The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

As shite as we've been, those are roughly the 12 players I would keep. I'll say it again, lots of players have come in and out and ALL (read: every single one) have been crap. A few who have left us have gone up a league, been promoted with other sides etc. They cannot possibly all have been crap, they were just in a situation where everything has been collapsing for years.

If we keep those players and add some grit, we will be fine. That's been the case for years though, so who knows if we will, but we can't just keep calling everybody crap and pretend it's got nothing to do with our set-up.

A midfield of Alston, Miller and Telfer with Mutch in goal, Hall as one of the CBs and Morrison on one wing is absolutely fine. Dowds always put in a shift and we've barely seen Keena. It's not all doom and gloom, but a lot has to change around the team.

A midfield of Alston and Miller, f**k me gently. 

The Crunchie Initiative zoom tonight has been great so far. Pre-dates me but it's a great reminder of why we invest so much time, money and energy into the club. 

Simon Stainrod is the most incredible man to ever walk this earth.

So that's two guys with no reading comprehension in regards to the rest of my comment? I am not at all saying they were good this year. (Although I will defend last year's Miller until the end)

Every. Single. One. of our players has been shite for 4 years. Once they leave, they are no longer all shite. I believe the same could go for those. 

Alston would end up in the Championship and be fine, Miller perhaps closer to our level. We are not signing anybody better than those two.

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Alston would end up in the Championship and be fine

Where he would or wouldn’t end up is totally irrelevant. He plays for us at the moment and has done absolutely nothing this season. He is totally invisible in games.

If there genuinely were championship clubs interested, we should be biting their hands off.

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

As shite as we've been, those are roughly the 12 players I would keep. I'll say it again, lots of players have come in and out and ALL (read: every single one) have been crap. A few who have left us have gone up a league, been promoted with other sides etc. They cannot possibly all have been crap, they were just in a situation where everything has been collapsing for years.

If we keep those players and add some grit, we will be fine. That's been the case for years though, so who knows if we will, but we can't just keep calling everybody crap and pretend it's got nothing to do with our set-up.

A midfield of Alston, Miller and Telfer with Mutch in goal, Hall as one of the CBs and Morrison on one wing is absolutely fine. Dowds always put in a shift and we've barely seen Keena. It's not all doom and gloom, but a lot has to change around the team.

Can you give me a wee clue who’s left us and been good? Surely you’re not referring to the likes of Buchanan and the Queens Park mob?

Also, a midfield of Alston and Miller with Mutch in goal, Hall at CB and Dowds up front is terrifying. Surely it’s not too much to ask for better than that?

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The Crunchie Initiative zoom tonight has been great so far. Pre-dates me but it's a great reminder of why we invest so much time, money and energy into the club. 

His first 3 games for us were meh then bang he hit the ground running,Killie away i was screaming cross cross and then he just scored,

I think the fact is those 12 players won't win you the title as shown last season. We need quality in to supplement the squad we have leftover.

Mutch

Williamson New Dixon New

Morrison Telfer New Connolly

New Keena

Subs:

Dowds - Think there's more to come from him so I'd be fine with him staying

Alston - Big improvement needed

Miller - Dream if he was gone but fat chance

Hall - Really want him gone

Kelly - Wouldn't mind him leaving

Sneddon - Assume he'll be going into the development squad

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Looking forward to the 91 event tonight, can wallow in nostalgia and forget about the current situation for a hour or two.

It was absolutely brilliant. Difficult not to get a bit emotional thinking back and comparing and contrasting where we are now. 

I would encourage anyone who didn't dial into that Zoom to buy the replay if they offer it. We have been shit for years but that was a reminder of the defining confidence that I always considered Falkirk teams to have. We will get back to that at some point. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I was 26 back then and still single. I really want guys like yourselves and my two sons who are clearly very very fond on this club being able to experience something close to it again. 

Looking back you just don’t realise how vivid some of the memories are and how fondly you think back on them. 

Nothing has really come close since. We were taking 2/3000 to away games towards the end of the season. The game at Christmas at Kirkcaldy they talked about we were magnificent second half. Oh I could go on all not. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was 26 back then and still single. I really want guys like yourselves and my two sons who are clearly very very fond on this club being able to experience something close to it again. 

Looking back you just don’t realise how vivid some of the memories are and how fondly you think back on them. 

Nothing has really come close since. We were taking 2/3000 to away games towards the end of the season. The game at Christmas at Kirkcaldy they talked about we were magnificent second half. Oh I could go on all not. 

It was before I was born unfortunately (by about 3 weeks :) )

My old man has always said of Stainrod "he didn't just want to beat the opposition, he wanted to publicly humiliate them". That to me has always been what Falkirk should be about - win as much as you can but go out and assert dominance regardless of the result.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

93 94 is my all time favourite season, but 90 91 was amazing too.

A bunch of right hardy b*****ds who never gave up and couldn't half play too. My kids are teenagers and really keen on football so it's absolutely heartbreaking to have to suffer with them the utter horseshit we have dealt up for the last 5 years.

I describe games like the Motherwell and PT cup games, Stainrod at McDiarmid, Greg Shaw at EEP title wins and bouncing around like mad and it's like a different world to them. They had some good days when they were younger but they are ripe now for life changing memories and the side are so rubbish I can barely bring myself to even put us all through it by watching the matches. So grim.

Imagine asking our squad last season in front of a camera 

"Who was your toughest opponent?"

"Nobody" 

😂

I believe him too. Every player in our squad last year cacking their drawers for a home game against Forfar.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Where he would or wouldn’t end up is totally irrelevant. He plays for us at the moment and has done absolutely nothing this season. He is totally invisible in games.

If there genuinely were championship clubs interested, we should be biting their hands off.

Aye ok, sack everyone and bring in another bunch of players like Tidser and co that magically turn to shite, then we can hound them out next year. Canny wait!

7 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With respect your post is  incorrect  and way off the mark, “reduce the club to laughing stock status” really ? 

Well, yes really. There's a thread dedicated to it in fact 🤔

FFC has been on a strictly downward trajectory since Eddie May's appointment. We've been here before with new starts and promised 'root and branch' reviews, to little effect.

What is incorrect in what I posted, out of interest?