The Falkirk FC Thread

Great that we are still box office to so many fans of other clubs. The hatred felt towards us from other clubs fans gives me such a feeling of warmth and wellbeing, I would absolute hate us to be one of those cuddly clubs that others like. Seen on another thread someone saying we are in the top three most hated clubs in Scotland, that is absolutely beautiful to me.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Great that we are still box office to so many fans of other clubs. The hatred felt towards us from other clubs fans gives me such a feeling of warmth and wellbeing, I would absolute hate us to be one of those cuddly clubs that others like. Seen on another thread someone saying we are in the top three most hated clubs in Scotland, that is absolutely beautiful to me.

I  don't think you should confuse ridicule with hatred.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

If that is indeed their plan - to use Falkirk Football Club as some sort of shop window in the hope that their players can be flipped and quickly moved on elsewhere for a profit - it can only be concluded that they have made a catastrophic and spectacular error of judgement. That is literally the last thing on earth this shambles needs. What colour is the sky in their world? Transfer fees😄 For jobbers troughing about in League 1, the nether regions of the Championship if we get lucky, for a few hundred quid a week ? Say they somehow implement this plan. We get a striker who scores fifteen goals in the first half of the season and has us well on course for promotion. On the final day of the January transfer window, an offer is received. Not an earth shattering one, and certainly worth considerably less to us than promotion four months later would be. Losing him would significantly weaken the squad and leave no time to source a replacement. From a football point of view, there should be only one response. But in the background, you've got agents agitating for the bid to be accepted, as they stand to make hard cash from the deal going through. As I said in an earlier post, the conflict of interest is just staggering.

I'm actually thankful that I'm not one of those who is setting any great store by the Rawlins as some sort of final hope. I didn't think they were in it for any dubious reasons, I just have no idea why they have become involved with us in the first place, especially when they don't have a controlling interest. Their Birthday Caird pish of a few weeks ago was completely unenlightening and revealed nothing. But if this is indeed the goal, then my God, where does the madness end? 

They don’t want a controlling interest probably because they don’t want the hassle of running a club ( been there done that + and a controlling interest attracts a higher level of scrutiny from the league.)They wanted a Scottish club as it’s relatively easy to sell on to England and you can get serious level of control for buttons. I guess they will acquire similar interests in other low cost markets wales Ireland etc maybe Lithuania and the like for the same reasons . Possibly with an aim to even move players between “their” clubs . As I said this isn’t necessarily bad as the need us to be top six to rake in any serious cash . I welcome there involvement as at least it’s a plan that could work and they are not dummies like the other board members who had no plan .
So until we are in the top league there will be a trade off with keeping on guys who can help us move up the leagues. The head coach however cannot be totally his own man when selecting al the players for obvious reasons. Of course I could be totally wrong the agency thing is just a co-incidence and as mr Rawlings said he used to love visiting Scotland so why not own a stake in a provincial club there. Makes total sense to me ! 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I  don't think you should confuse ridicule with hatred.

Nope the thread stated top 3 in the most hated clubs in Scotland not most ridiculed. Maybe just me but I’ve never really felt the need to go onto another teams threads and rip it out them even when they have been on the bones of their arse. I’ve been on P&B since 2003 and never really took great pleasure in ripping other fans constantly as experience in life has taught me what goes around comes around.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any other names kicking about? Rumours always help lift the spirits.

I can exclusively reveal that [insert new manager here]'s first signing will be none other than ex-Falkirk stalward, Jean-Francois Lecsinel.

Edited by Gaz

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't see Peter grant being a yes man for anyone. 

Aye, I don’t think it’ll be him anyway but he comes across the complete opposite.

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Nope the thread stated top 3 in the most hated clubs in Scotland not most ridiculed. Maybe just me but I’ve never really felt the need to go onto another teams threads and rip it out them even when they have been on the bones of their arse. I’ve been on P&B since 2003 and never really took great pleasure in ripping other fans constantly as experience in life has taught me what goes around comes around.

Maybe someone said that, but it's not a feature of what you describe as the box office appeal of all this.

It's simply a question of it being entertaining when a relatively big club finds itself in reduced circumstances.  We saw similar recently with Hearts.

Most fans of diddy clubs don't reserve anything resembling hatred for the likes of Falkirk.

ETA:  And of course what goes around comes around.  It's pretty tame and harmless in the main.  I don't think many of us live in fear of an onslaught we can't cope with when the tables inevitably turn. 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Maybe someone said that, but it's not a feature of what you describe as the box office appeal of all this.

It's simply a question of it being entertaining when a relatively big club finds itself in reduced circumstances.  We saw similar recently with Hearts.

Most fans of diddy clubs don't reserve anything resembling hatred for the likes of Falkirk.

I am quite happy that you still see us as a relatively big club. You probably see us in a better light that most of us as,  although others focus on the whole crowd w**k tag most of us are under no illusion of the depths we have no sunk too.

ETA: If in my lifetime the tables do eventually turn 😁🙏

Edited by Harry Kinnear

8 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

I’ll be delighted to be wrong in this instance. Doesn’t augur well that potentially Grant is put in place after overseeing his last team relegated. That’s something that shouldn’t be forgotten in this. 

I don't see that as a major issue. Better managers than him have been relegated with alloa.

I’ll be delighted to be wrong in this instance. Doesn’t augur well that potentially Grant is put in place after overseeing his last team relegated. That’s something that shouldn’t be forgotten in this. 

I really have no idea why everyone keeps bringing up the relegation of Alloa when talking about Grant. Alloa are punching above their weight in the Championship and would be relegation favourites most years. Just because they got relegated, doesn’t mean he’s a poor manager, as I recall even Jack Ross got them relegated.

I’m not by any means advocating Grant, but what sort of manager do some of our fans think they’ll get.

55 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Scottish football doesn't hate Falkirk, it feels utter contempt for your jumped-up, Liverpool-esque sense of entitlement and injustice. 

Failure after failure, gormless statement by gormless statement, you are the gift that just keeps on giving.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Scottish football doesn't hate Falkirk, it feels utter contempt for your jumped-up, Liverpool-esque sense of entitlement and injustice. 

Failure after failure, gormless statement by gormless statement, you are the gift that just keeps on giving.

A507576A-00E4-4BD1-BAD0-FF4BC5C5B220.thumb.jpeg.9f47449e99922f6c72fd556f864c42c5.jpeg

Yip and Morton are the utter perfect example of how a Scottish football club should be run. Arsehole of a stadium in the bowels of gods shithole of a town and remind me of how high up you finished in the Championship last season.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yip and Morton are the utter perfect example of how a Scottish football club should be run. Arsehole of a stadium in the bowels of gods shithole of a town and remind me of how high up you finished in the Championship last season.

Higher in Scottish football's pecking order than fucking Falkirk did, that's for sure.

Mind that time when we relegated you on your own midden and now you're a midtable seaside league outfit?

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

Just now, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

The last time Alloa were relegated Jack Ross was the manager. Luckily for him Sunderland and Hibs didn't let it affect their judgement of him.