The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Are the Kelpies cursed? I don’t think Falkirk have been in the top flight since they were erected.

Don’t really think our problems are down to a couple of tin horses heads, more a case of a couple of old horses arses in the posh seats.

10 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

We could do a lot worse. I think McCann, Grant or Murray would all be decent enough appointments that are realistic. Admittedly none of the above are earth shattering exciting picks.

Sporting Directors Ex team mate Grant will be the new manager for next season.  Left his post at Alloa early to avoid any compensation allegedly stating he wanted a break from football but stayed long enough to oversee relegation. If nothing else should beat the wasps home and away next season.

31 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Majority of fans were up in arms about it and as a result it was quickly taken down, but not before that embarrassing picture was taken. Our owners at the time rented out our whole stadium (against the wishes of the fans) to Celtic to help balance the books. There is a recent issue where the owners have closed our family stand down to take advantage of the bigot blue and green pound. I’ve yet to meet a St Mirren supporter who agrees with that decision. The Board of Directors argue it allows us to increase the player budget considerably to allow two extra full time players as many families refuse to attend when the two arse cheeks come to town. 

Our accounts are freely available to see how we continue to make a profit year on year. We are a very well run club. There is no denying that. It will be interesting to see how we have managed to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic given all the legal issues, testing, lack of matchday revenue and compare that to other provincial clubs like yourselves.

We made a profit last season. It's on the park that's our big problem.

9 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

Sporting Directors Ex team mate Grant will be the new manager for next season.  Left his post at Alloa early to avoid any compensation allegedly stating he wanted a break from football but stayed long enough to oversee relegation. If nothing else should beat the wasps home and away next season.

Heard he'll be the assistant to a younger number one.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We made a profit last season. It's on the park that's our big problem.

It will be interesting to see all clubs accounts for this season. The lack of hospitality and sponsorship, plus PATG punters will have taken it’s toll on a lot of clubs. We ended up having to hire additional staff and significant legal costs to deal with Covid issues. Then you have the additional costs of testing, additional transport, etc. 

Just now, Yflab said:

It will be interesting to see all clubs accounts for this season. The lack of hospitality and sponsorship, plus PATG punters will have taken it’s toll on a lot of clubs. We ended up having to hire additional staff and significant legal costs to deal with Covid issues. Then you have the additional costs of testing, additional transport, etc. 

#ticktock for St Mirren it appears

45 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Majority of fans were up in arms about it and as a result it was quickly taken down, but not before that embarrassing picture was taken. Our owners at the time rented out our whole stadium (against the wishes of the fans) to Celtic to help balance the books. There is a recent issue where the owners have closed our family stand down to take advantage of the bigot blue and green pound. I’ve yet to meet a St Mirren supporter who agrees with that decision. The Board of Directors argue it allows us to increase the player budget considerably to allow two extra full time players as many families refuse to attend when the two arse cheeks come to town. 

Our accounts are freely available to see how we continue to make a profit year on year. We are a very well run club. There is no denying that. It will be interesting to see how we have managed to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic given all the legal issues, testing, lack of matchday revenue and compare that to other provincial clubs like yourselves.

Methinks you doth protest too much

Guilty as charged

Just now, G51 said:

#ticktock for St Mirren it appears

Doubt it. We managed two semis this year unlike your “invincibles”. I’m glad we managed to beat your overpaid team In 90minutes with so many academy players in our squad. Will be interesting to see how many millions your club have spunked this year? 

2E2D2E06-6C7B-4445-A9B0-FBDE20363446.jpeg.829c76830b8795c588944ef93ba1bf2f.jpeg

5 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

Methinks you doth protest too much

Guilty as charged

Doesn't really bother me , there ain't a diddy team in the land would've done different.

My take on all this is accountability. I understand supporter’s frustration but Gary Holt is literary just put his foot in the door, he is filling in as interim coach and he made it clear he did not want the managers job when he was appointed.

Generally as a rule of thumb when businesses fail it is usual for someone in the hierarchy to suffer the consequences. Our chairman is a prime example of this, he has been critical in the past of fans views but it appears he is failing to deliver what he was tasked to do, in the same boat as M&M. I know he comes across as a fairly decent chairman but the bottom line is he should be replaced as a a club we are failing big time under his stewardship. It’s all about consistency.

Just like our team managers

Houston - Failed- sacked
Hartley - Failed-sacked
McKinnon - Failed- sacked
M&M - Failed-sacked

As a main figurehead within the club responsible for delivering and driving our 3/5/7/9 years strategy (whatever it as as it change) from month to month) I’m afraid to say is woeful with no sign of any improvement - It could be argued that we have not just stagnated but got worse.

For me it inescapable - He should be replaced, not walk but simple be removed.

Why has Gary Dean not been sacked yet?

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

In what way  was pressure put on the board by fans to get M+M out? 

Gatherings at the stadium or what?

The power of social media. In a pandemic it is the only way to gauge the opinions of fans and most of us wanted them out. 

36 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

If nothing else should beat the wasps home and away next season.

I like your reasoning here  . , fully expected to see the bucket and spade returned and pictured outside the recs ,but hey ho you lot didnt half

disintegrate , looking forward to being refrigerated in that stand area again . at least the grub is reasonable .

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

I like your reasoning here  . , fully expected to see the bucket and spade returned and pictured outside the recs ,but hey ho you lot didnt half

disintegrate , looking forward to being refrigerated in that stand area again . at least the grub is reasonable .

Of course we never, we don’t give two fucks about Alloa.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

An apology at least shows they are accepting blame. These clowns probably still think they’ve done nothing wrong.

The freed list doesn’t need to be “drawn up”. Everyone out of contract should be gone. Simply not up to it in terms of ability or effort.

What has the fact we paid for 27 games and got 22 got to do with Rawlins?

Yes I want Deans to resign and just because I don’t have an immediate answer as to who should take over doesn’t mean he should get away with it. He’s failed, he should resign. 

Aye, ok, I'll give you the apology bit, wouldn't do any harm, other than annoy some folk probably.

The end of our season was last night, the BOD and Holt won't have had the chance to discuss a freed list as they won't have known what league we were going to be in. (I know, it was always going to be L1 but we were 4 minutes away from making the play-offs, so I'm sure you'll get my point.)

I don't think any major financial decisions will be made without input from the Rawlins from here on in.

I don't think he should get away with it either but I don't think him resigning would make any difference at this point.