The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
18 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Alloa living rent free in your head

I’ve genuinely not got a bad feeling towards Alloa. If anything, I like to see you do well. No one repaid the bucket and spade photo at Recreation Park because not one Falkirk fan cares. Literally the opposite of what you’re claiming.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

12 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Alloa living rent free in your head

One of the absolute worst cliches on here.

Genuinely nobody gives two, nay one f**k about Alloa, in fact I quite like them as my big pal from uni is a diehard.

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I’ve got a feeling one of Hall/Durnan will survive the cull along with Dixon, Telfer and Connolly. Possibly short term deals for the injured pair. 

Would love a couple of the 2 year deals to be mutually terminated into the bargain.

Agreed, would be too good to be true getting rid of both of them. I wouldn't mind Dixon, Telfer and Connolly staying. Gary Miller and Alston won't be going anywhere as nobody will be stupid enough to pay them anywhere near what we're probably giving them.

1 hour ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

You need to get on the Facebook page mate, Sol Campbell then Ray McKinnon, ooft!

Aye because this page is at the cutting edge of managerial nuggets.

Campbell was just a shout, not a ringing endorsement. I get the McKinnon detractors but we’re a club in the middle of league 1, some folk should adjust their expectations.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

I get we're taking a new route with the DOF but I really don't understand why we're making these decisions on players without the new managers say so.

Unless they've already been picked and we're just following due process...

Managers having to play players they never signed never goes down well especially when things start going south. Look at Marseille with Olivier Ntcham.

4 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Campbell was just a shout, not a ringing endorsement. I get the McKinnon detractors but we’re a club in the middle of league 1, some folk should adjust their expectations.

Have you seen our crowds mate?

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Any particular reason you think that? Considering he totally fucked the job the first time around.

He’s an absolutely dreadful manager.

The Morton/Alloa games were the killers for him. Yes, the league 1 campaign was going awry after a decent start too. 

I think there’s unfinished business there. He probably wouldn’t make it to two years with us again but I think he could get us out of the division we’re in.

5 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Well, I have recalibrated my expectations radar to its lowest frequency, and yes, there’s a blurry but distanced Ginger God just about making an image, and yes, there’s a shadowy figure that might even be Paul Hartley, but it’s so low on the screen, it’s hard to be sure. Definitely no McKinnon though. 

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Most won’t be too disappointed 

What you telling us here Banta? Reading between the lines Durnan will be on the list, please don’t let us down 🙏🏻 
We keeping anyone that’s out of contract? Be quite happy not to but expect we’ll keep a few. 

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I get your point, but let’s not forget we’ve endured  a brutal three seasons with players better suited to basketball, shop window dummies and Sunday pub football get togethers. 

100% our recruitment has been shocking and I think a director of football is a good idea in order to change that and take some of the pressure off the next manager, allowing them to focus on training and setting the team up correctly. But I don't agree if the manager doesn't get the final say on the players he has to work with and set up as a team.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I see where your coming from but do we really want to keep any of this lot ? I would say three maybe four I’d talk to about one year deals, the rest can go.

I would be more worried if a new manager came in and kept a majority........

True but I'm more concerned about it becoming the norm going forward with future signings. 

I wouldn't keep any of them. Why reward failure. The new manager might see it differently, but those players downed tools, if they can't even be arsed putting in a modicum of effort when things are going badly then they don't deserve to wear the shirt never mind get another contract. 

Of the players out of contract, I’d happily keep Dixon, Telfer and possibly Kelly (who I don’t think was fit since he came back). Connolly could be an asset if he stayed fit, but there’s little chance of that happening.

Alston and Miller absolutely must be moved on imo as one is done and the other has contributed absolutely nothing.