The Falkirk FC Thread

Absolutely zero accountability for their actions in this mess. Deans is like the rest, brilliant at finding something or someone else to blame. Previously it’s been COVIDs fault, league reconstructions fault, the SPFL/SFA, the Scottish Government, Miller and McCracken, injuries...

...anyone apart from him and the rest of the board. Get him so far to f””k. 

Edited by BooBairn

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree with this. No decent manager is going to take the job if Holt is dictating what players come and go. 

We are not looking for a manager read Deans statement carefully - we are looking to appoint a head coach to get the best out of the players the club signs . The Rawlings will want some of these players to be from their stable to pocket the agency profits and it’s likely that Gary Holt will  be involved in player selection as recruitment is part of his remit. 
I hope the plan works ( we have to try something ) but further down the line there could be a conflict of interest if the agents rather than the club benefit from sell on clauses etc. 

The worrying part for me is this. 
"There will be changes to our squad, and we will be making announcements on this in the next few days and weeks, as we release players and bring in new faces."
Why aren't we waiting until a manager is in place to make these decisions? By god we know the majority of our players are awful but Holt shouldn't be making the decisions on who should be staying especially after he was lauding Durnan's or 'vinnie's' commitment to the cause after the Airdrie game.
I mean, if there isnt sufficient vision at the club to see that Durnan, Hall, Sammon et al arent what any manager needs next season......

f**k me I dont even know how to end that... The natural way would be to say, then we're fucked but really seems a bit pointless [emoji28]

8 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Absolutely zero accountability for their actions in this mess. Deans is like the rest, brilliant at finding something or someone else to blame. Previously it’s been COVIDs fault, league reconstructions fault, the SPFL/SFA, the Scottish Government, Miller and McCracken, injuries...

...anyone apart from him and the rest of the board. Get him so far to f””k. 

Tbh most of the current board haven’t even been in place for a year. I agree Gary Deans doesn’t inspire confidence for me but I’m not sure that the current directors are much to blame.

I’d like to see the Rawlins come out with an update on their plans over the next few weeks.

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

We are not looking for a manager read Deans statement carefully - we are looking to appoint a head coach to get the best out of the players the club signs . The Rawlings will want some of these players to be from their stable to pocket the agency profits and it’s likely that Gary Holt will  be involved in player selection as recruitment is part of his remit. 
I hope the plan works ( we have to try something ) but further down the line there could be a conflict of interest if the agents rather than the club benefit from sell on clauses etc. 

If that's their plan, then we are as well closing the doors just now. Agents influencing the running of a football club is just a complete and utter no-no, on so many levels. The potential conflict of interest is just staggering. If that's genuinely the intention of these Rawlins, I wish they had never got involved. 

25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The worrying part for me is this. 

"There will be changes to our squad, and we will be making announcements on this in the next few days and weeks, as we release players and bring in new faces."

Why aren't we waiting until a manager is in place to make these decisions? By god we know the majority of our players are awful but Holt shouldn't be making the decisions on who should be staying especially after he was lauding Durnan's or 'vinnie's' commitment to the cause after the Airdrie game.

I think the new manager will be involved. Shortlisting is in a week so shouldn't be too long after that they appoint someone.   Contracts will probably run to the end of the month at least so plenty of time and I'm sure it doesn't take much to know that the likes of leitch and Francis will be straight out the door.

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

The right manager can get the right players though. Like the Brendan Rogers effect at celtic. The entire top tier was always empty at parkhead, crowds of about 30k. Then he came in, St's sold out, brown and forrest looked like new players and along with his contacts and draw to play for a 'big name' manager completely changed them. I no longer just want to scrape out of this league at any cost. I want a great manager with great players playing great football (all relatively speaking of course) I want to be excited about my club for once. 

I get what your saying and I get what you said about relatively speaking too but, we’re in L1. Great football is a bit fanciful. Great football can also be about two teams going at it with, hopefully, your team coming out on top. That’s not going to happen down here. Yeah, we could pummel teams with attacking football but I just don’t think we have the pulling power just now to attract, well, good footballers. We’re no longer a drawer for a certain calibre of footballer if you ask me. The best for us.....just now.....is neat and tidy or up and at em’, both styles hopefully with a good goalscorer.

10 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh most of the current board haven’t even been in place for a year. I agree Gary Deans doesn’t inspire confidence for me but I’m not sure that the current directors are much to blame.

I’d like to see the Rawlins come out with an update on their plans over the next few weeks.

They still stood twiddling their thumbs whilst Rome burned though.  Anyone with half a clue could see that things weren't going well when we got beat by Airdrie and East Fife and could only draw with ten men thistle. That was the time for change. Bod are too.concerned about looking like good lads instead of taking difficult decisions and that's why we end up going nowhere.

9 minutes ago, AGPar said:

If that's their plan, then we are as well closing the doors just now. Agents influencing the running of a football club is just a complete and utter no-no, on so many levels. The potential conflict of interest is just staggering. If that's genuinely the intention of these Rawlins, I wish they had never got involved. 

I don’t think that’s their intention at all. My suspicion is that they plan to eventually make money from the real estate at the stadium.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They still stood twiddling their thumbs whilst Rome burned though.  Anyone with half a clue could see that things weren't going well when we got beat by Airdrie and East Fife and could only draw with ten men thistle. That was the time for change. Bod are too.concerned about looking like good lads instead of taking difficult decisions and that's why we end up going nowhere.

The problem is that very few clubs in the world would sack a manager when their team’s top of the table. As soon as we dropped off top, they were gone.

In any event Holt managed a worse run of results than M and M so I’m not sure sacking them earlier would have been an improvement.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Nothing but excuses. The whole country knew the hectic schedule when the league would restart. Yet we bring in 3 young kids on loan as reinforcements. That beggars belief. 

Add Laverty, Cantley, Devaney and Sneddon.  We still have a squad of 16, 17 including Connolly. 

Injuries and blips were always going to happen. And when the going got tough we needed someone who knew what they were doing. 

If it was a full season we would have been battling relegation. 

Deans and Holt should take most of the blame for the disaster that unfolded in front of us. 

Actually sick of what's happened to our club 

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t think that’s their intention at all. My suspicion is that they plan to eventually make money from the real estate at the stadium.

The problem is that very few clubs in the world would sack a manager when their team’s top of the table. As soon as we dropped off top, they were gone.

In any event Holt managed a worse run of results than M and M so I’m not sure sacking them earlier would have been an improvement.

Clubs have won champions leagues and then sacked the manager the next week.Anyone watching the actual football on offer could see we were struggling badly and even the board have admitted that themselves.  Doing it during the break would've given ample time to appoint a new manager or at least give us more options than Holt to see the season out.  In the business world people woudn't think twice about booting people out in a similar circumstances if it was necessary. This waiting till we're not top pish cost us any chance of promotion.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

9 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

Nothing but excuses. The whole country knew the hectic schedule when the league would restart. Yet we bring in 3 young kids on loan as reinforcements. That beggars belief. 

Add Laverty, Cantley, Devaney and Sneddon.  We still have a squad of 16, 17 including Connolly. 

Injuries and blips were always going to happen. And when the going got tough we needed someone who knew what they were doing. 

If it was a full season we would have been battling relegation. 

Deans and Holt should take most of the blame for the disaster that unfolded in front of us. 

Actually sick of what's happened to our club 

We needed to improve the first 11 not just bring in squad fodder which is all we really did. Would love to know the ins and outs of January recruitment. Who decided what we needed and who had the final say.  Probably never know although I think it may be a good question to ask at this q and a coming up 

58 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

As someone has replied on twitter to the club statement,  if results were declining why didn't the board act quicker to address it.

Exactly, it's just Deans continuing to say what the fans want to hear. It was clear to all the fans that M&M weren't up to the job even when we were miles clear at the top. Yet at that time Deans, Holt and the Rawlins publicly supported the work of "David and Lee". So it clearly wasn't that obvious to Deans despite the appalling football we were playing. 

I really hope no one has been taken in by this statement. The new dumb and dumber at Falkirk is Deans and Holt. 

32 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

"an almost impossible short-term task"

Getting two points in league one to finish top 4. 

'almost impossible'. Oooft. 

21 hours ago, Gaz said:

Every single one of those sackings was deserved but any potential manager is going to look at that and think they'll just get punted if things aren't going well.

21 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely that's the same for any job in football.

I think one of the biggest drawbacks around the Falkirk job is that it’s the Falkirk job in League One.

Hear me out.

Of course Falkirk are a reasonable sized club and at this tier one of the (if not the) biggest club. For any half decent manager of the type you want then they either have to succeed or have their career potentially ruined by failing with a full time club in this league.

I know it was pie in the sky thinking but let’s just say you were able to put a financial package together and tempt McInnes along.  If he came in and had a disaster then that would really be it for him.

The list of managers who Falkirk fans would accept and be happy with I would guess already is quite a small one. 

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I think one of the biggest drawbacks around the Falkirk job is that it’s the Falkirk job in League One.

Hear me out.

Of course Falkirk are a reasonable sized club and at this tier one of the (if not the) biggest club. For any half decent manager of the type you want then they either have to succeed or have their career potentially ruined by failing with a full time club in this league.

I know it was pie in the sky thinking but let’s just say you were able to put a financial package together and tempt McInnes along.  If he came in and had a disaster then that would really be it for him.

The list of managers who Falkirk fans would accept and be happy with I would guess already is quite a small one. 

I don’t want a McInnes. His stock is far to high for us, even if he was appointed. He’d just disappear if/once he was doing a good job with us and the Motherwell job (for example) came up. 

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

A grovelling statement has just came out from Deans.

OPEN LETTER FROM THE CHAIRMAN – Falkirk Football Club (falkirkfc.co.uk)

Waffling Pish !

Should have been. We F***ed it up. We have put the club up for sale. Very sorry for the decline during our stewardship.

Every one of us promise never to darken the door at Falkirk Football Club ever again.

For me it wasn't the Deans statement I was waiting for, it was fairly obvious that he couldn't say much to placate us.

I've become more concerned through these recent months with the silence from our new owners, all we have heard is gush. Personally I was hoping for more directness and how they weren't happy with how it was going like we could all see.

They may have wanted to keep their plan private, but on the back of where we now sit, I want to hear that they are pissed off and are ready to get more hands on and let us know what they can, otherwise it feels like they want to make their payback from other means rather than getting us up the leagues.