The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Are the Kelpies cursed? I don’t think Falkirk have been in the top flight since they were erected.

A wee bit of deflection from the cough ' picture' of Celtic selling their wares from your ground

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

All of it but at the time of each sacking it was 100% the right thing to do. The board would've let each of those managers finish the season if fans were not putting the pressure on.

In what way  was pressure put on the board by fans to get M+M out? 

Gatherings at the stadium or what?

2 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Falkirk fan on Clyde SSB

I missed it only caught the tale end of it.

On another note thank f**k league reconstruction hasnt been mentioned as we would even miss going up with that

59 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Like an apology. An admission that everyone involved with the club has made a c**t of it. An acceptance that it’s not been good enough. A list of players who will never disgrace our badge again. An offer of a refund on season tickets for the fixtures that never took place. A resignation. A plan...

All of the above would’ve been better than silence  

Looks to me that if they can’t blame COVID, the SPFL or the Forfar chairman then they’ll try just saying nothing and hope for the best. 

They can apologise till they're blue in the face, would mean nothing.

The freed list won't have been drawn up yet, although I would expect that to appear quite soon.

Don't think they'll be in a position to offer any refunds until the sums have been done and the Rawlins consulted.

Who do you want to resign? Deans? Who would take over?

Any plan that would have been in place will be getting ripped up and replaced by either the Rawlins new master plan or the Falkirk strategy of raking in the bargain bins for next season's squad. I hope for the former.

2 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

In what way  was pressure put on the board by fans to get M+M out? 

Gatherings at the stadium or what?

There was a very strong email from someone in Polmont.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The freed list won't have been drawn up yet, although I would expect that to appear quite soon.

Don't think they'll be in a position to offer any refunds until the sums have been done and the Rawlins consulted.

Any plan that would have been in place will be getting ripped up and replaced by either the Rawlins new master plan or the Falkirk strategy of raking in the bargain bins for next season's squad. I hope for the former.

Hopefully there’s a 3rd way. Certainly the Rawlins Hallmark love letters will now be consigned to the file marked “wish we hadn’t actually come out with that gushing pish”. Any attempt to upwardly manage the Rawlins will now be dead in the water.

2 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Serious question though with no fans at the matches how was the pressure put on.  

Probably just a slow acceptance that amidst all of the chaff on social media, there was a serious and consistent thread that the shit really was about to hit the fan. Just looking at the way players carried themselves in the matches since the restart simply screamed out that there was trouble at t’mill.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Can be done ! Alex Totten & Gregor Abel did it with pennies. McAllister - Cameon Juniors. Jobson -  Meadowbank. Irvine -Ex Hibs picked up from the Juniors. Grant - Alloa. Owners that were fans themselves and good business people in Moffat & Allen.

Transformed the team with 4 adroit signings that were an attacking threat and took the pressure off the defense.

There is no reason it can't be done again ! Somebody with drive, knows the market and has contacts.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Probably just a slow acceptance that amidst all of the chaff on social media, there was a serious and consistent thread that the shit really was about to hit the fan. Just looking at the way players carried themselves in the matches since the restart simply screamed out that there was trouble at t’mill.

Are there any reported PPV numbers for FalkirkTV for the season?

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

We’re not getting a response from the club today are we?

That’s hilarious. 😂

The c***s will all be away on holiday. I wonder how many emails that p***k Holt has “just deleted without reading” today. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Are there any reported PPV numbers for FalkirkTV for the season?

Don't know about PPV but the figure won in the 50/50 draw at the weekend was £290, meaning that £290 went to the club too. At the start of the season those figures were around £1300 which demonstrates the drop off in interest from the fans. If that's reflected in ST sales, which I suspect it will be, then we're on a downer straight away! 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The c***s will all be away on holiday. I wonder how many emails that p***k Holt has “just deleted without reading” today. 

This says it all to me, add to the bit highlighted in red he better not be here next season 2 seasons is bad enough with that calamity

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/nothing-we-can-say-will-appease-the-fans-says-holt-as-bairns-miss-out-on-league-1-play-offs-3224550

Speaking after the defeat, Holt said: "It's horrible, it really is, we make no bones about it that there is nothing we can say that will appease the fans.

"It's not me trying to work things into a way where we can get a bit of sympathy, it's not going to happen and I fully accept it.

"That happens, we haven't had any luck, the majority of the defence has changed with injuries throughout the season and you're asking players like big Mark Durnan to come in and play even though he's not fully fit and he wants to do it because he knows what we're trying to achieve. "That's the kind of character you need, 

Genuinely concerned for the clubs future. 

As someone said elsewhere, the Rawlins financial input equates to the price of a decent pub. Hardly the levels of investment that will transform any hopes of a return to the elite....jeez, that seems so ridiculous a thought just now! 

The Rawlins have no emotional attachment to the club and that worries me. This isn't Fergus McCann spotting a guaranteed return on investment with a global brand... this is a modest input to a hugely under-performing third-tier outfit that has no idea where its heading. 

What if the Rawlins get fed up with their 'investment'? Are we stuck with distant owners who effectively write off their fanciful gamble? 

We need a lot more than £350k to get real change otherwise the bad old days of the late 70s may not look quite so bad if the malaise continues. 

33 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:

A wee bit of deflection from the cough ' picture' of Celtic selling their wares from your ground

Majority of fans were up in arms about it and as a result it was quickly taken down, but not before that embarrassing picture was taken. Our owners at the time rented out our whole stadium (against the wishes of the fans) to Celtic to help balance the books. There is a recent issue where the owners have closed our family stand down to take advantage of the bigot blue and green pound. I’ve yet to meet a St Mirren supporter who agrees with that decision. The Board of Directors argue it allows us to increase the player budget considerably to allow two extra full time players as many families refuse to attend when the two arse cheeks come to town. 

Our accounts are freely available to see how we continue to make a profit year on year. We are a very well run club. There is no denying that. It will be interesting to see how we have managed to navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic given all the legal issues, testing, lack of matchday revenue and compare that to other provincial clubs like yourselves.

McIntyre would do a good job. 

The situation isn't terminal yet, we went from 7th in league one, to winning the title in like March the next season. Raith took three seasons aswell, will look on with interest for who you appoint. 

56 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

An apology at least shows they are accepting blame. These clowns probably still think they’ve done nothing wrong.

The freed list doesn’t need to be “drawn up”. Everyone out of contract should be gone. Simply not up to it in terms of ability or effort.

What has the fact we paid for 27 games and got 22 got to do with Rawlins?

Yes I want Deans to resign and just because I don’t have an immediate answer as to who should take over doesn’t mean he should get away with it. He’s failed, he should resign.