The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The first signing for next season needs to be a good one. a statement of intent if you like so that following signings know we mean business this season and are more likely to follow suit. same for fans buying into it.

That sounds a lot like signing someone like Alston.

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm afraid that the Durnans of this world will be the level of player that we can realistically afford as ST sales etc will be well down. Unless the Rawlins' come up with more cash then the playing budget will be reduced and we'll be shopping in Poundland.

Players that will sign for us are from the division we are in or below. With maybe one or two in the twilight of their career from the leagues above.

That's where we are in the grand scheme of things.

As for manager who is going to touch the club with a bargepole ? we are toxic and a potential career ender. Best we can hope for is somebody with a point to prove - Neal Lennon for an example not that he would come but somebody of that ilk.

55 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

In this league we should be attacking every team we come up against and Williamson for me was the best attacking full back in the league this season by a country mile. Caused us all sorts of havoc in the games against us. Won a penalty in the first game at Firhill and assisted for the first goal in the 5-0 humping at Firhill. He'd be daft to come to our shit show of a club right now but I'd take a one legged Williamson over some of the right backs we've had to put up with the last few years.

Fair point. I liked him as a player. Certainly gave everything every time he played and yes, as with the examples you give he could cause havoc but he was also a liability at the back. First part of the season he was part of a wobbly defence then last game against you apart, he was behind a centre half getting his slot. Could never question his commitment, good honest guy but will possibly cost you a goal or two, but spot on, you should be far more attack minded that recent times and he's idea for that, especially overlapping the midfield. He had a good performance relationship with cardle.

If Durnan's contract gets extended we may as well throw in the towel. Gets you the odd goal from a set peice here and there but that doesn't equate for the amount of goals he costs us. We need somebody in the middle of the park who can play football and dictate the game. A Mark Kerr and Mark Millar type who will take the ball every time and start making things happen. If Telfer can get over his injuries I'd keep him to play in there along them.

Dowds and Keena are under contract already for next season as far as i'm aware and I'd like to see a bit more of them as I think they both have potential but our other options up there have to be a lot better than Francis or Conor Sammon. Connolly I'd imagine will be gone and with the injuries he's continously had I won't be too bothered about that. Mutch is a work in progress, there's no doubt he has a mistake in him but for this level he's an excellent prospect to have. Need a back up keeper challenging him though as otherwise his levels drop. 

Mutch

Williamson - If rumours are to believed would be a welcome addition

Neilson- If we can get him back on loan for another season would be great

Dixon- Again dependant on how bad his injury is but he is one of the only players I can't criticise this season

Kelly - If he can get himself fully fit over the summer I'd keep but likewise I wouldn't be too fussed about him going.

Morrison - Has talent just needs to work on his final ball

New - A midfielder who can dictate a game, Mark Kerr/Mark Millaresque - wouldn't be surprised to see Ray Grant if the Peter Grant rumours are true. Ciaron Dixon on loan from Rangers. Or Ben Williamson(BPM just for you)

Telfer - If fit can change a game which we seen this season, again depends how his injury is

New - A left winger - Luke Mcgowan from Ayr 

New - A new striker, Jack Hamilton on loan or Conor Shields

Dowds/Keena - either one fighting it out to partner the new striker.

I'd be trying to punt out Alston to whoever wants him and Gary Miller I'd be tearing up his contract. Loans will be pivotal next season as you can see they were for Partick this season so for once we need to get them right.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Waffling Pish !

Should have been. We F***ed it up. We have put the club up for sale. Very sorry for the decline during our stewardship.

Every one of us promise never to darken the door at Falkirk Football Club ever again.

That’s it in a nutshell. For now, they will hide behind Rawlins in the hope that no one gets near enough to tell them the truth.

A statement isn’t going to cut it this time. This all needs to stop.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

If Durnan's contract gets extended we may as well throw in the towel. Gets you the odd goal from a set peice here and there but that doesn't equate for the amount of goals he costs us. We need somebody in the middle of the park who can play football and dictate the game. A Mark Kerr and Mark Millar type who will take the ball every time and start making things happen. If Telfer can get over his injuries I'd keep him to play in there along them.

Dowds and Keena are under contract already for next season as far as i'm aware and I'd like to see a bit more of them as I think they both have potential but our other options up there have to be a lot better than Francis or Conor Sammon. Connolly I'd imagine will be gone and with the injuries he's continously had I won't be too bothered about that. Mutch is a work in progress, there's no doubt he has a mistake in him but for this level he's an excellent prospect to have. Need a back up keeper challenging him though as otherwise his levels drop. 

Mutch

Williamson - If rumours are to believed would be a welcome addition

Neilson- If we can get him back on loan for another season would be great

Dixon- Again dependant on how bad his injury is but he is one of the only players I can't criticise this season

Kelly - If he can get himself fully fit over the summer I'd keep but likewise I wouldn't be too fussed about him going.

Morrison - Has talent just needs to work on his final ball

New - A midfielder who can dictate a game, Mark Kerr/Mark Millaresque - wouldn't be surprised to see Ray Grant if the Peter Grant rumours are true. Ciaron Dixon on loan from Rangers. Or Ben Williamson(BPM just for you)

Telfer - If fit can change a game which we seen this season, again depends how his injury is

Dowds/Keena - either one fighting it out to partner the new striker.

I'd be trying to punt out Alston to whoever wants him and Gary Miller I'd be tearing up his contract. Loans will be pivotal next season as you can see they were for Partick this season so for once we need to get them right.

I’ll be shocked and devastated in equal measures if our team looks anything like that next season.
Mutch - Too many mistakes in him and needs a spell as No. 2. 
Neilson - You’re on to plumbs. 
Dixon - Squad player at best. 
Kelly - Strikes me as an amateur left back. Plays there because he’s the only left footer, slightly overweight so just launches balls up the channel with his left foot. Can’t defend. 
Morrison - Has a non promotion release clause so will be gone. 
Telfer - Shown more this season but is he good enough? Meh. 
Dowds - Huff n puff but no real ability and nowhere near enough goals. 
Keena - No idea if he can play or not. Played about 4 league games and spent 3 of them with nobody within 30 yards of him. The fact Holt preferred Sammon is concerning. Then again Holt has been a disaster so not reading into his opinion too much.

If the Williamson rumours are true then as it stands we have an adequate right back and 3 subs. Major surgery required. 

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There is not a chance in hell that the likes of McCowan or Shields will be dropping to our level. If they are moving on from their present clubs it will be in an upward direction. Cloud Cuckoo Land stuff

19 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’ll be shocked and devastated in equal measures if our team looks anything like that next season.
Mutch - Too many mistakes in him and needs a spell as No. 2. 
Neilson - You’re on to plumbs. 
Dixon - Squad player at best. 
Kelly - Strikes me as an amateur left back. Plays there because he’s the only left footer, slightly overweight so just launches balls up the channel with his left foot. Can’t defend. 
Morrison - Has a non promotion release clause so will be gone. 
Telfer - Shown more this season but is he good enough? Meh. 
Dowds - Huff n puff but no real ability and nowhere near enough goals. 
Keena - No idea if he can play or not. Played about 4 league games and spent 3 of them with nobody within 30 yards of him. The fact Holt preferred Sammon is concerning. Then again Holt has been a disaster so not reading into his opinion too much.

If the Williamson rumours are true then as it stands we have an adequate right back and 3 subs. Major surgery required. 

Where is the info about Morrison’s contract been posted or is that just a guess??

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Where is the info about Morrison’s contract been posted or is that just a guess??

Hopefully the guess is right he’s bang average even for League 1 

4 hours ago, AGPar said:

If that's their plan, then we are as well closing the doors just now. Agents influencing the running of a football club is just a complete and utter no-no, on so many levels. The potential conflict of interest is just staggering. If that's genuinely the intention of these Rawlins, I wish they had never got involved. 

It’s already happened the Rawlings have openly admitted the have transferred their shareholding into a company in which their friend / legal adviser / and players agent has a significant holding . Why do you think they wanted to buy into Falkirk - to make money of course- THE only way to make money is to fill the team window with your guys -if they move on you make cash - if you acquire some of the sell on clause monies you make serious cash and will have your 350 back pretty quickly . It’s not necessarily bad though we will get to keep some of the cash and theoretically have a better team on the park - but it’s a complex plan and we have got off to a dreadful start 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Heard we are sniffing about Liam dick and the boy hetherington from alloa.

Best of it is people will probably turn their nose at signings like that but it’s boys like that will actually do a turn in this league, we’ve already tried the ‘players too good for league 1’ and it’s no worked why no get some tried and tested league 1/championship players

Just a helpful reminder that just because we once brought in "some old guys/an ex player/someone who looks like they should cruise it at this level/kids/loanees etc". IT DOESN'T MEAN EVERY SIGNING THAT FITS THAT DESCRIPTION WILL BE A DUD

Let's judge each signing on their individual merits.  

Guest Ecosse83

I remember the days we thought Liam Craig was coming back and a good few were slating the prospect of him signing again! How far we have fallen 

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I remember the days we thought Liam Craig was coming back and a good few were slating the prospect of him signing again! How far we have fallen 

I remember the days when Hughes chased him out the door. Wasn't that a great move?🤯