The Falkirk FC Thread

If Rawlins have very deep pockets, ask Stephen Robinson what he wants for wages to manage us for a season, get us up then if he gets a better offer he's free to go.  All the names being banded about are just a complete gamble which we cannot afford to do again. 

I like this idea and it would be a sign of the Rawlings making a difference and breaking out of our cycle of failure.
However, any new manager will have to be someone who wants to work for Gary Holt!

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

My biggest worry remains Holt being so heavily involved, despite having shown absolutely nothing to indicate he deserves such unchecked control.

I would expect that once Rawlins gets his feet under the desk properly that won't be the case. I'd be very surprised if someone with such a pile of experience in running football teams would allow their dof carte blanche to do anything he wanted.

21 hours ago, BooBairn said:

Praying the potential fans Q&A session happens in person, although can’t say I’m looking forward to the usual pish questions about working on shooting in training & picking up players from the juniors. 

There's always some old c**t who bangs on about wing forwards ...

28 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

There's always some old c**t who bangs on about wing forwards ...

Why are we signing players from the juniors. And why do we not have players on the post at corners.  That's the usual rubbish you get. I even mind some old punter asking Gary Holt when he was appointed manager whether he would be wearing a tracksuit or a suit.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Sportsound yesterday was discussing that John McGlynn has completely changed his coaching philosophy since working under Brendan Rodgers at Celtic and this has supported the improvement in Raith.

I wonder if Holt will look at candidates who have previously worked under progressive coaches and are now looking for an opportunity to be their own person ??

19 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Wanted to be Falkirk boss, but in typical fashion we rejected that idea.

The biggest mistake the club ever made. He even had Andy Gray lined up to be signed for Falkirk.

Group of young talent that Fergie could have done wonders with. Kennedy ( Stuart ) Kennedy ( John ) Beckett, Harley, Somner, McLeod, McCabe, Mitchell, Wheatley.

But No ! and the rest is history.

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The biggest mistake the club ever made. He even had Andy Gray lined up to be signed for Falkirk.

Group of young talent that Fergie could have done wonders with. Kennedy ( Stuart ) Kennedy ( John ) Beckett, Harley, Somner, McLeod, McCabe, Mitchell, Wheatley.

But No ! and the rest is history.

In fairness when he was retiring from managing and they were going over his career in the media, I;m pretty sure they said when he was sacked by StMirren the comment was he will never be a good manager

Let’s face it, if Holt is left to interview and select a new head coach,  if it turns out to be a fantastic appointment, the Board (with Deans at the forefront if he’s still there) will trample all over him to make sure the press know that they were the enablers of this wonderful appointment and the Board guided and supported Holt through our “rigorous selection process”.

Forget which genius said it, but essentially “you can get all sorts of wonderful stuff done provided you are happy for someone else to shove you aside and take the credit for themselves”.

Of course, if it’s another utterly awful appointment, Holt will be thrown under the bus, as it was he and he alone who was responsible for the appointment.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

It’s all about opinions, from today’s Daily Weegie, Provans take on our situation;

 ACCOUNTANTS rarely take a gamble, but Falkirk chairman Gary Deans put promotion on the line when sacking David McCracken and Lee Miller with the team sitting second in League One.

Deans’ punt blew up in his face with Falkirk taking one point from their last 12 to miss out on the play-offs.

If Deans wants to do the Bairns a favour, he’ll leave the appointment of a new coach to director of football Gary Holt.

It's an absolute cert that Provan hasn't seen one minute of any of our games and is basing his opinion solely on our full-time results.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It's an absolute cert that Provan hasn't seen one minute of any of our games and is basing his opinion solely on our full-time results.

I'm no defender of Deans, but Provan is doing Scottish football media 101.... Defend the gid fitbaw boays. Why even mention that Deans is an accountant? 

Also, Provan is a slavering w**k. 

20 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Listened to him on a podcast and comes across very well. Very determined to get on in the game and has the hunger and work ethic.

I'm sure there was an article the other day linking him with the England U21 job. He's been hopeless as a manager in England so far.