The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Higher in Scottish football's pecking order than fucking Falkirk did, that's for sure.

Mind that time when we relegated you on your own midden and now you're a midtable seaside league outfit?

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

That clip still doesn't get any easier to watch. 

To be pedantic you didn't relegate us

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Higher in Scottish football's pecking order than fucking Falkirk did, that's for sure.

Mind that time when we relegated you on your own midden and now you're a midtable seaside league outfit?

Yip and you could be joining us next season.

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

Missing you. Looks like you'll fit right in.

Edited by kiddy

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

Scottish football doesn't hate Falkirk, it feels utter contempt for your jumped-up, Liverpool-esque sense of entitlement and injustice. 

Failure after failure, gormless statement by gormless statement, you are the gift that just keeps on giving.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

No, you’re right. We should meekly accept our position of L1 status without question and accept every board decision that comes our way. I mean, why would some fans be upset about our current position, given that it wasn’t too long ago we were beating Hibs and Rangers on a fairly regular basis? We all must be firmly, completely in the present, forget recent memories of better times and just be pleased of supporting our team/club/powers that be, come what may. 

Oh, the utopia.

Guest Ecosse83

I just want a semi competent manager after this shit show we have watched this season. Someone who knows how they want to play and actually sign players to play in that system. Our problem has been signing a bunch of mediocre players with no clue how we want to play then trying to fit them into over complicated formations

It’s not bloody rocket science! 

I still can’t stop laughing at Deans saying Holt was handed “the near impossible task” of getting 2 points from 4 games against Partick, Montrose, Cove. and Airdrie.

Like it was something only Ethan Hunt had a chance of pulling off. 
Another “no blame here, we are the BoD, and we decide who is to blame, and we are unanimous that it wasn’t us, so stop harping on about it”.

Just incredible. Holt really has nothing to do with this....he is irrelevant. The BoD are happy to have him there as a punchbag. It’s the Board that needs to fold. Nothing will change until the Board is changed. Their master plan seems to be that they will use the master plan from last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Never mind, sling up endless 50-50 adverts and everything will be fine. Maybe go for a re-brand as the Falkirk 50-50 Club....just drop the “Football” bit, and stick to what you see as important.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Montrose relegating your mob will be funnier tbf

13 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I still can’t stop laughing at Deans saying Holt was handed “the near impossible task” of getting 2 points from 4 games against Partick, Montrose, Cove. and Airdrie.

Like it was something only Ethan Hunt had a chance of pulling off. 
Another “no blame here, we are the BoD, and we decide who is to blame, and we are unanimous that it wasn’t us, so stop harping on about it”.

Just incredible. Holt really has nothing to do with this....he is irrelevant. The BoD are happy to have him there as a punchbag. It’s the Board that needs to fold. Nothing will change until the Board is changed. Their master plan seems to be that they will use the master plan from last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Never mind, sling up endless 50-50 adverts and everything will be fine. Maybe go for a re-brand as the Falkirk 50-50 Club....just drop the “Football” bit, and stick to what you see as important.

Would actually have just been 1 point required from those games to have made the playoffs!

Edited by Guest

Guest Ecosse83

I’m glad we never made the play offs, it might just be the shock the club needs tk actually get the finger out!

I heard a guy in his mid 50’s from Grangemouth is going to win the Euromillions tomorrow night and spend a chunk of the money chasing Ritchie and Superfan away to f**k from our club.
Away and don't talk shite. Totally unbelievable stuff.
Any credibility you ever had has now gone.

There's absolutely no way you're only in your mid 50's!!!

As for the possibility of Grant, Dick and/or Hetherington joining you, I'd say they're all upgrades on what you've recently had.

Speaking only about the players, both have been stalwarts of a side who have consistently been better than the sum of their parts over the past few years.

Dick has been one of the best left-back's in the Championship for a while now. He's still only 25 and has made around 100 appearances for us. Very rarely has he let us down.
I know he's a youth product of yours, but I think those who might not want him back are deluding themselves if they think he's not good enough now if he wasn't the first time. Not suggesting that has been said, only to counter such.

Hetherington is also better than anyone you currently have in the middle of the park.
He works very hard (which, admittedly should be a given for ALL players but sadly isn't), gets stuck in, has far better ability than some may think and scores the odd screamer.
Is also liable to an odd booking. Or ten!

I notice that some of the Falkirk fans would be pretty underwhelmed at either/both signing.
That being the case, I think they'd be wrong.

Personally, I would be sad to see both leave us, and I'd be pretty certain that, if you do end up signing them, they would be two of your successes for next season.
And for that reason, I hope they don't.

Dick was really a centrehalf but moved to left back as he want big or physical enough. He's not the quickest and his distribution is shocking but he's a one hundred percenter which is perhaps what we need as much as anything right now and should be fine for league one. Mind you I'm fed up saying that only for them to turn out definitely not fine for league one. Hetherington I do like the look of and would be a decent signing . Least these guys know what league one is all about.

12 hours ago, virginton said:

You need to get back on your meds. Shithole of a town, stadium, people and anyone who has "the port" in their area doesn't deserve to slag off anyone else. A deluded wee 🎣man, who's team are on a downward spiral.

14 minutes ago, banditjag said:

You need to get back on your meds. Shithole of a town, stadium, people and anyone who has "the port" in their area doesn't deserve to slag off anyone else. A deluded wee 🎣man, who's team are on a downward spiral.

He still seems to be smarting over the McKinnon business. 

Yflab and his jibes about no major honours since 57’ is a fair shout but a slagging from a Morton fan, perhaps the dullest full time club about and still celebrating helping  to relegate a club (who needs honours, of any description) two years later, takes some beating. 

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

He still seems to be smarting over the McKinnon business. 

Yflab and his jibes about no major honours since 57’ is a fair shout but a slagging from a Morton fan, perhaps the dullest full time club about and still celebrating helping  to relegate a club (who needs honours, of any description) two years later, takes some beating. 

Don't worry he'll post the same image of a Z list celebrity cook for the 3000th to get us all telt. 

1 hour ago, Into The Valley said:

Away and don't talk shite. Totally unbelievable stuff.
Any credibility you ever had has now gone.

There's absolutely no way you're only in your mid 50's!!!

As for the possibility of Grant, Dick and/or Hetherington joining you, I'd say they're all upgrades on what you've recently had.

Speaking only about the players, both have been stalwarts of a side who have consistently been better than the sum of their parts over the past few years.

Dick has been one of the best left-back's in the Championship for a while now. He's still only 25 and has made around 100 appearances for us. Very rarely has he let us down.
I know he's a youth product of yours, but I think those who might not want him back are deluding themselves if they think he's not good enough now if he wasn't the first time. Not suggesting that has been said, only to counter such.

Hetherington is also better than anyone you currently have in the middle of the park.
He works very hard (which, admittedly should be a given for ALL players but sadly isn't), gets stuck in, has far better ability than some may think and scores the odd screamer.
Is also liable to an odd booking. Or ten!

I notice that some of the Falkirk fans would be pretty underwhelmed at either/both signing.
That being the case, I think they'd be wrong.

Personally, I would be sad to see both leave us, and I'd be pretty certain that, if you do end up signing them, they would be two of your successes for next season.
And for that reason, I hope they don't.

I know pal, feel more like mid 60's but that's what years of following Falkirk does to you.

I think we could anounce the signings of Harry Kane and Declan Rice and we would all expect them to turn out shite for us. There have been so little plus points in the past 4 seasons with players coming in that we are all pretty much past the point of believing the powers that be at the club are capable of a decent signing.

What would be refreshing though would be signing players that the fans of the clubs they are coming from aren't telling us how shite they are before they have even kicked a ball. Mind you they have always been spot on.

If rumours are to be believed Peter Grant might be coming as well. This would also split the support as a lot don't want him either. Doesn't matter who they appoint they won't please us all. 

Fully expect Alloa to be in the hunt next season with whoever fails in the play offs and Queens Park should be decent. God knows where we will end up.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dick was really a centrehalf but moved to left back as he want big or physical enough. He's not the quickest and his distribution is shocking but he's a one hundred percenter which is perhaps what we need as much as anything right now and should be fine for league one. Mind you I'm fed up saying that only for them to turn out definitely not fine for league one. Hetherington I do like the look of and would be a decent signing . Least these guys know what league one is all about.

He only moved into centre back as Kingsley was coming through at the same time as him so he didn't reall have a choice. He was always a left back/left mid but could fill in at centre back if needed.