The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

It’s already happened the Rawlings have openly admitted the have transferred their shareholding into a company in which their friend / legal adviser / and players agent has a significant holding . Why do you think they wanted to buy into Falkirk - to make money of course- THE only way to make money is to fill the team window with your guys -if they move on you make cash - if you acquire some of the sell on clause monies you make serious cash and will have your 350 back pretty quickly . It’s not necessarily bad though we will get to keep some of the cash and theoretically have a better team on the park - but it’s a complex plan and we have got off to a dreadful start 

If that is indeed their plan - to use Falkirk Football Club as some sort of shop window in the hope that their players can be flipped and quickly moved on elsewhere for a profit - it can only be concluded that they have made a catastrophic and spectacular error of judgement. That is literally the last thing on earth this shambles needs. What colour is the sky in their world? Transfer fees😄 For jobbers troughing about in League 1, the nether regions of the Championship if we get lucky, for a few hundred quid a week ? Say they somehow implement this plan. We get a striker who scores fifteen goals in the first half of the season and has us well on course for promotion. On the final day of the January transfer window, an offer is received. Not an earth shattering one, and certainly worth considerably less to us than promotion four months later would be. Losing him would significantly weaken the squad and leave no time to source a replacement. From a football point of view, there should be only one response. But in the background, you've got agents agitating for the bid to be accepted, as they stand to make hard cash from the deal going through. As I said in an earlier post, the conflict of interest is just staggering.

I'm actually thankful that I'm not one of those who is setting any great store by the Rawlins as some sort of final hope. I didn't think they were in it for any dubious reasons, I just have no idea why they have become involved with us in the first place, especially when they don't have a controlling interest. Their Birthday Caird pish of a few weeks ago was completely unenlightening and revealed nothing. But if this is indeed the goal, then my God, where does the madness end? 

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I remember the days when Hughes chased him out the door. Wasn't that a great move?🤯

Probably to sign a 34 year old over the hill player 

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard we are sniffing about Liam dick and the boy hetherington from alloa.

I'd take Liam Dick he's a solid enough left back but can't say I remember much of Hetherington from the times we've played against him. 

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd take Liam Dick he's a solid enough left back but can't say I remember much of Hetherington from the times we've played against him. 

I wouldn't be signing anyone though till our new manager is in post. He should have the final say on what players to sign  from the ones Holt sources. Any other way of doing things would be shambolic.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wouldn't be signing anyone though till our new manager is in post. He should have the final say on what players to sign  from the ones Holt sources. Any other way of doing things would be shambolic.

I agree, the only way anyone should be signed is if the preferred manager has been identified and he has agreed targets.

Talk of new managers, signings etc means nothing to me at the moment. It is second to what is going on at board level. New manager/signings should not deflect from the main thing, we need these c***s gone and should not be giving them a penny until they have.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well if it is going to be Peter Grant he could have put forward those two players as targets. Our club are all for telling us they'll follow the correct process for the appointment but we never actually do. So wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we've had Grant lined up for a while. Somebody on the facebook page mentioned they'd heard Grant was coming in as assistant to a young manager. I wouldn't be abject to that.

Edited by FFC 1876

28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well if it is going to be Peter Grant he could have put forward those two players as targets. Our club are all for telling us they'll follow the correct process for the appointment but we never actually do. So wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we've had Grant lined up for a while. Somebody on the facebook page mentioned they'd heard Grant was coming in as assistant to a young manager. I wouldn't be abject to that.

Hearing those names, this is exactly what I was thinking. Seems to be a few different sources convinced Grant is heading our way so wouldn't be a surprise really. 

8 minutes ago, Sgt Bilko said:

Hearing those names, this is exactly what I was thinking. Seems to be a few different sources convinced Grant is heading our way so wouldn't be a surprise really. 

Any other names kicking about? Rumours always help lift the spirits.

8 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Santa’s due around the 25th December......

Apparently he's just recently finished a short term contract handing out presents around Central Scotland. Sports clubs, till this years Chrimbo production kicks in.

57 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, the only way anyone should be signed is if the preferred manager has been identified and he has agreed targets.

Talk of new managers, signings etc means nothing to me at the moment. It is second to what is going on at board level. New manager/signings should not deflect from the main thing, we need these c***s gone and should not be giving them a penny until they have.

It would appear Holt is doing the hiring and firing and not waiting for the new manager to make any decisions. Players learning their fate over next few days. What I have an issue with is the that if Grant is put in place in whatever capacity(manager or assistant) he is just a yes man for the SD. If that’s the case how are the club going to progress. It’s becomes another Romanov type scenario. #Jobs for the boys

27 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any other names kicking about? Rumours always help lift the spirits.

I heard a guy in his mid 50’s from Grangemouth is going to win the Euromillions tomorrow night and spend a chunk of the money chasing Ritchie and Superfan away to f**k from our club.

4 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

It would appear Holt is doing the hiring and firing and not waiting for the new manager to make any decisions. Players learning their fate over next few days. What I have an issue with is the that if Grant is put in place in whatever capacity(manager or assistant) he is just a yes man for the SD. If that’s the case how are the club going to progress. It’s becomes another Romanov type scenario. #Jobs for the boys

If that is the case it will become apparent very quickly and the fans really need to withhold the ST money.

11 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

They obviously see him fit to make those decision's as he's took them in training and seen them in games but there's no way he should be making the decisions on who stays and who goes. That should solely down to whoever gets the managers role. They should then feed up the chain to Holt what players they are looking for and also have the final say on which exact player comes in. No doubt we'll do it completely backwards and Holt will be recruiting them all.

2 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

Judging on the season there shouldn’t be many kept. However we’ll find out soon.

I hope you're Dowds and not Keena. Dowds has a better build for a goalie.

Edited by FFC 1876