The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Could also be the club are taking care of the injured players before announcing their departure! The initial list didn’t have a single player that has been out injured! 

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I would imagine that theres very few players that’s been given a guarantee of a contract, including those signed contractually for this season. As posted many players will have contracts ending last week in May, with likely probable outcome  that our new manager will have final say . 

So you suspect the new manager to be in place within the next week or two?

36 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

So you suspect the new manager to be in place within the next week or two?

The way the club is being run it is more likely the new manager to be in place a week or two before the season kicks off.

Lets be blunt managing FFC is not an attractive position to take. It will be a last resort and it will show in the quality of the appointment.

Untrustworthy board of directors. Track record on no loyalty to the manager. Talentless squad. No youth academy. No sellable assets.

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I’d flip it and say that they would want someone in as soon as possible.
Many on here forget that the majority of the new board members have not been here that long, but agree one or two mistakes have been made, but still wouldn’t call them untrustworthy, however that may follow.

I still think the position will be seen by many as a great career move, albeit a massive job of creating  yet another new team, and the expectations of all of us that have endured so many horrific seasons.

Deans has had a mixed bag I agree. The apointment of Gow and also the delay in sacking M&M being two main errors. Could also argue his appointment of Gary Holt is on shakey grounds but as I have said previously Holt needs to have a chance to show what he can do as a DOF first before we write him off. The crunchie initiative situation hasn't helped matters especially when tensions were high with our shocker of an end to the season.

Securing the rawlins investment which in turn funds the start of the academy regeneration is exactly what we as fans wanted so that's a positive. Noticeable as well the amount of accountancy sponsors we've had lately which I imagine will be at least partly down to Deans. 

He mentioned previously when the rawlins deal went through that the plan was to have a 3 pronged strategy with the Rawlins, Businessmen and a set of Fan investment as well. We're still waiting on the fan part of that being implemented which is argueably the most important part especially right now how low we've fallen. I'm hoping it's not another broken promise like the 'go source 700k and we'll sell you the club' that fell through as soon as an outside bidder came to town. We need Falkirk people in there helping make the decisions for our football club. As otherwise I fear like many others the new managment appointment will be the wrong one again. 

Deans for me has talked a good game except for telling the press we want to demolish every team on the park this season, we can all think it just better not saying it out loud. It's time for him now to back up all his talk with the correct appointment and getting fan investment secured and over the line.

46 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The way the club is being run it is more likely the new manager to be in place a week or two before the season kicks off.

Lets be blunt managing FFC is not an attractive position to take. It will be a last resort and it will show in the quality of the appointment.

Untrustworthy board of directors. Track record on no loyalty to the manager. Talentless squad. No youth academy. No sellable assets.

Nonsense

Most of the Board are new and are trying to sort the mess out.

Left to you, we might as well call it a day!

Get a grip.

On 13/05/2021 at 11:29, FFC 1876 said:

If we are indeed in discussions to keep everyone that is leftover in that squad and if they all signed on for next season we'd have a base squad of 12, also assuming Williamson does indeed join and that Sneddon will be in the development squad. All if, buts and maybes but I like trying to build a picture.

Goalkeeper

Robbie Mutch

Defenders

Ryan Williamson

Ben Hall

Paul Dixon

Sean Kelly

Midfielders

Blair Alston

Gary Miller

Callumn Morrison

Charlie Telfer

Aidan Connolly

Strikers

Anton Dowds

Aidan Keena

Jeezo, that looks like one of those levels in Football Manager where you choose an impossible scenario to take on. You know - your team are 15 points adrift at the bottom of the table with 8 games to go, save them from relegation. 

This is like that. A team of utter dross, a dysfunctional board, unhappy fan base - now go get promotion. 

That is a dreadful side. But sadly I think we will be stuck with the seven under contract as we can't afford to pay them off, with the possible exception of Morrison who I wouldn't be surprised if his agent isn't currently hawking him about to championship sides. 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I’m afraid this is nonsense.

Jobs in football are like hens teeth and despite the issues afflicting FFC that you have rightly pointed out there will be no shortage of interested parties.

Not as attractive a proposition as we were when Eddie May was bullied into the job certainly but still a decent job in Scottish football terms.

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

one or two mistakes have been made, but still wouldn’t call them untrustworthy.

Wow. Take as you find I suppose.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

I’m sure everyone at the club is under no illusions of the enormous task in front of us. 

Interesting adoption of the word “us”. I would have thought “them” would have been more appropriate. No? Unless....

7 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

absolutely buzzing to see who Gaz has on his shortlist coyb !!!!!

No.1. Won't come 

No.2. Doesn't want it.

No.3. Not interested

No 4. Maybe but gets a better offer.

No 5. Was going to then saw the squad.

No 6. Aye might aswell nothing else better to do.

26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I’m afraid this is nonsense.

Jobs in football are like hens teeth and despite the issues afflicting FFC that you have rightly pointed out there will be no shortage of interested parties.

Not as attractive a proposition as we were when Eddie May was bullied into the job certainly but still a decent job in Scottish football terms.

78 days until our first league game, somebody will be in place by the end of this month

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wow. Take as you find I suppose.

Interesting adoption of the word “us”. I would have thought “them” would have been more appropriate. No? Unless....

Maybe he feels an affinity to the club such as makes him use the first person plural.

I tend to use ‘we’ quite a lot when referring to my lifelong football team.

Doesnt matter how bad things get I’ll see it through to the end.

Hopefully, there should be some news soon.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Deans has had a mixed bag I agree. The apointment of Gow and also the delay in sacking M&M being two main errors. Could also argue his appointment of Gary Holt is on shakey grounds but as I have said previously Holt needs to have a chance to show what he can do as a DOF first before we write him off. The crunchie initiative situation hasn't helped matters especially when tensions were high with our shocker of an end to the season.

Securing the rawlins investment which in turn funds the start of the academy regeneration is exactly what we as fans wanted so that's a positive. Noticeable as well the amount of accountancy sponsors we've had lately which I imagine will be at least partly down to Deans. 

He mentioned previously when the rawlins deal went through that the plan was to have a 3 pronged strategy with the Rawlins, Businessmen and a set of Fan investment as well. We're still waiting on the fan part of that being implemented which is argueably the most important part especially right now how low we've fallen. I'm hoping it's not another broken promise like the 'go source 700k and we'll sell you the club' that fell through as soon as an outside bidder came to town. We need Falkirk people in there helping make the decisions for our football club. As otherwise I fear like many others the new managment appointment will be the wrong one again. 

Deans for me has talked a good game except for telling the press we want to demolish every team on the park this season, we can all think it just better not saying it out loud. It's time for him now to back up all his talk with the correct appointment and getting fan investment secured and over the line.

Are the current board volunteers or are they paid? If they are volunteers then they should be at least applauded for trying to sort out the mess we are in - if they are paid then for me their coats should be on a shoogly peg because they have evidently failed to get us over the line in a part time league! 

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Are the current board volunteers or are they paid? If they are volunteers then they should be at least applauded for trying to sort out the mess we are in - if they are paid then for me their coats should be on a shoogly peg because they have evidently failed to get us over the line in a part time league! 

As far as I am aware they are NOT paid.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

The directors are not paid for their roles as directors. Obviously though Kieran Koszary is an employee and paid for being commercial director. 

Actually astonished anyone believes the 'new BoD' is going to make any difference to how FFC us run, given they were installed by the same tired old gang. Their club don't forget, not yours or ours.

Fan investment/ownership is the only change Is like to see and the only thing that will repair some of the immense damage done to this club over the last few years.

Gary Holt I'm sure is a pleasant chap, but he comes over far too laid back for the role he's been entrusted with.

A role he himself suggested he wasn't ready for in his first interview. Take a moment to reflect on the implications of that.

Our current custodians are happy to reduce this club to laughing stock status, and don't seem remotely embarrassed. Holt, and Deans for that matter appear to simply be extra bodies to throw under the bus.

Hope I'm wrong, probably not though.

#notapennymore

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Jeezo, that looks like one of those levels in Football Manager where you choose an impossible scenario to take on. You know - your team are 15 points adrift at the bottom of the table with 8 games to go, save them from relegation. 

This is like that. A team of utter dross, a dysfunctional board, unhappy fan base - now go get promotion. 

As shite as we've been, those are roughly the 12 players I would keep. I'll say it again, lots of players have come in and out and ALL (read: every single one) have been crap. A few who have left us have gone up a league, been promoted with other sides etc. They cannot possibly all have been crap, they were just in a situation where everything has been collapsing for years.

If we keep those players and add some grit, we will be fine. That's been the case for years though, so who knows if we will, but we can't just keep calling everybody crap and pretend it's got nothing to do with our set-up.

A midfield of Alston, Miller and Telfer with Mutch in goal, Hall as one of the CBs and Morrison on one wing is absolutely fine. Dowds always put in a shift and we've barely seen Keena. It's not all doom and gloom, but a lot has to change around the team.

Edited by Gollum