The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Fully expect Alloa to be in the hunt next season with whoever fails in the play offs and Queens Park should be decent. God knows where we will end up.

I'm sure a local derby against Bo'ness United or Linlithgow Rose might be where we're headed (and it shows how far we've fallen when the Herald lists our win against Rose in the cup as a highlight of recent years)

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He only moved into centre back as Kingsley was coming through at the same time as him so he didn't reall have a choice. He was always a left back/left mid but could fill in at centre back if needed. 

Dick was always a left back and digged with Kyle Turnbull’s family when he was with our youth set up.

Mrs Turnbull rated him as a fine youngster.

I never rated him much but he’s obviously worked hard and never given up. Just the sort of characteristics we need.

16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Dick was always a left back and digged with Kyle Turnbull’s family when he was with our youth set up.

Mrs Turnbull rated him as a fine youngster.

I never rated him much but he’s obviously worked hard and never given up. Just the sort of characteristics we need.

When I watched him when he first joined academy he played predominantly centrehalf .  He later moved to left back as he moved through the ranks. My concerns would be his attacking side. Not sure his crossing is good enough for a side where he's expected to attack more than defend at this level.  Our recent fullbacks have all had that problem. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Would be happy with the signing of Liam Dick, he’s played over 100 championship games and at a good age at 25.

Looks a lot more mobile than Kelly as well which obviously isn't hard.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

He only moved into centre back as Kingsley was coming through at the same time as him so he didn't reall have a choice. He was always a left back/left mid but could fill in at centre back if needed. 

He suffered from the fact that Leahy found a settled position at LB too after Kingsley left. Dick and Leahy were contesting the position until Leahy got the nod. I remember thinking that I would have been happy to keep him on though and would be happy for him to come back too.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He still seems to be smarting over the McKinnon business. 

Yflab and his jibes about no major honours since 57’ is a fair shout but a slagging from a Morton fan, perhaps the dullest full time club about and still celebrating helping  to relegate a club (who needs honours, of any description) two years later, takes some beating. 

Yep, spot on. @virginton is a particularly sad individual who has f**k all of worth to say on anything football. His mantra is a pretty simple one of trolling on other teams sites, with the single aim of winding people up. A sad existence of a man who no doubt lives in a one bed flat overlooking a primary school in the Port, can't leave his flat due to fear of the world outside clocking him for the arse that he is. I feel sorry for him, thats a pretty sad existence, not a fulfilling lifeb at all.

Then again, he might actually be George Clooney, never been to the Port, with gallons of personality and a string of loveliest on his arm???? But......

Nae chuckle brothers on that release list is fucking terrifying. I’m going to be absolutely fucking seething if we even consider keeping they 2 on. Should’ve been first on the fucking list.

Remaining squad after that update, hopefully a fair few still to go.

Goalkeepers

Robbie Mutch

Defenders

Paul Dixon

Mark Durnan

Blair Sneddon

Ben Hall

Sean Kelly

Midfielders

Gary Miller

Charlie Telfer

Aidan Connolly

Callumn Morrison

Blair Alston

Strikers

Anton Dowds

Aidan Keena

I don’t disagree with any of them going but why are these decisions being made (and I presume decisions being made on new contracts for those staying) being made without a new manager in first? This needs asked at the “Q and A”

The list is obviously far too short but would hope we can sort out something to get rid of at least 5 of those listed by "FFC 1876" above (The Chuckle Brothers, Alston, Miller and that big lump Kelly).

I went to my first game in 1996. Akeel Francis is comfortably in the bottom 5 worst players I've ever seen playing for Falkirk.

Robbie Leitch possibly the least bang for buck of any player in that period relative to number of appearances, outside of Leo Fasan of course.

I predict The Chuckle Brothers will start our opening League Cup tie as the centre back pairing.

Just now, bairn88 said:

I don’t disagree with any of them going but why are these decisions being made (and I presume decisions being made on new contracts for those staying) being made without a new manager in first? This needs asked at the “Q and A”

The Director of Football is in place and he is presumably being tasked with assembling the squad. The First Team Coach will do the training and picking the team.

13 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

The 8 that have been let go were easily not good enough so I'm happy any new manager doesn't get an option over them. But I agree it makes absolutely no sense to be doing this before a manager has came in. Holt's supposed to be sorting out recruitment but the manager should have the final say on who comes in.

Edited by FFC 1876

The released list sonfar is good but Durnan, Hall and Miller represent a triumvarate of shite attitude, lack of talent, and being past it that meeds to be emptied as a mtter of priority. Dont dislike Gary Miller but he isnt going to do a job

The other two are the cornerstones of our shiteness and keeping them is a vote against change. Get them out.