The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Would love an appointment like Robinson. Shows massive intent and even give the guy assurances of a free release if a bigger side comes in for him during his spell. The longer he is out the game the more realistic it is.

Agreed. Give him what he wants for a season wages wise, if he gets us up then if he gets a better offer he can go. If you don't ask you don't get and it would at least show the board are showing a bit ambition rather than just talking about it. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Worth noting that Robinson left Motherwell because he felt he had taken them as far as he could and indicated he'd only like to stay in Scotland if one of the top teams wanted him ie, a side that can challenge for the top 4 every season.

Obviously that's unrealistic on his part and his expectations will need to come down if he's thinking of managing in Scotland again but with all due respect, I don't think he's at League 1 level yet regardless of your intent.

Yep, there’s not a hope in hell. I actually thought Dundee would have had a realistic chance of getting him when there was talk of unrest with McPake. Promotion will scupper that though.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Agreed. Give him what he wants for a season wages wise, if he gets us up then if he gets a better offer he can go. If you don't ask you don't get and it would at least show the board are showing a bit ambition rather than just talking about it. 

I'm no sure he's the man to get us out this league mind you.  He'll know absolutely nowt about league one. We've failed miserably so far bringing in players who have played at a higher level. We need to change our strategy.

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Yep, there’s not a hope in hell. I actually thought Dundee would have had a realistic chance of getting him when there was talk of unrest with McPake. Promotion will scupper that though.

Yeah, perhaps. Depends on his expectations and what our actual hopes for the future are now for our American overlords. I see him going down South tbh. Still think he holds himself in a very high regard.

He'd have decent contacts, be able to bring in players that would have better ability and graft. He seems the type that wouldn't suffer fools gladly. Any manager with a bit of nouse would have at least got our shower of shite putting a shift in. M&M who were out their depth even had us top for a long spell and we were woefully bad. Robinson I think would have had this league won by Christmas.

No wonder you lads are currently burning your club to ground if you're expecting Stephen Robinson as manager after finishing 5th in League One. 

Fucking hell.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No wonder you lads are currently burning your club to ground if you're expecting Stephen Robinson as manager after finishing 5th in League One. 

Fucking hell.

Sorry who said we expected him as our manager? Cause I’ve not read that anywhere. 

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fucking hell.

Aye and even worse some of our fan’s questioning if he’s good enough 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Sorry who said we expected him as our manager? Cause I’ve not read that anywhere. 

The fact hes even mentioned is enough, tbh. 

This "no harm in asking" patter is just weird when its a manager who  will quite clearly have absolutely zero interest in the job. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fucking hell.

His name is Random Guy and he is a nosey neighbour.

A lot of people know that.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The fact hes even mentioned is enough, tbh. 

This "no harm in asking" patter is just weird when its a manager who  will quite clearly have absolutely zero interest in the job. 

Money talks if he was given what he wanted. 
The longer your on shelf, the less attractive you become. 

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

Money talks if he was given what he wanted. 
The longer your on shelf, the less attractive you become. 

😂

6 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Hope to God the "other criteria" referenced in that update includes proven experience of managing a group of football players, man-management skills. tactical knowledge, a defined way of playing, ability to identify players, to improve players, to read a game, to manage a game, to influence a game, to change a game. If they haven't recognised the glaring requirement for strong, proper, autonomous leadership after the "M and M" horror show, they're just wasting their time. We need a million times more than someone who can put on a coaching session, just grateful for the opportunity and happy to be subservient to whatever Holt wants. Not at all convinced that his presence and interference will prove especially helpful in securing the right person. This decision is make-or-break.