The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was 26 back then and still single. I really want guys like yourselves and my two sons who are clearly very very fond on this club being able to experience something close to it again. 

Looking back you just don’t realise how vivid some of the memories are and how fondly you think back on them. 

Nothing has really come close since. We were taking 2/3000 to away games towards the end of the season. The game at Christmas at Kirkcaldy they talked about we were magnificent second half. Oh I could go on all not. 

Remember that game well, one of the first away games I took my son to. 0-1 at half time then we rattled in 4 in the second half. Stood behind the goals that`s now the home stand.

5 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Remember that game well, one of the first away games I took my son to. 0-1 at half time then we rattled in 4 in the second half. Stood behind the goals that`s now the home stand.

Same. I think I persuaded my (non football fan) late dad to bring me through as it was around Christmas wasn't it? Bet he was delighted to go but the second half was tremendous fun.

19 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We are the biggest laughing stock in the SPFL

100% correct 

The cons of supporting Falkirk far outweigh the pros. I feel like I'm forcing my son, the sun will come out tomorrow type pish, he was 1 year old last time we were in the premier. He now starts high school this summer. So I'm quite happy to let him enjoy teams like man city. Falkirk don't deserve my sons support. 

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

100% correct 

The cons of supporting Falkirk far outweigh the pros. I feel like I'm forcing my son, the sun will come out tomorrow type pish, he was 1 year old last time we were in the premier. He now starts high school this summer. So I'm quite happy to let him enjoy teams like man city. Falkirk don't deserve my sons support. 

I'll assume you've had a drink cause I completely disagree with this.

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

I have aye, happy to hear why you disagree? I'm prob just a bit scunnered but never closed to opinions 

You're right in that they don't "deserve" any of our support for the disgusting performance over the last 10 years but your son is the sort of person that will see us become something worth following again. My great grandfather walked from Falkirk to Bathgate and back to watch Syd Puddefoot's debut for us. It's a representation of where we are from and the tradition that entails. Think about the best goals you've seen us score and what that means. The club is much more than the last few seasons of shit. I was lucky to hit the Yogi years when I was in high school so maybe easy for me to say but if we don't keep the younger fans interested then we'll end up like Clyde or Airdrie.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You're right in that they don't "deserve" any of our support for the disgusting performance over the last 10 years but your son is the sort of person that will see us become something worth following again. My great grandfather walked from Falkirk to Bathgate and back to watch Syd Puddefoot's debut for us. It's a representation of where we are from and the tradition that entails. Think about the best goals you've seen us score and what that means. The club is much more than the last few seasons of shit. I was lucky to hit the Yogi years when I was in high school so maybe easy for me to say but if we don't keep the younger fans interested then we'll end up like Clyde or Airdrie.

It's just hard man, I grew up with jeffries in the 90s when I was primary school, then the 97 final. I always thought, growing up, we will get better, we haven't been anywhere near and that was nearly 30 years ago. My son still wears his Falkirk top, and still follows us, but it's all very second hand to appease me I feel. Hard to understand the passion at 12 year old when we are served this nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was 26 back then and still single. I really want guys like yourselves and my two sons who are clearly very very fond on this club being able to experience something close to it again. 

Looking back you just don’t realise how vivid some of the memories are and how fondly you think back on them. 

Nothing has really come close since. We were taking 2/3000 to away games towards the end of the season. The game at Christmas at Kirkcaldy they talked about we were magnificent second half. Oh I could go on all not. 

You are correct , it was the best of times.

What I can't understand is of that  2-3000 diehards of that time why was only 100 prepared to spend 10 quid to watch it, assuming they are all still around. 

Is due to:

1. The general malaise and apathy surrounding the club

2.  Old buggers can't work Zoom.

I would have thought 5 times that would tune it at least.  

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

With respect your post is  incorrect  and way off the mark, “reduce the club to laughing stock status” really ? 

Spot on.  We are viewed as a paragon of boardroom integrity, footballing excellence and all-round elite sporting/business acumen.

On 13/05/2021 at 18:44, ShaggerG said:

Ok, tell me exactly what the club should have done regarding Durnan?

They should have buried the story, just the same as they buried reports on the Airdrie match.

If you have read any, or watched any of the Chris Mitchell Foundation reports, you would understand why singling out one individual is not a good idea.

7 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

100% correct 

I have to disagree with this mate. My son 17 years old, I started taking him when he was about 3, he now goes occasionally with me and my dad but generally with his mates. Like me, he realises Falkirk’s is never going to be a hugely successful club however also like me he loves Falkirk and his support, although severely tested at the moment is unwavering.

He doesn’t, and never will support or follow one of the big English clubs. Probably influenced by me but it’s just never been for him.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I have to disagree with this mate. My son 17 years old, I started taking him when he was about 3, he now goes occasionally with me and my dad but generally with his mates. Like me, he realises Falkirk’s is never going to be a hugely successful club however also like me he loves Falkirk and his support, although severely tested at the moment is unwavering.

He doesn’t, and never will support or follow one of the big English clubs. Probably influenced by me but it’s just never been for him.

In years gone by the OP wouldn’t have been posted. This is how far We’ve fallen. To a young fan starting out, where are the great away days and cup runs that make you fall in love with it all? Non existent and it’s a threat to our survival longer term. 

They should have buried the story, just the same as they buried reports on the Airdrie match.
If you have read any, or watched any of the Chris Mitchell Foundation reports, you would understand why singling out one individual is not a good idea.
Think you are firmly in taking that too far territory now tbh

9 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

In years gone by the OP wouldn’t have been posted. This is how far We’ve fallen. To a young fan starting out, where are the great away days and cup runs that make you fall in love with it all? Non existent and it’s a threat to our survival longer term. 

Fair enough - I’m probably lucky in that my boy is old enough to have seen us play in (and lose) 2 cup finals, have some memorable trips to Tynecastle, Easter Road and Ibrox and witness some magic playoff games (Hibs in particular). No chance he’ll decide at his age to go and support Man City or Liverpool.

Guest Ecosse83
4 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Singling out an individual? The club reported that one of our players wasn’t staying for next season. Get a grip! 

You better get onto the Daily Record they also reported Durnan was leaving. How very dare they!

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough - I’m probably lucky in that my boy is old enough to have seen us play in (and lose) 2 cup finals, have some memorable trips to Tynecastle, Easter Road and Ibrox and witness some magic playoff games (Hibs in particular). No chance he’ll decide at his age to go and support Man City or Liverpool.

There in lies the crux. We are no where near any games like that and he has never experienced any games like that. My first game was the B&Q Cup final in 93, his was a defeat to Stirling Albion at forthbank in the league Cup group stages. Pretty much all downhill from that game. Maybe he's a jinx. 

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

There in lies the crux. We are no where near any games like that and he has never experienced any games like that. My first game was the B&Q Cup final in 93, his was a defeat to Stirling Albion at forthbank in the league Cup group stages. Pretty much all downhill from that game. Maybe he's a jinx. 

Possibly - maybe you should get him a Man City season ticket 😂 

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Possibly - maybe you should get him a Man City season ticket 😂 

He still supports us and doesn't hide it from his mates or that, wears his tops with pride and always enjoys himself at the games and the build up on a Saturday pre covid. I just feel he's not getting the same back from the club that I did at that age. f**k knows, probably looking too much into it on the beers last night but just a bit scunnered. 

"Scunnered" for me sums up the whole club at the moment. There will always be high's and Low's supporting Falkirk. Watching Dave Clarke's giants in the mud to Lambies's pile of shite, then God, Sammy and crunchie in full flow, go unbeaten in Glasgow for a full season, 3 cup finals in 18 years, we were spoiled and felt immensely proud of our team and our town. It was never going to last, but should never have plummeted to the depths we are at now. Until the club and fans take everything to do with the club by the scruff of the neck and realise where we are is our fault, i don't think things will improve. Every opponent in this league gives 10% extra against "Big Team" Falkirk as that is how we come across to the opposition. Until we have a team that is willing to match and go beyond this extra 10% every time they pull on the jersey i fear we will struggle. It shouldn't be difficult,as most have been giving 80% for seasons now. Passion and desire coupled with hard work costs nothing but for me we have to pay the minimum, with large win/promotion bonuses to attract the right attitude and ability(in that order!) to our club. The fans will match every bit of effort ten fold- of that i am sure, and the positives start to flow from there. One of the biggest seasons in our history coming up imo, we simply cannot afford to mess this one up.