The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, ok, I'll give you the apology bit, wouldn't do any harm, other than annoy some folk probably.

The end of our season was last night, the BOD and Holt won't have had the chance to discuss a freed list as they won't have known what league we were going to be in. (I know, it was always going to be L1 but we were 4 minutes away from making the play-offs, so I'm sure you'll get my point.)

I don't think any major financial decisions will be made without input from the Rawlins from here on in.

I don't think he should get away with it either but I don't think him resigning would make any difference at this point.

I agree, whatever they do now will annoy someone. However, when things were going ok (or at least when they had someone else to blame) Deans was everywhere talking about not repeating mistakes of previous regimes. Now the shit has hit the fan that’s exactly what they are doing. 

You are correct our season ended last night. Had we won the league, Deans, Holt, Kozary would’ve been all over social media today tripping over each other to grab the limelight. Instead we have been absolute dug shit so they are back in hiding.

Whatever anyone says, silence was never the answer. Shitebags. 

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

With the final pathetic league standing which I’m sure was never considered, it doesn’t take Einstein to work out that our financial situation must be of grave concern. 

I wouldn't have thought so in the short term. The Rawlins money, sco govt money and injection of cash from the recent share issue should see us fine for the moment.  Many more seasons like this though and it will indeed be grave.

Heard a few shouts now suggesting all we need do is get the next management appointment right. The glaring issue there is that all (M +M excepted) appointments since Houston have on the face of it been sound. Nothing in Hartley's past suggested the horrific squad he would assemble with us. Likewise McKinnon, though a tad underwhelming, was seen as a safe pair of hands that could steer us right.   From Houston's last season to Hartley to M+M to Holt, even with decent signings (again on the face of it) the football has been fucking dire, no organisation, no motivation, no game plan etc.

So whats up? The 2 big elephants hiding behind the curtains in the room (plus mouthpiece Deans, mind his opening tirade lambasting the fans? right out the Ritchie cunty playbook)

A successful club has a sense of togetherness top to bottom, owners, board, coaching staff, players, kitman, tealady, fans, really you want a sense of everyone pulling the same way.

Not so with these two brittle aloof fuckheads. They dont need to apologise, they just need to do one  Then the boardroom will need a thorough fumigation. Then Ill believe we might move forward again. IMO

6 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Heard a few shouts now suggesting all we need do is get the next management appointment right. The glaring issue there is that all (M +M excepted) appointments since Houston have on the face of it been sound. Nothing in Hartley's past suggested the horrific squad he would assemble with us. Likewise McKinnon, though a tad underwhelming, was seen as a safe pair of hands that could steer us right.   From Houston's last season to Hartley to M+M to Holt, even with decent signings (again on the face of it) the football has been fucking dire, no organisation, no motivation, no game plan etc.

So whats up? The 2 big elephants hiding behind the curtains in the room (plus mouthpiece Deans, mind his opening tirade lambasting the fans? right out the Ritchie cunty playbook)

A successful club has a sense of togetherness top to bottom, owners, board, coaching staff, players, kitman, tealady, fans, really you want a sense of everyone pulling the same way.

Not so with these two brittle aloof fuckheads. They dont need to apologise, they just need to do one  Then the boardroom will need a thorough fumigation. Then Ill believe we might move forward again. IMO

I agree with Hartley but the alarm bells should have been ringing with mckinnons abject failure to get united promoted despite their huge budget .  He had a decent half season at Raith and that was it.  Still not convinced hes a good manager just because he managed to win league 2 with a huge budget and as the only full time side.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree with Hartley but the alarm bells should have been ringing with mckinnons abject failure to get united promoted despite their huge budget .  He had a decent half season at Raith and that was it.  Still not convinced hes a good manager just because he managed to win league 2 with a huge budget and as the only full time side.

My point is that all other things being equal I dont believe McKinnon would have a) got us relegated and b) failed to get us promoted last year. Hes a coach that seems to require big advantages in order to be competitive, but he had that with us and still failed. I just believe theres something in the environment at the club which fails to bring the best out of anybody

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Any actual chance of Holt being punted? Rather not have to see his clueless mug again.

Not a chance our only hope is that it all gets too much for him and he walks, has a habit of doing that so you never know. 

Now think about this for a minute. Supposing SA & MR decide to call it a day, and sell their shares. That opens up some issues, the biggest of which is that as I understand it, the BoD have to agree to the transfer of share ownership. The two kings of the MSG cannot just sell them without BoD permission to do so. So who would be terrified of the prospect of that happening? My guess is a good few of the BoD.......especially if it comes with a threat to their position on the Board.

If that scenario played out, we might see a new major influence at play. If that scenario emerged and the BoD blocked it, then the battle lines will be drawn, and we might well have the 3rd Battle of Falkirk on our doorstep.

My guess is the current board will try to force through a decision on the next manager in double quick time in an attempt to diffuse anger and keep themselves in their much loved positions of power. All hypothetical and all guesswork but who knows. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I missed it only caught the tale end of it.

On another note thank f**k league reconstruction hasnt been mentioned as we would even miss going up with that

I was about to turn it off when I heard it was a Falkirk fan. 

Good on the lad for getting it up Andy Halliday and Gary Caldwell. Clearly the only pals act as they both mentioned that Miller and McCracken shouldn’t have been sacked and it as an awful decision. The guy turned round and said that they should have actually be sacked a lot sooner.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Doubt it. We managed two semis this year unlike your “invincibles”. I’m glad we managed to beat your overpaid team In 90minutes with so many academy players in our squad. Will be interesting to see how many millions your club have spunked this year? 

2E2D2E06-6C7B-4445-A9B0-FBDE20363446.jpeg.829c76830b8795c588944ef93ba1bf2f.jpeg

This is the third time you've posted that picture on here and it hasn't received a single upvote.

Someone please come and collect their da, etc.

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

This is the third time you've posted that picture on here and it hasn't received a single upvote.

Someone please come and collect their da, etc.

You like greenies, but not greenbacks. 😂 

F9567928-D77D-4BD6-9C92-5F5A9A291FF1.thumb.jpeg.8b30bba221ee4f488735ac18e5ddd9f3.jpeg

15 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

There’s the sign of a man still struggling to overcome being ridden rotten by a diddy club for a number of years, even when natural order has been restored. 

Overcame it literally eight days after the last time we played a half-decent Falkirk side.

We won the Scottish Cup, you got pumped four zip off Lee Clark's Killie while I was pished at the parade, bathed in sunshine.

Try again, champ. :lol:

5 hours ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

Genuinely concerned for the clubs future. 

As someone said elsewhere, the Rawlins financial input equates to the price of a decent pub. Hardly the levels of investment that will transform any hopes of a return to the elite....jeez, that seems so ridiculous a thought just now! 

The Rawlins have no emotional attachment to the club and that worries me. This isn't Fergus McCann spotting a guaranteed return on investment with a global brand... this is a modest input to a hugely under-performing third-tier outfit that has no idea where its heading. 

What if the Rawlins get fed up with their 'investment'? Are we stuck with distant owners who effectively write off their fanciful gamble? 

We need a lot more than £350k to get real change otherwise the bad old days of the late 70s may not look quite so bad if the malaise continues. 

That’s the thought I had. It’s less than 1% of his net worth, so he could afford to:

1) Walk and wash his hands.

2) Wait while the current geniuses try to fix it, and see his investment drop in value, but allow him to buy in more for less.

3) Wait while the current geniuses try to fix it, and see his investment grow in value.

4) Get down and dirty and involved.

The fact he hasn’t said anything publicly could either be good or bad, but the Holt statement about a short list by May 14 suggests no real coaching search or management change is planned or envisioned by the current ownership and BoD. Surely Rawlins would have broached the idea of changes to the BoD by now.

28 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Can't believe boys want to keep Robbie Mutch as a starter. GK would be the first position I looked at. He's horrible.

Yes, but he was angry when Airdrie scored.

That must make him really good.