The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Of the players out of contract, I’d happily keep Dixon, Telfer and possibly Kelly (who I don’t think was fit since he came back). Connolly could be an asset if he stayed fit, but there’s little chance of that happening.

Alston and Miller absolutely must be moved on imo as one is done and the other has contributed absolutely nothing.

I wouldn't be fussed with Kelly staying he never really looked fit all season and going forward he never really offered anything.

I’d say upfront is where we really need to strengthen. A big issue we’ve had is not being able to replace McManus’s goals.

Keena I would look to move on- he hasn’t offered enough even when fit this season. The fact he couldn’t get a game ahead of Sammon says it all.

I also wouldn’t offer Dowds a new contract. He is still young but has offered very little imo.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Aye because this page is at the cutting edge of managerial nuggets.

Campbell was just a shout, not a ringing endorsement. I get the McKinnon detractors but we’re a club in the middle of league 1, some folk should adjust their expectations.

Imagine being a club in the middle of League One and wanting to rehire the manager who is like 75%+ of the reason we are in the middle of League One

I see McCann has knocked us back. What happened to rigorous interview process with applicants only? We went down the approach a manager who never actually applied route with Hartley 

Edited by bairn88

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

The Morton/Alloa games were the killers for him. Yes, the league 1 campaign was going awry after a decent start too. 

I think there’s unfinished business there. He probably wouldn’t make it to two years with us again but I think he could get us out of the division we’re in.

Give it a rest Raymond, you are not getting the job.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I see McCann has knocked us back. What happened to rigorous interview process with applicants only? We went down the approach a manager who never actually applied route with Hartley 

Aye he had already accepted a job as a football advisor’s role with a leading agency.

Also, why are we approaching Neil McCann when folk were saying Stuart Taylor and Peter Grant were a certainty?

Also also, as said before, 'rigorous interview process with applicants' ≠ asking folk who are going to turn you down. I genuinely wouldn't trust this bunch to microwave my dinner, nevermind pick a manager.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Surely the Neil Mccann story is just the sun up to their normal shite. Granted if there's truth in the fact it won't be him i'm happy with that, wee arrogant swine. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was more a case of us asking him if he wanted considered for the role and him turning that down as he's too good for an interview in his mind. 

Advertise, let people show their own interest in the role, shortlist, interview the shortlist and employ the best candidate. 

Surely the Neil Mccann story is just the sun up to their normal shite. Granted if there's truth in the fact it won't be him i'm happy with that, wee arrogant swine. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was more a case of us asking him if he wanted considered for the role and him turning that down as he's too good for an interview in his mind. 
Advertise, let people show their own interest in the role, shortlist, interview the shortlist and employ the best candidate. 

The actual printed story is that we were merely sounding out his interest but he has already accepted a job elsewhere.
As usual blown out of proportion ....

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

This.

Somebody who applies for the role will want it and bust a gut doing the job, asking somebody who hasn't applied will give them a feeling of superiority and they won't do the job properly.

One Volunteer is Worth Ten Pressed Men | Imperial War Museums

Just keep reminding ourselves of who is involved in this “rigorous process with checks and balances”. Gary Holt, the Rawlins(???) an accountant, a PR type, an advertising sales guy, and one or two other Board members who shift around in the background. Fill you with confidence? No, me neither.

They are losing cash hand over fist, and already I think I can say with some certainty that Leeann Dempster will have Queens Park’s structure set out and organised before our Chairman and Board knows what day of the week it is......and if they think Neil McCann was going to create a mad rush for ST sales, that should tell everyone that even now, they are going down the same well worn path all over again.
Lessons learned? How can a group learn lessons when they think they are always right in the first place? Amongst the plethora of skills glaringly missing in our Boardroom, I think a wee bit of humility wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m really too auld to get all het up by a football club’s boardroom messes, and I hesitate to use the the word “hate”, so I will settle for “detest”. I absolutely detest every bit of dysfunctional arrogance that calls itself the Board of Falkirk Football Club. It truly is a ship of self important preening fools. That none of them has had the grace to step down after delivering the worst league leader collapse since WW2 tells me that even now, there is not a shred of accountability or responsibility in the building, and all of this “get a coach in quick” rigorous process is just their latest line in horseshit.

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

100% our recruitment has been shocking and I think a director of football is a good idea in order to change that and take some of the pressure off the next manager, allowing them to focus on training and setting the team up correctly. But I don't agree if the manager doesn't get the final say on the players he has to work with and set up as a team.

Just adds one more to the mix IMO. If the next manager does bad and the players don’t perform, is it a poor coach or poor recruitment.  If a manager does perform well is it because of the DoF or in spite of him? 

I understand the model and the argument for it but it still ultimately falls down to two things which are, results and performances. For a club the size of ours would it not be better to just make sure we get the right guy in and use the DoF wage to help do that. Look at the way St.Johnstone and Motherwell have operated. They seem to have succession planning in place and pick a manager to suit the clubs style and expectation. 

We were struggling for a while and despite being top of the league anyone with an eye in their head could see M and M weren’t up to it. Why was our board and DoF caught sleeping? 

McKinnon being away is good. At least now when we get bodied off QP its only the excuses about money wel need to suffer rsther than that smirking w**k.

Can hear Deans now giving it how the playoffs is a great result when you are sharing a league with the likes of Cove Ramgers and Queens Park.

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

'Rangers hero'.  Did he not play for about 10 years before and 10 year after he played for Rangers?

The Sun and the Record would claim Rangers/Celtic legend status for someone who played 5 minutes for the boys team 20 years ago if they could shoehorn the club name into the headline and appeal to their readership. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The Sun and the Record would claim Rangers/Celtic legend status for someone who played 5 minutes for the boys team 20 years ago if they could shoehorn the club name into the headline and appeal to their readership. 

See - Gordon Ramsay