The Falkirk FC Thread

I actually think the new manager has already been picked. I’m pretty sure you legally have to advertise the job and go through an interview process so wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the shortlist by the 14th is all smoke and mirrors. I’m sure conversations will have taken place with potential managers on the weeks leading up to M&M getting the sack

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The released list sonfar is good but Durnan, Hall and Miller represent a triumvarate of shite attitude, lack of talent, and being past it that meeds to be emptied as a mtter of priority. Dont dislike Gary Miller but he isnt going to do a job

The other two are the cornerstones of our shiteness and keeping them is a vote against change. Get them out.

"That happens, we haven't had any luck, the majority of the defence has changed with injuries throughout the season and you're asking players like big Mark Durnan to come in and play even though he's not fully fit and he wants to do it because he knows what we're trying to achieve."

"That's the kind of character you need, you can talk about some frailties or technical ability and tactical knowledge but if you've got the desire and hunger it'll stand you in good stead."

That quote from Holt on the Falkirk Herald for me shows we'll be trying to keep Durnan. Which is a joke as if he wants to talk about character he should have a look at the video of Durnan defending that Partick 4th goal.

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

"That happens, we haven't had any luck, the majority of the defence has changed with injuries throughout the season and you're asking players like big Mark Durnan to come in and play even though he's not fully fit and he wants to do it because he knows what we're trying to achieve."

"That's the kind of character you need, you can talk about some frailties or technical ability and tactical knowledge but if you've got the desire and hunger it'll stand you in good stead."

That quote from Holt on the Falkirk Herald for me shows we'll be trying to keep Durnan. Which is a joke as if he wants to talk about character he should have a look at the video of Durnan defending that Partick 4th goal.

Yep. Its a real fucking joke for successive managers to keep giving this guy game time. An absolute clown. 

We've released the ones that not even their own maws would pick for a football team so fair enough.

I fully expect others to join the list once we get a new boss in, the defence especially is too full. we absolutely cannot go into another season with the chuckle bros at CH. 

38 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

The list is obviously far too short but would hope we can sort out something to get rid of at least 5 of those listed by "FFC 1876" above (The Chuckle Brothers, Alston, Miller and that big lump Kelly).

I went to my first game in 1996. Akeel Francis is comfortably in the bottom 5 worst players I've ever seen playing for Falkirk.

Robbie Leitch possibly the least bang for buck of any player in that period relative to number of appearances, outside of Leo Fasan of course.

I predict The Chuckle Brothers will start our opening League Cup tie as the centre back pairing.

Francis did score a couple of  goals so I couldn't put him near my bottom 5 even if restricted to from 96.

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The released list sonfar is good but Durnan, Hall and Miller represent a triumvarate of shite attitude, lack of talent, and being past it that meeds to be emptied as a mtter of priority. Dont dislike Gary Miller but he isnt going to do a job

The other two are the cornerstones of our shiteness and keeping them is a vote against change. Get them out.

Millar ain't an easy punt though. It will take an agreement on paying off his final year .

Dixon , , Durnan,  hall, Connolly, telfer all signed their one year deals in late July last year so maybe that's why they haven't been released yet.  The rest contracts are either about up or happy to get out now.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dixon , , Durnan,  hall, Connolly, telfer all signed there one year deals in late July last year so maybe that's why they haven't been released yet.  The rest contracts are either about up or happy to get out now.

Hopefully just a case of leaving them for the new manager to make a final decision on. 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully just a case of leaving them for the new manager to make a final decision on. 

Dixon and Connolly i could cope with Telfer shows up once in a blue moon but there have been more sightings of Nessie this year than there has of Telfer and done even go there with Durnan and Hall the fact we are staying in this shitey league is down to their atrocious defending along with the inability to score goals so theres your 2 biggest problem areas

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Dixon and Connolly i could cope with Telfer shows up once in a blue moon but there have been more sightings of Nessie this year than there has of Telfer and done even go there with Durnan and Hall the fact we are staying in this shitey league is down to their atrocious defending along with the inability to score goals so theres your 2 biggest problem areas

I'd have agreed with you last summer on Telfer but this season he was one of the only players that looked like creating anything in the games he played. 4 goals and 2 assists from 13 appearances in the league for a centre midfielder isn't a bad return at all. Had quite a few injuries this season though so like Connolly maybe not ideal to keep him on.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

If Connolly and Telfer could stay fit for a full season they're good options but if we are building a team based on them starting every week then we're on a hiding to nothing. If we keep them then I'd like them to be considered the backups for their positions and better/more reliable options signed for them to challenge.

That list of released players gives me overwhelming confidence that we're going about things the right way now! I'm definitely going to buy a season ticket and the new home and away kit.

COYB

Keep the faith

1 minute ago, MS RR said:

That list of released players gives me overwhelming confidence that we're going about things the right way now! I'm definitely going to buy a season ticket and the new home and away kit.

COYB

Keep the faith

We've still got a nucleus of dross that can cost us games though

8 minutes ago, MS RR said:

COYB

Keep the faith

😄

You hook so many with this patter every time!

10 minutes ago, MS RR said:

COYB

Keep the faith

Call yourself a fan, what about the third kit the ice blue european one.