The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's a general, normal statement telling the fans that a player has left the club.  Are they supposed to wait and bung him in with other players leaving in 2 weeks, a months time?

The only reason it looks like it's feeding him to the wolves is the fact that he's fucking shite and has been everywhere he's played. If he was even an average ability player, this wouldn't be getting discussed as such IMO.

Possibly. 
We did release a statement last week regarding players departing the club. So we have either tried to retain him or his contract date was different from the rest. There are a number of players in his position so it seems bizarre to do a post just for his release when we might be tweeting another in a weeks time. The full club is a shambles so it’s easy to have these suspicions of trying to appease fans. 

Anyway, here’s hoping there are more to follow.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It's a general, normal statement telling the fans that a player has left the club.  Are they supposed to wait and bung him in with other players leaving in 2 weeks, a months time?

The only reason it looks like it's feeding him to the wolves is the fact that he's fucking shite and has been everywhere he's played. If he was even an average ability player, this wouldn't be getting discussed as such IMO.

Falkirk fans have long been a fairly critical or fickle bunch, more so than most clubs it seems. Whilst the past season was enough to sicken even the most forgiving of supporters it does appear to be the case that some of us have turned into a crowd of moaning feckers. The Durnan thing as an example shows that some folk will criticise the club no matter what they do, damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Recent events have seen some of our more positive fans turn although there are some who seem to be using the whole situation to be more vocally critical because that's what they like to do and there are a couple, who I think have joined the forum fairly recently, who possibly aren't Falkirk fans at all as very nearly everything they say is having a dig or being critical to the fans, BOD, Holt, management, players or whatever else takes their fancy.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Falkirk fans have long been a fairly critical or fickle bunch, more so than most clubs it seems. Whilst the past season was enough to sicken even the most forgiving of supporters it does appear to be the case that some of us have turned into a crowd of moaning feckers. The Durnan thing as an example shows that some folk will criticise the club no matter what they do, damned if they do, damned if they don't. 

Recent events have seen some of our more positive fans turn although there are some who seem to be using the whole situation to be more vocally critical because that's what they like to do and there are a couple, who I think have joined the forum fairly recently, who possibly aren't Falkirk fans at all as very nearly everything they say is having a dig or being critical to the fans, BOD, Holt, management, players or whatever else takes their fancy.

Christ I like a good feckin moan as everyone knows but complaining about a player being announced as released because he's on his own. Christ feck me .

Just seems like another thing the club can’t do right. Ideal scenario  is he’s on another list but maybe it wasn’t possible this time so he had to get the single treatment. 

I see the moaning, PR side of it, I see the folk saying it’s OTT. One things for sure, it’s not uplifting news (just a necessary step).

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hall and Miller next please. The rest could probably form the base for a competent squad at this level.

Goalkeepers

Robbie Mutch

Defenders

Paul Dixon

Blair Sneddon

Ben Hall

Sean Kelly

Midfielders

Gary Miller

Charlie Telfer

Aidan Connolly

Callumn Morrison

Blair Alston

Strikers

Anton Dowds

Aidan Keena

Waiting for the club to announce the early bird special with Durnan's departure as motivation to sign up for more torture next season.

The board could also spin this saying that they listened to the fans in not renewing that centre back / confidence trickster's contract

We've just witnessed one of the biggest arse collapses in recent Scottish footballing history which resulted in us finishing 5th in the Scottish third tier -  our worst league finish in 43 years - and very few people at the management level of the club seem to be taking any responsibility or even considering their own positions in light of this. I think people having a wee moan on an online forum is pretty well-justified. 

Looking ahead to next season there's a massive rebuild to be done. Obviously still got our new manager to come in but interested to see peoples opinions on players from our league or in Scotland that stood out this season that you'd want us to be looking at? For me our most important signings have to be two new centre midfielders who can dictate the play and get about the park. For too long we've been one dimensional in there and the dimension has been hoofball. 

I'd take Ray Grant and I'd be at Dundee United for Neilson back for another season on loan. 

He was very good with us. Probably one of my favourite CB based on his time with us. But out with his time with us your point stands.

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Looking ahead to next season there's a massive rebuild to be done. Obviously still got our new manager to come in but interested to see peoples opinions on players from our league or in Scotland that stood out this season that you'd want us to be looking at? For me our most important signings have to be two new centre midfielders who can dictate the play and get about the park. For too long we've been one dimensional in there and the dimension has been hoofball. 

I'd take Ray Grant and I'd be at Dundee United for Neilson back for another season on loan. 

No chance of Neilson if he does go out on loan it will be to a championship club most likely Thistle with the McColl connection to DU.

Have to be realistic we ain't a concern many want to work for.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No chance of Neilson if he does go out on loan it will be to a championship club most likely Thistle with the McColl connection to DU.

He's still only 18 and given we played him for the majority of the season I don't think Dundee United would be adverse to sending him back if he's not going to play there. Also guessing it was Holt who managed to secure the three loans from Dundee United so could be a connection remaining there.

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What connection does McCall have to Utd??

Apart from being sacked by them like 15 years ago of course!

Edited by Ecosse83

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Thank f**k Durnans away, Hall next please but I don’t see Miller or Alston going anyway.

Noticed Dixon is continuing to nurse back from his knee injury, definitely someone I’d like to be kept if fitness allows it. Good back up left back/centre back with plenty experience.

I can't see Alston going I think he will do a Sammon and sit tight picking up a wage for another season while contributing nothing, Miller wants chased though. He's absolutely done, fucking awful decision to give him a two year contract. One was enough. 

31 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What connection does McCall have to Utd??

Apart from being sacked by them like 15 years ago of course!

Relationships are built up in the background with people you work with that continue when you move on.

Does not alter the fact Falkirk will not be 1st 2nd 3rd choice for any half decent players looking for a club.

They  look at the clusterfuck we are from top to bottom and move on.

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Relationships are built up in the background with people you work with that continue when you move on.

Does not alter the fact Falkirk will not be 1st 2nd 3rd choice for any half decent players looking for a club.

They  look at the clusterfuck we are from top to bottom and move on.

United's board, management and coaching staff are completely different from 15 year ago. He's maybe kept in touch with the groundsman...

2 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Possibly. 
We did release a statement last week regarding players departing the club. So we have either tried to retain him or his contract date was different from the rest. There are a number of players in his position so it seems bizarre to do a post just for his release when we might be tweeting another in a weeks time. The full club is a shambles so it’s easy to have these suspicions of trying to appease fans. 

Anyway, here’s hoping there are more to follow.

Yip and trust me, the club know all too well about the social media reaction that tweet would cause. 

It’s either deliberate or negligent but either way it’s not a good look for the clubs PR

Just to be clear, Ian Murray plays drivel football and basically relies on poor opponents to pick up points, the opposite of what we need. I'd actually much rather have Taylor/Grant and I'm about 75% sure that won't work either. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]