The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Mind yon time Dundeh had all the guys under a time of foreign investment and management. Had a few good players by Scottish standards tbf.

And yes I do recall it went horribly in the end. 

Used to see the Italian guys in charge of Dundee at Edinburgh Airport on a Monday morning.

It was like a Sopranos  day trip!

Edited by Reggie Perrin

57 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Remember it well, Chris Waddle being one that sticks in memory clearly. Must have sold a tonne of shirts with his name on.

We have 5 or 6 good years after we got rid of the deans - maybe it’s an omen 

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Remember it well, Chris Waddle being one that sticks in memory clearly. Must have sold a tonne of shirts with his name on.

My memories of Waddell weren't that fond. Used us for 3 games to get a bit of match fitness then fucked off to Bradford. 

The 2014/15 season saw us finish 5th in a Championship containing Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Livingston and very unluckily lose in the Scottish Cup Final. The same season, Montrose had to overcome a first leg defeat to Brora Rangers to win the 2nd leg 3-1 to remain in the league pyramid.

Now reflect on the fact that over the short period of time since then Montrose are a better team than us and think how badly our board have run our club.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

My memories of Waddell weren't that fond. Used us for 3 games to get a bit of match fitness then fucked off to Bradford. 

He was still class in those games. Just shows you how bad bannons side were when he could lose to East Fife with waddle in the side.

33 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The 2014/15 season saw us finish 5th in a Championship containing Hearts, Hibs, Rangers and Livingston and very unluckily lose in the Scottish Cup Final. The same season, Montrose had to overcome a first leg defeat to Brora Rangers to win the 2nd leg 3-1 to remain in the league pyramid.

Now reflect on the fact that over the short period of time since then Montrose are a better team than us and think how badly our board have run our club.

Hearts, Hibs and rangers but Livingston? They were honking back then.  We missed out on the playoffs to feckin queen of the south which was pretty poor back then.

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I point behind RR with nearly a quarter of a season to play, roll on12 months and RR one game away from the top division....

One game?? Surely 4?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Dunfermline staying down and Morton teetering on the brink of relegation. Funny. 

We were always staying down. Glad you got a chuckle though, has Durnan signed a new deal?

54 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Dunfermline staying down and Morton teetering on the brink of relegation. Funny. 

It’d be funny if we weren’t pure shit but a bit meh just now. 

I think Dunfermline would have been looking to go up this year as I think they invested heavily in salaries for the likes of Whittaker and Thomas.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’d be funny if we weren’t pure shit but a bit meh just now. 

I think Dunfermline would have been looking to go up this year as I think they invested heavily in salaries for the likes of Whittaker and Thomas.

Looks like Crawford's bound to be looking for a job soon.

i think i'll be saving my ST money this year and use it to go to the few away games that take my fancy.

f**k the board, they don't deserve the support and after 36 years of watching the team most weeks through thick and thin this is the final straw.

When you put it like that ... it’s been a remarkable period of time.