The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

What kind of a statement would you applaud? 

Apart from "We have fucked up in a spectacular fashion and we hereby tender our resignations" . 

What a wonderful statement that would be. I hope that's what they go for. You've even written it for them!

I do find it incredible that we’ve just finished 5th in a part time league, have no management team and only 5 contracted players (none of which are good enough IMO) yet the boards reaction is to say nothing 🤯.

Surely they had to say something 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

A very good article which documented things very well, unlike the BBC's rehash of the Falkirk herald article. I also found this one to be interesting too:
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/5-reasons-falkirk-fans-were-happy-with-the-sacking-of-co-managers-lee-miller-and-david-mccracken-3212248

I hate to pour cold water on things, but when have we ever announced a players leaving list the day after the final game.  I expect we won't see that list until the end of the month (and it will be sickening if they get thanked for their contribution!), or at the very least until a new manager has been appointed and he can decide what of the dross he wants to keep.  I'd happily be proven wrong though.

I expect the next Deans statement will be we weren't good enough so we've brought in this new manager / management team to turn the ship around rather than anything imminent.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

I always assumed the reason St Mirren remained financially stable was the extra income generated by leasing out their club shop.

D52CBB6C-B2A5-4CC0-937B-73DB83508466.thumb.jpeg.ed0328fdc97aba2f0dc73eaf73fc0dad.jpeg

Has the Falkirk downturn in fortunes not coincided with the scrapping of what was once an excellent youth set up?

Spending the money instead on mercenaries was never going to work. 
Need look no further than Accies as an example of the only way to compete above your perceived level, regularly giving young players a chance. 
It’s nearly impossible to just sign your way to success without the biggest cheque book.

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

I do find it incredible that we’ve just finished 5th in a part time league, have no management team and only 5 contracted players (none of which are good enough IMO) yet the boards reaction is to say nothing 🤯.

Surely they had to say something 🤷🏼‍♂️

Like what?

Isnt Director of Football a board position?

I would have thought a title rather than official director - however not 100% sure

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Nope- our downturn in fortunes has conincided with us signing nearly 100 shite players in the last 3 and a half years.

Is it not linked though?

no other option left but to sign a whole squad players. A terrible plan for success. 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Like what?

Like an apology. An admission that everyone involved with the club has made a c**t of it. An acceptance that it’s not been good enough. A list of players who will never disgrace our badge again. An offer of a refund on season tickets for the fixtures that never took place. A resignation. A plan...

All of the above would’ve been better than silence  

Looks to me that if they can’t blame COVID, the SPFL or the Forfar chairman then they’ll try just saying nothing and hope for the best. 

It was less than a year ago that we were served up this stuff. Yes Mr Chairman, we certainly did our talking on the pitch. Amazing how many of those “habits of bad people in football” now seem to have taken root at FFC.

683CDED9-7573-4CB9-8E11-A0EA46DECF69.jpeg

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Nothing they could say would be enough. Would rather have silence and actions than words and inaction. I’m sure the “moving on” list is being drawn and up and is long 

I agree, would be mere platitudes that somebody would take umbrage to.

It’s just everything we look at right now. I wanted another look at the first Airdrie goal last night that ShaggerG forecast to perfection. So to YouTube for Airdrie v Falkirk, and you are faced with this....it sums it up so well.

C11B0CFD-F9DF-4EF4-8CC5-57C8AD91C60E.jpeg