The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not convinced that they're all the work of Falkirk fans.

Fair point. I was just making the point that this shows that Falkirk fans still have an interest in their club and when a club has a large fan base, both attending and lapsed it seems easier to recover when that club falls from grace. Unlike @TheScarf who seems to have higher powers to interpret thoughts, I'm not saying clubs with larger fan bases deserve success more than poorer supported clubs, just that when a club is in the gutter, having a larger fan base can assist in making recovery easier, that's what I think anyway. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That usually is how it works actually, unless you really want to go full Wastecoatwilly on us.

That generally true rule, explains why we just got a 9 year old club winning the League. 

Right now though, Falkirk are providing an exception, which is why their fans are perfectly entitled to lament the mismatch between their gates and their current standing.

Thank god, some common sense from someone who doesn't support Falkirk. What is so difficult to understand that if you have more fans then you have more money and therefore more potential to bring in better players? That is why we are entitled to feel very let down by the people running the club.

Fan base is more important in Scotland as opposed to other countries since there's no huge tv deals here. It's obviously financially beneficial to be in the premiership but it's not significant compared to the English premier league. Bournemouth have a small fanbase but were able to compete in the premier league for a good number of years because the tv money is more significant to a club in England than fanbase. That's not the case in Scotland. Celtic and Rangers completely dominate because of their massive fanbase. Falkirk are currently underachieving to an astonishing rate and that is why our fans are right to point out how clubs with smaller fanbases like Hamilton, Livingston and St Johnston are way outperforming us. These clubs are run very well and are doing fantastically well with the resources available to them. 

Edited by MS RR

40 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its going to be a case of the potential manager interviewing the club. With the clusterfuck over the last few seasons the potential new manager will want security, real power and as good as a free hand.

Along the lines of Yes ! will sort out the mess but I want the likes of a 3 - 4 year contract, complete control of team matters including player recruitment, youth policy, guaranteed funding. 

None of that is going to entice the fans to buy season tickets after the last few debacles if they are not a big name which more than likely they won't be.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It wasn't a show of weakness on your part, it was a daft comment about the potential size of a club.

In your opinion. Respectfully, you're wrong. You made a supposition of what I meant. Seems to be one of your character traits, re assemble someone's sentences to make random meanings which are opposed to the posters original position. Clever you.

3 minutes ago, banditjag said:

In your opinion. Respectfully, you're wrong. You made a supposition of what I meant. Seems to be one of your character traits, re assemble someone's sentences to make random meanings which are opposed to the posters original position. Clever you.

You said Falkirk were a sleeping giant, respectfully, you're talking shite.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

None of that is going to entice the fans to buy season tickets after the last few debacles if they are not a big name which more than likely they won't be.

If you ask me, I’d give a big name a miss and get someone who has managed at this level like a Young or Petrie. We’ve now moved to being a fully bona fide L1 outfit imo and need the right manager and players to become the best L1 outfit to get us promoted.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Who called us a ‘sleeping giant’ ??

You’ve not won a major trophy since 1957.

If we were classifying you as a volcano I’d say you are extinct rather than dormant.

Hell even Raith Rovers and the Ferranti Thistle franchise have managed to win a major since then.

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

If you ask me, I’d give a big name a miss and get someone who has managed at this level like a Young or Petrie. We’ve now moved to being a fully bona fide L1 outfit imo and need the right manager and players to being the best L1 outfit to get us promoted.

The right manager can get the right players though. Like the Brendan Rogers effect at celtic. The entire top tier was always empty at parkhead, crowds of about 30k. Then he came in, St's sold out, brown and forrest looked like new players and along with his contacts and draw to play for a 'big name' manager completely changed them. I no longer just want to scrape out of this league at any cost. I want a great manager with great players playing great football (all relatively speaking of course) I want to be excited about my club for once. 

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You said Falkirk were a sleeping giant, respectfully, you're talking shite.

In your opinion and so eloquently put. Scottish education at its finest.

I'm right, you're wrong, in my opinion.

I think they are a sleeping giant. Not in the way of a Sunderland but comparative to the small country that we are. A club falkirks size and potential should be spending most of their time in the top division. They are not well run so aren't, but the fact remains they should be.

Falkirk are a bigger club in terms if resourcesand fan base than st johnstone, st Mirren, Hamilton, but are not as well run and so are where they are. Clearly my sleeping giant isn't yours, that doesn't mean I'm "talking shite" just because I'm not getting on board with your shitfest.

Is there any plans for fans to pull together and let the board know how we feel as a collective? (With a focus on the board being the problem as opposed to chat about poor league form).

Are there any plans to withold season ticket money? 

I think if nothing like this happens, we're just in for more of the same. 

It seems when the Deans and Fulston were there the fans didn't tolerate this kind of shit but now we just seem apathetic and plodding on the from one shambles to the next.

That's the kind of statement that makes me wish they'd just said nothing at all. What a load of bollocks. Heard it all before. Jam tomorrow. Club is a shambles and it looks like nothing is going to change. The pathetic excuses laced in there make it even worse. Wish they'd all just f**k off.

8 minutes ago, banditjag said:

In your opinion and so eloquently put. Scottish education at its finest.

I'm right, you're wrong, in my opinion.

I think they are a sleeping giant. Not in the way of a Sunderland but comparative to the small country that we are. A club falkirks size and potential should be spending most of their time in the top division. They are not well run so aren't, but the fact remains they should be.

Falkirk are a bigger club in terms if resourcesand fan base than st johnstone, st Mirren, Hamilton, but are not as well run and so are where they are. Clearly my sleeping giant isn't yours, that doesn't mean I'm "talking shite" just because I'm not getting on board with your shitfest.

St Mirren and St Johnstone have won a fair number of major honours since Falkirk last won a major honou. Falkirk don’t even own their stadium and they have no Youth academy. Like you they only have a 3 sided ground. You’ve not won a major honour for close on 50 years. Most of your fans have never experienced the joy that brings. Say hello to another “sleeping giant” in Morton who have not been in the top flight since the 80s.