The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

You're right in that they don't "deserve" any of our support for the disgusting performance over the last 10 years but your son is the sort of person that will see us become something worth following again. My great grandfather walked from Falkirk to Bathgate and back to watch Syd Puddefoot's debut for us. It's a representation of where we are from and the tradition that entails. Think about the best goals you've seen us score and what that means. The club is much more than the last few seasons of shit. I was lucky to hit the Yogi years when I was in high school so maybe easy for me to say but if we don't keep the younger fans interested then we'll end up like Clyde or Airdrie.

I agree with this.

A fan is much more than a supporter.

A fan is a fanatic. Says it all.

We’ve  just got to stick with it.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

I just feel he's not getting the same back from the club that I did at that age. f**k knows, probably looking too much into it on the beers last night but just a bit scunnered. 

21 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

"Scunnered" for me sums up the whole club at the moment. 

Unfortunately we are all just scunnered when, to be honest, we should be much higher up the attached Rage Gauge.

What can we do to show our disgust? We all took the piss out of Rangers (R.I.P) fans when they sat back and watched their club die and while we are nowhere near that yet I feel that we have to do something to show our anger and contempt for the situation that Falkirk FC is in at the moment. But what? Suggestions on a postcard please.

Scottish Rage Gauge | Scottish culture, Scottish, Scotland

11 hours ago, keithgy said:

His first 3 games for us were meh then bang he hit the ground running,Killie away i was screaming cross cross and then he just scored,

That game you mention was my first ever game!

One blurry memory I have is Sammy chasing down a player....like he just appeared from nowhere! It was strange and mentioning here doesn’t do it just justice but fans were caught out by it. I remember folk around our section of the ground talking about it.

Next game I went to was a disappointing 2-1 home defeat to Ayr which was a blow then my next was the magnificent 7-1 against Raith and we never looked back, arguably for the next five years (relegation  included but we were praised for attacking football).

11 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Same. I think I persuaded my (non football fan) late dad to bring me through as it was around Christmas wasn't it? Bet he was delighted to go but the second half was tremendous fun.

Yes, my memory of it was going from dejection at half-time to pure joy in the second half when it seemed to rain goals.

3 hours ago, Broken Bairn said:

"Scunnered" for me sums up the whole club at the moment. There will always be high's and Low's supporting Falkirk. Watching Dave Clarke's giants in the mud to Lambies's pile of shite, then God, Sammy and crunchie in full flow, go unbeaten in Glasgow for a full season, 3 cup finals in 18 years, we were spoiled and felt immensely proud of our team and our town. It was never going to last, but should never have plummeted to the depths we are at now. Until the club and fans take everything to do with the club by the scruff of the neck and realise where we are is our fault, i don't think things will improve. Every opponent in this league gives 10% extra against "Big Team" Falkirk as that is how we come across to the opposition. Until we have a team that is willing to match and go beyond this extra 10% every time they pull on the jersey i fear we will struggle. It shouldn't be difficult,as most have been giving 80% for seasons now. Passion and desire coupled with hard work costs nothing but for me we have to pay the minimum, with large win/promotion bonuses to attract the right attitude and ability(in that order!) to our club. The fans will match every bit of effort ten fold- of that i am sure, and the positives start to flow from there. One of the biggest seasons in our history coming up imo, we simply cannot afford to mess this one up. 

Agree entirely with the 10% and 80% analysis here.

It's not easy to get youngsters interested these days. You're not just missing a decent side you're missing brockville it's atmosphere and it's handy location.  Trying to get kids interested in sitting in a cold stadium watching a dreadful side with no atmosphere is a real struggle. 

I notice it was announced that David luiz was leaving arsenal yesterday. I'm still waiting for the uproar from arsenal fans at him being listed on his own. Surprised it's not in any of the major sports headlines.

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not easy to get youngsters interested these days. You're not just missing a decent side you're missing brockville it's atmosphere and it's handy location.  Trying to get kids interested in sitting in a cold stadium watching a dreadful side with no atmosphere is a real struggle. 

I notice it was announced that David luiz was leaving arsenal yesterday. I'm still waiting for the uproar from arsenal fans at him being listed on his own. Surprised it's not in any of the major sports headlines.

Aye my wee boy is 4 now and at the age I will be taking him, the problem is I can’t be arsed going myself right now! The club have to get this manager appointment right and spark some interest for me! 

5 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Didn’t get the  level of excitement with this guy with a few on here.

Wouldn't be top of my list but he's done a decent enough job at East Fife. His recruitment is certainly light years ahead of ours and he knows the league well. I'd certainly have  preferred him to some of the names mentioned.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough - I’m probably lucky in that my boy is old enough to have seen us play in (and lose) 2 cup finals, have some memorable trips to Tynecastle, Easter Road and Ibrox and witness some magic playoff games (Hibs in particular). No chance he’ll decide at his age to go and support Man City or Liverpool.

My point is more that if you are starting since your boys high points you mention what would be memorable / hook you since Houston left? 

3/4 years of solid decline, not a highlight anywhere, that goes on another 2 years and its a whole cohort of fans that will never get involved. 

Been thinking about possible coaches for us and, at this particular time in our clubs misfortunes, I keep coming back to Yogi.

I just feel that we need someone with natural enthusiasm who’s going to lift players spirits. I know he’s got a ‘mixed’ track record but we certainly need someone with his motivational skills.

Just a thought!

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Been thinking about possible coaches for us and, at this particular time in our clubs misfortunes, I keep coming back to Yogi.

I just feel that we need someone with natural enthusiasm who’s going to lift players spirits. I know he’s got a ‘mixed’ track record but we certainly need someone with his motivational skills.

Just a thought!

I agree re someone who can motivate a team because we’ve severely lacked that in recent years. We probably aren’t going to have the highest budge or best team with QP coming up so we need someone who can recruit well and motivate his players to be the best they can be. Easier said than done I appreciate. I like the sound of Stuart Taylor and Peter Grant if I’m honest. Obviously you have the unrealistic option of Stephen Robinson who I would take but he won’t be coming to league 1. 

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just a thought!

Eh, no.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just a thought!

Can't see him giving up Ross county to join us in league one.  I'm sure if they stay up tomorrow as it looks likely he'll be offered a contract and if he doesn't would we really want him back after failing at Raith and then county .

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just a thought!

Can you imagine having to be a director of football with Yogi as your subordinate. We need a good quality coach who also has a bit of experience managing so they know how to man manage players and also how to change the game if it's not going our way. Taylor and Grant have been the only ones mentioned on here but surely we'll have a shortlist of at least 5.

Guest Peter LaFleur
1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

I agree re someone who can motivate a team because we’ve severely lacked that in recent years. We probably aren’t going to have the highest budge or best team with QP coming up so we need someone who can recruit well and motivate his players to be the best they can be. Easier said than done I appreciate. I like the sound of Stuart Taylor and Peter Grant if I’m honest. Obviously you have the unrealistic option of Stephen Robinson who I would take but he won’t be coming to league 1. 

Would love an appointment like Robinson. Shows massive intent and even give the guy assurances of a free release if a bigger side comes in for him during his spell. The longer he is out the game the more realistic it is.

Worth noting that Robinson left Motherwell because he felt he had taken them as far as he could and indicated he'd only like to stay in Scotland if one of the top teams wanted him ie, a side that can challenge for the top 4 every season.

Obviously that's unrealistic on his part and his expectations will need to come down if he's thinking of managing in Scotland again but with all due respect, I don't think he's at League 1 level yet regardless of your intent.