The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Van_damage said:

If you like listening about the good old days then please join in on our 1991 reunion night. Raising money for the Chris Mitchell Foundation and Falkirk Football Heritage. You can ask questions to Sammy, Crawford, Silky and Deeks. Also have clips from interviews with Jim and Billy, Gordon Marshall and Stainrod himself. 

Sorry for jumping in with the sale spiel been plugging it like mad as ticket sales have been slow. Will be a good night in though, this Friday at 8pm. 

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yA2JygwoQ3mjlPTEkAeEyQ

Hello, I bought my ticket on Saturday night.  I saw the post about only 38 tickets being sold at that time so it prompted me to.  looking forward to it and hope you get more responses.  I've invited a few of my mates so hopefully they will sign up too. 

The Sun and the Record would claim Rangers/Celtic legend status for someone who played 5 minutes for the boys team 20 years ago if they could shoehorn the club name into the headline and appeal to their readership. 
See also, the SFWA inexplicably shoe horning Nathan Patterson in to the young player of the year noms.

The sports media in this country is way beyond pathetic

11 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We're going to end up with someone really fucking shite as manager.. you can just see it coming with these clowns.

Strong rumour kicking about that a Scottish club are showing an interest in  Mark McGhee 

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just keep reminding ourselves of who is involved in this “rigorous process with checks and balances”. Gary Holt, the Rawlins(???) an accountant, a PR type, an advertising sales guy, and one or two other Board members who shift around in the background. Fill you with confidence? No, me neither.

They are losing cash hand over fist, and already I think I can say with some certainty that Leeann Dempster will have Queens Park’s structure set out and organised before our Chairman and Board knows what day of the week it is......and if they think Neil McCann was going to create a mad rush for ST sales, that should tell everyone that even now, they are going down the same well worn path all over again.
Lessons learned? How can a group learn lessons when they think they are always right in the first place? Amongst the plethora of skills glaringly missing in our Boardroom, I think a wee bit of humility wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m really too auld to get all het up by a football club’s boardroom messes, and I hesitate to use the the word “hate”, so I will settle for “detest”. I absolutely detest every bit of dysfunctional arrogance that calls itself the Board of Falkirk Football Club. It truly is a ship of self important preening fools. That none of them has had the grace to step down after delivering the worst league leader collapse since WW2 tells me that even now, there is not a shred of accountability or responsibility in the building, and all of this “get a coach in quick” rigorous process is just their latest line in horseshit.

I don’t disagree with a lot of that. But nearly all of the board haven’t even been in post for a year. 

Gary Deans doesn’t inspire confidence and I’d rather the Rawlins got someone they trust in that position. But I’m not convinced that just changing the board annually when the team don’t perform in the pitch is sustainable or conducive to success.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

The Sun and the Record would claim Rangers/Celtic legend status for someone who played 5 minutes for the boys team 20 years ago if they could shoehorn the club name into the headline and appeal to their readership. 

The Daily Record has taken the old firm connection requirement to a whole new level with their "Ex-Celtic WAG" articles.

42 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'd rather have Debbie 

Reporting from just outside Dallas, Debbie would do you fine.

In a related note, wondering why the love-in for all the established names? Seems this might be the ideal time to take the chance on an up and comer rather than someone from the same old list. Is it a risk, hell yes, but what isn’t a risk in just recycling another “experienced top-level manager.

P.S. Dobbie might be interesting, in the correct formations, but lives too far away.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

In a related note, wondering why the love-in for all the established names? Seems this might be the ideal time to take the chance on an up and comer rather than someone from the same old list. Is it a risk, hell yes, but what isn’t a risk in just recycling another “experienced top-level manager.

P.S. Dobbie might be interesting, in the correct formations, but lives too far away.

M&M were us taking a chance on an up and comer and look how that panned out. We need someone with managerial experience. Someone who's been there before and now knows how to change a game if it's not going our way.

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

M&M were us taking a chance on an up and comer and look how that panned out. We need someone with managerial experience. Someone who's been there before and now knows how to change a game if it's not going our way.

M&M weren't "up and comers". They had absolutely no experience and no evidence whatsoever that they were management material in any way.

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

M&M weren't "up and comers". They had absolutely no experience and no evidence whatsoever that they were management material in any way.

He listed Dobbie so I was just using his definition of an up and comer. I'm well aware they were honking.

Edited by FFC 1876

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Chesty Morgan wil sort it all out on an x rated zoom call . As soon as she got involved everything seems to have gone tits up. 

Edited by Stainrod

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Debbie, what did you see in the millionaire Phil Rawlins ??

Ah the memories come flooding back of that interview with the late great Caroline Aherne 🤣

Edited by Harry Kinnear

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t disagree with a lot of that. But nearly all of the board haven’t even been in post for a year. 

Gary Deans doesn’t inspire confidence and I’d rather the Rawlins got someone they trust in that position. But I’m not convinced that just changing the board annually when the team don’t perform in the pitch is sustainable or conducive to success.

...,but a Board made up of people who knew what they were doing would be a really good start. I cannot speak in regard to the Rawlins, but having been in a role for a year still allows individuals to cause immense damage. The mess we were in allowed them the opportunity to start getting a lot of things right quite quickly....but it hasn’t happened.

From my personal perspective, they are on a fast track to be worse than what they have replaced, and that takes some doing.

I don’t know if the McCann thing is true or not. I would guess neither party will confirm or deny. If there is indeed a shred of truth to it, then the “rigorous process” PR is just another choice piece of Boardroom PR rubbish churned out to give the support a sense that maybe this time, they know what they are doing. I won’t hold my breath.

If ever we needed the Patrons to take a deep breath, re-form and have another go at bringing some sanity to FFC, it’s now.