel Francis etc that were basically shit.
Telfor has a strap fitted inside his ankle and he got a graze on the plastic pitch and this infected his leg and just about ended his playing career 
Dixon and hall had breaks.

Magical, this is the information we all come on here to read. If Dixon's had a break it would be very risky keeping him on for next season especially given his age. Hopefully also means Hall's punted as horrible as that is to say. Telfer's hopefully recovering well as I'd like him to be there next season. 

Did he mention how many Holt had signed on pre contracts or did he just say 'a few'.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We can't afford passengers next season. He showed this season he hasn't got the mobility to play in the middle of the park so what's the point in us wasting another season on him. Especially when he'll be a high earner.

I'd bin him , Connolly and telfer. Just don't play enough games to warrant their wages.  As you say we need guys that will play every week  and not miss half a season.

23 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If GD can give all this information to a poster on here, why can’t the Club share all this with the fans at large?

Seems odd.

Fans crave information.

Have also heard that a group of local businessmen having been speaking to the Board about taking a stake.

I don't think CC will have introduced himself as a regular p&b poster. Deans will have just been answering a fans questions as honestly as he can in the local supermarket. Not exactly an official statement you'd expect the club to come out with. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

The best part of that update was Alston throwing Francis under the bus 😂 You can only imagine how bad he was in training trying to complete passing and close control drills.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Guest Caractacus Potts

If Deans requires the Rawlins to come over and sort things out then what is the point of him? They are shareholders and only own 25% of the club as far as I’m aware. 

If the club is in such a mess then surely Deans is responsible for that? 

2 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Best part of that update was Alston throwing Francis under the bus 😂 You can only imagine how bad he was in training trying to complete passing and close control drills.

Balls bouncing into the carpark from his first touch. Probably just had him setting up the cones most days.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

No offence to you and thanks for posting, but why is the club chairman running his mouth about current managers, ex-managers, current players, ex-players in a chance meeting?

Seems the norm at our club and hence why deans need to go