The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

We are not appointing Manager. We are appointing a Head Coach. The Director of Football is responsible for recruitment, contracts etc. He takes input from scouts, agents, contacts etc.  While the Head Coach may be asked for an opinion, it's not their responsibility to sign players. It is their role to coach the players at their disposal.

We have an American influence on the board now and this is how they do things in US sports.

You are dividing and conquering the role of Manager.  Why would you ask an ex-footballer to take over a managerial position when they had no experience of management.  Ross Wilson did the DoF role well for us in the past as that was his skilset. Top Managers have knowledge other than kicking a ball. Jack Ross has a degree in Economics. Arsenal Wenger has a degree in Politics and Economics.  

I was with you until you put Jack Ross and Arsenal Wenger in the same bracket.

7 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

We are not appointing Manager. We are appointing a Head Coach. The Director of Football is responsible for recruitment, contracts etc. He takes input from scouts, agents, contacts etc.  While the Head Coach may be asked for an opinion, it's not their responsibility to sign players. It is their role to coach the players at their disposal.

We have an American influence on the board now and this is how they do things in US sports.

You are dividing and conquering the role of Manager.  Why would you ask an ex-footballer to take over a managerial position when they had no experience of management.  Ross Wilson did the DoF role well for us in the past as that was his skilset. Top Managers have knowledge other than kicking a ball. Jack Ross has a degree in Economics. Arsenal Wenger has a degree in Politics and Economics.  

I've got a cousin called Kevin. He's got a degree in Economics, Maths, Physics & Bionics!

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Same week he was announced he was leaving Alloa at the end of the season. To be fair Stainrod did say the other night Holt was making decisions on players over the next few days and today we got a released list.

The notion that, three weeks ago, Holt was interviewing a manager still under contract to another club, for a vacancy that did not even exist, is far-fetched in the extreme.

I've yet to hear one coherent explanation or rationale as to what precise credentials or experience Gary Holt possesses that has seen him pretty much entrusted with the keys and carte blanche to run the football side of this club. His involvement with any first-team affairs should have ceased the minute the final whistle went at Airdrie on Tuesday. Massively unconvinced that this is the path we should be going down.

25 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Three weeks ago Miller and McCracken were still in position and Grant was still manager of Alloa Athletic.

Time flies when your having fun feels like three possibly two - grant was interviewed before the Airdrie game 

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Time flies when your having fun feels like three possibly two - grant was interviewed before the Airdrie game 

So neither two or three weeks ago then, more like a few days ago? Ok

Guest Ecosse83
20 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have been told Taylor will be head coach with Grant as asst

I’d take that! 

What's the appeal of Stuart Taylor other than he's a bit of an unknown quantity?  
His record isn't exactly great and he's been closely associated with serial failure Paul Lambert over the last few years.  
What am I missing? 

Brilliant coach, what the club are looking for.

Spoke to one of his ex-players (Limerick) and he was full of praise for his training methods, motivation, hunger and man management

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Spoke to one of his ex-players (Limerick) and he was full of praise for his training methods, motivation, hunger and man management

Hey you - enough of this positivity. 

48 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have been told Taylor will be head coach with Grant as asst

Would be more than happy with that. Probably explains why Dick and Hetherington are rumoured. Good experienced assistant.

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Far too positive for this thread.

Like the sound of it.

Hey you - enough of this positivity. 

All I meant was the club is looking for a coach, not a manager looking at the advert.