The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

United's board, management and coaching staff are completely different from 15 year ago. He's maybe kept in touch with the groundsman...

Once an Arab always an Arab. Would be like us saying Cove will be first in line to take players on loan from us next season as Hartley used to be our manager.

5 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Not a Durnan fan whatsoever but the club tweeting a released announcement for only him is horrendous. Just welcomes hoards of abuse from fans online. If there are more players released waiting to be announced then there’s no way he should have been singled out for the ridicule. He was a diddy but the effort was never lacking. 

Absolutely agree. Another PR horror story. Maybe Holt was wanting him to stay, but they couldn’t reach an agreement. We will never know. If he was headed out the exit door anyway, then singling him out for the treatment they knew (or should have known) he would receive on social media is horrendous behaviour.
Whether this was released deliberately or not is irrelevant. It has caused a social media pile-on to a member of FFC staff. It has the potential to cause mental distress that could so easily have been avoided. 

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Shame you don't get 10% forever on the transfer fees.

Perhaps we would. If Rotherham had a sell on clause, say 10%, then that would increase the total money that they received for him. That would mean we would be entitled to our percentage of the additional money received. 

31 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Newcastle looking to buy Will Vaulks for 7 million.

Well done ! he deserves the big time.

One of the games good guys !

That is fantastic news. If any player deserves it, it’s him. If he had been with us for a few years, he might have given Crunchie and Stainrod a bit of competition.

I suspect that we are still trying to sign the players who are out of contract but not on the released list. This would be on vastly reduced terms.  Those already released were just not wanted. Those yet to be released may be seen as offering depth to the squad. Afterall, the fifth best club in the third tier is hardly a selling point for any targets we might have.I

Durnan  would have been offered a deal and either refused it or has interest elsewhere

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I suspect that we are still trying to sign the players who are out of contract but not on the released list. This would be on vastly reduced terms.  Those already released were just not wanted. Those yet to be released may be seen as offering depth to the squad. Afterall, the fifth best club in the third tier is hardly a selling point for any targets we might have.I

Durnan  would have been offered a deal and either refused it or has interest elsewhere

Correct.

On 06/05/2021 at 22:33, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

No, you’re right. We should meekly accept our position of L1 status without question and accept every board decision that comes our way. I mean, why would some fans be upset about our current position, given that it wasn’t too long ago we were beating Hibs 

Hibs FFS.

It says a lot about the state of Falkirk football club that their fans list recent wins over Hibs as some sort of major achievement.

Hibs FFS

Episode 1 GIF by E4

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Perhaps we would. If Rotherham had a sell on clause, say 10%, then that would increase the total money that they received for him. That would mean we would be entitled to our percentage of the additional money received. 

I know in the case of Virgil van Dijk, his transfers always ensure a payday for his first club, FC Groningen. So hopefully, we made sure of some nice add-ons when making further transfers, international appearances.

Oh wait - we're Falkirk, right? Then, judging at how well the club arranges its affairs, we might actually have to pay something instead :(

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He actually played well over 100 times for us.

I agree totally. More of a club legend for me than the likes of Lee Miller. Played half a season for f**k all to get a contract and continually gave 100% for the cause. Good guy who deserves a move like this.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree totally. More of a club legend for me than the likes of Lee Miller. Played half a season for f**k all to get a contract and continually gave 100% for the cause. Good guy who deserves a move like this.

I actually love big Will Vaulks and am not ashamed to admit it.

On 09/05/2021 at 12:21, Maverick_- said:

Just to be clear, Ian Murray plays drivel football and basically relies on poor opponents to pick up points, the opposite of what we need. I'd actually much rather have Taylor/Grant and I'm about 75% sure that won't work either. 

Drivel football that's got Airdrie on the brink of the Championship, more wins than anybody else in the league and that's beaten your rabble 4/6 attempts (+2 draws) no less.