The Falkirk FC Thread

Good to see we have done the full cycle on Robbie Mutch aswell now. Not a single player at our club has played to any acceptable level of football over the course of more than 3 games in years. It seems pointless to me to criticise individuals, when the conclusion cannot be that every single one of these guys is simply shite.

It reeks from head to toe at the club and the rot set in a while ago, but those responsible are the BOD, the sporting director and to an extent the gaffer. Our sporting director has been here for a half a year, we have no gaffer and our BOD seems to be the only constant throught the horror years.

Would it be too much to suggest taking a small positive from all of this? Iver 120,000 posts from Falkirk fans on one thread. Surely the biggest sleeping giant in Scottish football. There are a huge number of clubs can only dream of Falkirk fanbase. I'd hope your owner can see that's an indication that if he gets it right he will get a return, although I suspect that's not what he is at the club for.

I see why everyone is so despondent, it's been a complete clusterfuck of a few seasons, but as much as it all looks unfixable, all it takes is getting the right manager in. It really is that simple. I know many will think that is way too simplistic but the right manager brings the right coaching staff and players in. It all starts and ends with having the right person in charge of the team. Owners, bod's are an aside (of course they all have to get on ad a management team), having the right guy for the right club is the main ingredient. Dont lose hope, you've had the right guy many times before.

2 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Would it be too much to suggest taking a small positive from all of this? Iver 120,000 posts from Falkirk fans on one thread. Surely the biggest sleeping giant in Scottish football. There are a huge number of clubs can only dream of Falkirk fanbase. I'd hope your owner can see that's an indication that if he gets it right he will get a return, although I suspect that's not what he is at the club for.

I see why everyone is so despondent, it's been a complete clusterfuck of a few seasons, but as much as it all looks unfixable, all it takes is getting the right manager in. It really is that simple. I know many will think that is way too simplistic but the right manager brings the right coaching staff and players in. It all starts and ends with having the right person in charge of the team. Owners, bod's are an aside (of course they all have to get on ad a management team), having the right guy for the right club is the main ingredient. Dont lose hope, you've had the right guy many times before.

100,000 of them are TxRover.

8 minutes ago, banditjag said:

You do realise just because some clubs have more fans that others, it doesn't mean they'll eventually become more successful than them?

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

You might be right, only looking from afar and guessing that a year without fans, a drop in STs last year, no hospitality etc. Add on that we probably stretched our wage bill to “get promotion first go” a further drop in STs ( depending on who’s brought in ) I would imagine we’re hitting significant loses even with the Rawlins cash, who knows ?

We've just appointed a new head of youth development and started signing up a development beside plus employing a dof. If your fecked financially that's not the kind of thing you start doing. In the long run yes being down here would be very worrying but at the moment no. I don't see the Rawlins as fly by night kind of people either.  They have history of being in things for the long haul and only moving in once they have achieved their goal. Lot of knicker wetting going on regarding their intentions for some reason.

On the subject of Mutch i think its tough to hang the lad out to dry considering he is the last line of defence and  unfortunately that defence has consisted of a calamity pairing of Durnan and Hall that in itself is/was ropey as f**k and had at least a goal a game and in some cases a red card waiting to happen.

He has came on a lot as a keeper but he is suffering a bit of confidence which is understandable considering what he has in front of him.

My ideal scenario would be the Rawlin’s working with the fans to get shot of the MSG. I would also like to see the BtB idea of fans paying monthly subscriptions as a collective group to purchase shares in the club with fan involvement in the BoD being revisited. Feel we really need a greater fan involvement if we are to progress as a club. 

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've just appointed a new head of youth development and started signing up a development beside plus employing a dof. If your fecked financially that's not the kind of thing you start doing. In the long run yes being down here would be very worrying but at the moment no. I don't see the Rawlins as fly by night kind of people either.  They have history of being in things for the long haul and only moving in once they have achieved their goal. Lot of knicker wetting going on regarding their intentions for some reason.

I think the knicker wetting with Rawlins is down to the MC debacle and just hoping it isnt one of those, personally i dont think it will be.  A lot of it will come down to wanting to take more control and start being more hands on and direct than trust superfan and MR with any more dealings in regards to running of the club.

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On the subject of Mutch i think its tough to hang the lad out to dry considering he is the last line of defence and  unfortunately that defence has consisted of a calamity pairing of Durnan and Hall that in itself is/was ropey as f**k and had at least a goal a game and in some cases a red card waiting to happen.

He has came on a lot as a keeper but he is suffering a bit of confidence which is understandable considering what he has in front of him.

I think a season or two as a back up to an experienced keeper would do him the world of good. He is a decent shot stopper but he needs to bulk up a wee bit and work on cross balls.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I think a season or two as a back up to an experienced keeper would do him the world of good. He is a decent shot stopper but he needs to bulk up a wee bit and work on cross balls.

He needs a decent defence in front of him thats the problem the numpty that is Durnan is happy to shout at everyone for his f**k ups and going by Holts comments i wouldnt be surprised if we end up keeping him for another season he is part of the problem in a sh*tty defence.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the knicker wetting with Rawlins is down to the MC debacle and just hoping it isnt one of those, personally i dont think it will be.  A lot of it will come down to wanting to take more control and start being more hands on and direct than trust superfan and MR with any more dealings in regards to running of the club.

Given all the evidence it couldn't be further from that.  Everywhere he's been previously he's been successfull.  Most of the knicker wetting mind you does seem to be fans of other clubs hoping that he's a fly by night con man .

13 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Goes without saying. And your point?

You appear to be implying that they'll become successful because of the amount of fans they have?

Just now, AL-FFC said:

He needs a decent defence in front of him thats the problem the numpty that is Durnan is happy to shout at everyone for his f**k ups and going by Holts comments i wouldnt be surprised if we end up keeping him for another season he is part of the problem in a sh*tty defence.

He needs competition for his place even more in my opinion. It's important we have two keepers next season competing for the No1 spot even if that's getting a loan in again. Having a wee boy on the bench whose got no chance of playing bar an injury during a match just isn't putting the pressure on mutch to perform.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Out of the defenders that are ours I would empty them all, at a push I would maybe keep Dixon as a back up for a bit of experience in the squad.

Out of the defenders that are ours I would empty them all, at a push I would maybe keep Dixon as a back up for a bit of experience in the squad.

Given Holts comments in the FH i have the fear we are going to offer Durnan a new contract he's woeful 2 seasons is long enough to endure

You appear to be implying that they'll become successful because of the amount of fans they have?
Jesus....

You dont think in lower league Scottish Football season ticket and gate money consistently greater than that of your near rivals should form part of a setup where you are able to beat your near rivals?

Largely lost among folk piling in to this thread, reading very little of it then going "HAHAHAHA CROWDWANK!!!!" is that in general terms, the discussion around crowds is how the f**k have Falkirk managed to retain objectively good to very good gate numbers and how has that revenue stream been transformed into the turgid shits we are served up once through said gate

Edit to add, you may find that you think it gets disproportionate discussion on here, thats because theres fucking loads of us

Just now, AL-FFC said:

Given Holts comments in the FH i have the fear we are going to offer Durnan a new contract he's woeful 2 seasons is long enough to endure

That would be a horrendous decision in my opinion and would alienate the fans even more, if that’s possible.

That would be a horrendous decision in my opinion and would alienate the fans even more, if that’s possible.

The problem for Holt and the board is how do they continue our run of form by finding someone worse than Durnan to bring in to replace him?

Totally agree but 2 things  your missing here is 1 we are Falkirk and 2 if it pisses off the fanbase then the MSG/BoD are sure to go for it