The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

We've just witnessed one of the biggest arse collapses in recent Scottish footballing history which resulted in us finishing 5th in the Scottish third tier -  our worst league finish in 43 years - and very few people at the management level of the club seem to be taking any responsibility or even considering their own positions in light of this. I think people having a wee moan on an online forum is pretty well-justified. 

From the lead we had when in first place, there certainly hasn’t been anything comparable that has taken a team from 1st to 5th in that sort of time frame this side of World War 2. Even the official site ignoring the Airdrie game completely is like trying to persuade people that it never actually took place. It’s amazing that when things get as bad as that, even laughable spin doctoring has to stop, and the only strategy is not to even recognise that it happened.

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

Drivel football that's got Airdrie on the brink of the Championship, more wins than anybody else in the league and that's beaten your rabble 4/6 attempts (+2 draws) no less. 

I mind Airdrie fans giving him dogs abuse before the first game between the two clubs this season and now he's pep guardiola.😂

6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

If we hadn't announced Durnan's departure it would have leaked out anyway and, guess what, the club would have been slaughtered for not announcing it!

These things can be done much better than that. Of course, maybe they found him difficult to deal with, and so did it the way they did. It could have been done as a re-hash of the original group release statement, and it wouldn’t have had the impact of singling him out in this way. All it required was a bit thought.

For me, Holt singled him out for praise post Partick, so maybe he was trying to keep him, and simply fob him off to the new coach as a done deal once the rigorous process is finished.

As for the club “getting slaughtered”, they made their big decisions, they have dispensed with M&M, and they stand or fall by their governance and reputations. Still, as long as they can upwardly manage the Rawlins, I am sure they are all bulletproof.

Will Vaulks might genuinely be the last Falkirk player I absolutely adored.
Vaulks and Leahy. I was very high on Leahy in his last season and that goal against Hibs will be in my life as long as there is youtube.

What a fucking hit son.

Vaulks obviously ranks at 1 though. Professional, leader, good guy, first class shithouse, top notch talent and despite not being critical like Leahys, the absolute thundercunt of a strike he stuck in at Ibrox in 2015 will always be one of my favourite goals too.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Vaulks and Leahy. I was very high on Leahy in his last season and that goal against Hibs will be in my life as long as there is youtube.

What a fucking hit son.

Vaulks obviously ranks at 1 though. Professional, leader, good guy, first class shithouse, top notch talent and despite not being critical like Leahys, the absolute thundercunt of a strike he stuck in at Ibrox in 2015 will always be one of my favourite goals too.

That was a missile the one at Ibrox. Leahys goal from out on the wing away at livi was peach aswell. 

2 hours ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

What’s the latest on Ryan Williamson? Heard he had signed a pre contract with us but will that be out the window?

The bit I wonder about if true is who sanctioned it in the first place? I doubt that will happen now. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That was a missile the one at Ibrox. Leahys goal from out on the wing away at livi was peach aswell. 

I absolutely love a goal that looks in from the second it leaves the boot. That was a glorious example

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely agree. Another PR horror story. Maybe Holt was wanting him to stay, but they couldn’t reach an agreement. We will never know. If he was headed out the exit door anyway, then singling him out for the treatment they knew (or should have known) he would receive on social media is horrendous behaviour.
Whether this was released deliberately or not is irrelevant. It has caused a social media pile-on to a member of FFC staff. It has the potential to cause mental distress that could so easily have been avoided. 

The club needs to get some proper PR skills on the Board to end this kind of blunder from happening again and again ! 

9 hours ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Again, suspect there would have been a clause which allows him to break the contract should promotion not be attained. 

Given that a PCA is simply an indication of intent, and not a binding contract, no such clause is necessary. That is often why they are not announced.

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Couldn’t have put it better, another shop window dummy we’ve ensured for two years. PR skills ? Really ? Some need to get a grip of reality on here. We’re languishing in the third tier of Scottish football with the worst set of players that tossed this league, and now blaming the PR skills, couldn’t make it Fck.....up

No need to single him out if it wasn’t necessary, that’s the point. Stick on a release list or if it couldn’t wait because of other negotiations taking place then fair enough. If it’s deliberate treatment of one player then it shows the club, yet again, in a bad light and doesn’t do us any favours.

Of course, he needed punted.

12 hours ago, Gaz said:

Will Vaulks might genuinely be the last Falkirk player I absolutely adored.

Was he the guy who kept shooting on sight in the cup final?  Which made you end up with about 30 shots on target by the end?

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Was he the guy who kept shooting on sight in the cup final?  Which made you end up with about 30 shots on target by the end?

Aye Vaulks would shoot from anywhere. I do recall him fizzing one just over the bar early on in the final i'm sure.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Aye Vaulks would shoot from anywhere. I do recall him fizzing one just over the bar early on in the final i'm sure.

It made sense actually, given that Esson was beaten with two very tame free kicks in the SF from Van Dijk and Guidetti.

Folk still whining about Durnan. Jesus. It's info it's fed out once it comes available.  Doubt he gives a feck. People getting their knickers in a twist about feck all. If we'd been less bothered about what others think when it came to m and m they'd have been punted a lot sooner instead of after the last game before the bloody split.

State of these new accounts coming on to post about how it's bad PR the way Durnans release was announced. f**k me that's new levels petty. He is owed zero and was a player everyone wanted to see leave and one that everyone had a grumble about with him not being on the first list. Happily have the club announce each an every imposter that is being released in this fashion. My only gripe was the lack of trebuchet.